Revis: Don't call Us a Joke

flgreen

Darrelle: Don't call us a joke

May, 21, 2011

May 21

3:22

PM ET

By Rich Cimini

A few days ago, Bart Scott told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio that if the Jets don't back up Rex Ryan's annual Super-Bowl guarantee, "people are going to start looking at it as a joke."

To Darrelle Revis, it's no laughing matter. The Jets' star cornerback wasn't directly criticizing his defensive teammate, but he doesn't believe the team or its coach should be ridiculed if it falls short again.

"People can say it can be a joke because of how much we talk about being a Super Bowl team and winning it, but I agree with Rex," Revis told ESPNNewYork.com Saturday at a promotional appearance in Manhattan. "Every year, you should go into the season wanting to win a Super Bowl.

"If people want to call us a joke, go ahead, call us a joke, but we've turned this organization around to a winning organization, and nobody ever said it was going to happen this fast," he continued. "... The only way we could be a joke is if the team starts to get torn apart. Say, for example, I end up somewhere else. Rex ends up somewhere else. If this team doesn't stay together, after that, you can say it's a joke."

Revis seemed concerned about that, considering the number of free agents on the Jets' roster. That includes some key players, namely fellow CB Antonio Cromartie, WR Santonio Holmes and WR Braylon Edwards.

fwiw...i agree with Revis...I'm reading Rex's book now and the organizational culture change was important to address early when Rex took over...Revis is articulating what Rex is preaching...we will win a championship...I'd rather have this then some of the other messages I've seen over the past 30+ years and the horses a$$ comment was just one of the low lights...

"... The only way we could be a joke is if the team starts to get torn apart. Say, for example, I end up somewhere else."

The cocksucker is threatening another holdout during a lockout. F*** MEVI$!!!! Something about Kyle Wilson.

fwiw...i agree with Revis...I'm reading Rex's book now and the organizational culture change was important to address early when Rex took over...Revis is articulating what Rex is preaching...we will win a championship...I'd rather have this then some of the other messages I've seen over the past 30+ years and the horses a$$ comment was just one of the low lights...

+1

Archived