Walsh out as Knicks GM

shawn306

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6622321

Donnie Walsh departing Knicks

Donnie Walsh's tenure as president and general manager of the New York Knicks is over, team owner James Dolan said Friday.

"Following a long series of discussions regarding his future role with the New York Knicks, Donnie Walsh and I have mutually agreed that he will be leaving his position ... at the end of June," Dolan said in a statement.

Walsh will work in a consultant's capacity for the team next season.

"In a relatively short time with the Knicks, Donnie made a tremendous impact, which will be felt for many years to come," Dolan said. "We thank Donnie for his leadership, hard work and many contributions to the revitalization of the team."

The Knicks said their search for a new president and general manager will begin immediately. Glen Grunwald, the club's senior vice president of basketball operations, will serve as interim GM beginning in July and will oversee all player transactions.

As long as Isiah isn't back, we'll see. Walsh is 70, and wasn't going to be around MSG for much longer because he is looking to retire back to Indiana asnyway. Would've been better if Walsh had groomed either Houston or Mullin for the job, but still possible Houston could get the job.That would be the best possible outcome. Again, we'll see.

this may be good news, I'd have to assume any real GM will want to bring in his own coach, and I'm no fan of D'Antoni's

as long as dolan doesn't try to save money by letting isiah do both jobs, the knicks should be OK

actually, as long as isiah isn't allowed anywhere near the team the knicks should be OK

Archived