Computer Sim 7 Rd. Mock Draft. Not too shabby, imo

T0mShane

Draft Tek 7 Rd. Mock

The Jets' haul:

Rd. 1: Jabaal Sheard, OLB, Pitt; 6'3, 264 lbs.

Rd. 3: Kenrick Ellis, NT, Hampton; 6'5, 346 lbs.

Rd. 4: Cedric Thornton, DE, Southern Arkansas; 6'3, 309 lbs.

Rd. 5: Joe Barksdale, RT, LSU

Rd. 6: Chris Conte, S, Cal

Rd. 7: Lee Ziemba, T, Auburn

The Pat's early haul:

Rd. 1: Muhammed Wilkerson, DE, Temple

Rd. 1: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

Rd. 2: Jason Pinkston, OG, Pitt

Rd. 2: Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt

Rd. 3: Chris Hairston, LT, Clemson

Rd. 3: Dontay Moch, OLB, Nevada

Draft Tek 7 Rd. Mock

The Jets' haul:

Rd. 1: Jabaal Sheard, OLB, Pitt; 6'3, 264 lbs.

Rd. 3: Kenrick Ellis, NT, Hampton; 6'5, 346 lbs.

Rd. 4: Cedric Thornton, DE, Southern Arkansas; 6'3, 309 lbs.

Rd. 5: Joe Barksdale, RT, LSU

Rd. 6: Chris Conte, S, Cal

Rd. 7: Lee Ziemba, T, Auburn

The Pat's early haul:

Rd. 1: Muhammed Wilkerson, DE, Temple

Rd. 1: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

Rd. 2: Jason Pinkston, OG, Pitt

Rd. 2: Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt

Rd. 3: Chris Hairston, LT, Clemson

Rd. 3: Dontay Moch, OLB, Nevada

Not bad for either team, but I really like the Pats haul in this mock...a lot.

Me too. Being a Jets fan and all.

Ha!

I know you dont like Wilkerson...and I do...so that one I get.

But whats wrong with Ingram, Pinkston and Baldwin?

I think Ingram is a perfect compliment for Woodhead and the Law Firm. Pinkston is a solid player they can develop and personally I think Baldwin is a baller. He's not the guy thats going to open up the long ball like they need, but he's a big physical WR that has definite #1 potential.

Ha!

I know you dont like Wilkerson...and I do...so that one I get.

But whats wrong with Ingram, Pinkston and Baldwin?

I think Ingram is a perfect compliment for Woodhead and the Law Firm. Pinkston is a solid player they can develop and personally I think Baldwin is a baller. He's not the guy thats going to open up the long ball like they need, but he's a big physical WR that has definite #1 potential.

Baldwin is awesome. The rest of those picks are clearly terrible

Baldwin is awesome. The rest of those picks are clearly terrible

Well, I just disagree. I'm high on Wilkerson...you can move him around on the line. Perfect for a 3-4. I'd love to have him.

I think Ingram is a perfect fit for a team that barely runs the ball...he'll be the guy that fights for the hard yard. Dont get the hate on Pinkston...maybe a little high for him but he was the cornerstone for that Pitt OL, though I see him more as run block guy in a pass first offense, still think hes a solid pick. And I love Baldwin.

I really like Jabaal Sheard but putting an OLB next to his name is projection. He's never played OLB and not really shown in drills that he can play OLB.

If we're sandbagging somebody it sure as sh*t ain't Jabaal Sheard.

I think Baldwin would be great in that environment. I'd hate it if he went somewhere like the Bengals or the Raiders where he'd have the chance to shut it down and, as a result, never be heard from again. Too much raw talent there but it reads like he's high-maintenance. But what good receiver isn't?

I don't know why you would have a team drafting 3 offensive lineman in the same draft. There is no possible way that anyone could keep 3 rookie linemen on their active roster unless you were planning on starting a couple of them. You would just be throwing picks away.

Edit: My bad, I misread the picks...they only have them taking 2. I still think it would be hard for both to make the active roster unless neither Hunter or Woody are brought back.

I don't know why you would have a team drafting 3 offensive lineman in the same draft. There is no possible way that anyone could keep 3 rookie linemen on their active roster unless you were planning on starting a couple of them. You would just be throwing picks away.

Edit: My bad, I misread the picks...they only have them taking 2. I still think it would be hard for both to make the active roster unless neither Hunter or Woody are brought back.

When was the last time a 7th round pick made the Jets roster? Especially if Vlad doesnt pan out.

When was the last time a 7th round pick made the Jets roster? Especially if Vlad doesnt pan out.

Not exactly a fair question. When was the last time the Jets had a 7th round pick? The answer is 2008 Nate Garner. They waived him and the Dolphins signed him and were expecting him to start by 2010. They tendered him in the offseason. The last time a 7th round pick made the Jets was 2007, Chansi Stuckey. He got hurt, but played significant time the following year and it was obvious that he was going to make the team. Titus Adams was on the practice squad, signed away by the Giants and has kicked around the league on a bunch of teams, without doing anything significant. I don't think being down on late picks is too fair with this team - during the Tannenbaum era 6th rounder Slauson is starting in his second year and 6th rounder Drew Coleman started as a rookie. I don't think it's that unlikely that they will keep some young linemen around, especially on the practice squad. Consider that Turner, Hunter and Woody are all free. AFAIK, they only have four legit linemen under contract.

Would certainly have a better chance if it was a QB or someone who can play specials rather than a second OT.

I dont know...I feel like there are a lot of good late round OL in the league.

Not exactly a fair question. When was the last time the Jets had a 7th round pick? The answer is 2008 Nate Garner. They waived him and the Dolphins signed him and were expecting him to start by 2010. They tendered him in the offseason. The last time a 7th round pick made the Jets was 2007, Chansi Stuckey. He got hurt, but played significant time the following year and it was obvious that he was going to make the team. Titus Adams was on the practice squad, signed away by the Giants and has kicked around the league on a bunch of teams, without doing anything significant. I don't think being down on late picks is too fair with this team - during the Tannenbaum era 6th rounder Slauson is starting in his second year and 6th rounder Drew Coleman started as a rookie. I don't think it's that unlikely that they will keep some young linemen around, especially on the practice squad. Consider that Turner, Hunter and Woody are all free. AFAIK, they only have four legit linemen under contract.

For some reason I thought Marcus Henry was a 7th rounder too. I thought we had 4 straight years, before last season. I'm fine with late round OL, feel like they pan out more than skills positions.

Archived