Hornets beat Lakers in game 1

Blackout

CP3 had his best game of the season and was incredibly clutch..hell of a performance. The hornets probably aren't going to shoot 52% from the field again, but Ariza probably won't sh*t the bed like that again, so who knows. I still think the Lakers take the series, but unless they - and by they i mean Pau - really turn it around, I no longer see them making it out of the west.

I know he's great, I know he has the rings, and I appreciate that he's a smart guy with varied interests, but I find it entirely impossible to root for Kobe Bryant. The fact that he's no longer compared to Jordan in the GOAT discussion leads me to believe that many, many people feel the same way.

I know he's great, I know he has the rings, and I appreciate that he's a smart guy with varied interests, but I find it entirely impossible to root for Kobe Bryant. The fact that he's no longer compared to Jordan in the GOAT discussion leads me to believe that many, many people feel the same way.

I can understand that, and while I agree that he'll never be in the same echelon as jordan, I still love Kobe. I'm not sure why, I guess I just like his drive and dominance. It's the same reason I used to love Lebron, although he started to become abrasive and annoying the last few years. He has the rings to prove he could do it without Shaq, which was what I wanted to see, so now i guess I don't want to see him win as much as I used to, as there are other players and teams I'd like to see win it all a bit more. I guess I'm more apathetic when it comes to Kobe now. Not too excited if he wins or upset if he loses.

On the other hand, there are certain players like Lebron, KG and Pierce that I can just no longer root for and find them incredibly annoying. I would imagine there are a lot more players that people would never want to win a title than there are players they want to see one. Outside of the Knicks, there really aren't any players I care about getting a title.

On the other hand, there are certain players like Lebron, KG and Pierce that I can just no longer root for and find them incredibly annoying. I would imagine there are a lot more players that people would never want to win a title than there are players they want to see one. Outside of the Knicks, there really aren't any players I care about getting a title.

Dallas. If only because Cuban is the man and for some bizarre reason Dirk's career has become vastly underrated in recent years.

Dallas. If only because Cuban is the man and for some bizarre reason Dirk's career has become vastly underrated in recent years.

Yep, that was exactly who I had in mind when typing that. I also wouldn't mind Kidd getting a ring, if for nothing else than for bringing those awful Nets teams to the playoffs year after year. He's just a pg in the truest sense of the word...would kill to have even a early 30's version of him on the knicks right now.

It really is amazing... after arguing about the subject on here with QiF a couple of months ago, I was discussing the very same thing with the guy I carpool with this morning.

He is one of the most unlikable athletes in sports that I can remember...before Lebron had that debacle this past summer Kobe was the most unlikable athlete in sports since Arod became a yankee...If he wins another ring which he likely will..wait until you hear all the crap about him being better than Jordan...he isn't but I have hear the like of Mark Jackson say as much..it's a joke..

Agree on Kidd would love to see him win a ring before he retires...

He is one of the most unlikable athletes in sports that I can remember...before Lebron had that debacle this past summer Kobe was the most unlikable athlete in sports since Arod became a yankee...If he wins another ring which he likely will..wait until you hear all the crap about him being better than Jordan...he isn't but I have hear the like of Mark Jackson say as much..it's a joke..

Agree on Kidd would love to see him win a ring before he retires...

Good post. Welcome to the board.

Archived