LOL here we go.

Smashmouth

Cam Newton claims hes not just a football player hes a model and an Icon. This is too much, but I think we all knew it was comming.

In my opinion to be a great NFL QB you MUST dedicate your life to it. Work harder than anyone else, and know not only your job but everyone elses inside and out. Anyone think Cam is going to put in that kind of work ?

Cam Newton claims hes not just a football player hes a model and an Icon. This is too much, but I think we all knew it was comming.

In my opinion to be a great NFL QB you MUST dedicate your life to it. Work harder than anyone else, and know not only your job but everyone elses inside and out. Anyone think Cam is going to put in that kind of work ?

I have said it before...this guy will be the worst number 1 overall pick in 20 years. He has all the ingredients. He has the potential to make Jamarcus Russell look like a hall of famer.

Can't wait! (thanks bart)

I have said it before...this guy will be the worst number 1 overall pick in 20 years. He has all the ingredients. He has the potential to make Jamarcus Russell look like a hall of famer.

Can't wait! (thanks bart)

Yikes. I know he was a #2 pick, but where do you put him in comparison to Ryan Leaf? I don't think anything can ever beat Ryan Leaf, and at #2 it's not like he was really a lower pick. Sure, 1 pick later, but that's high.

I don't think the modeling is that bad, but it's just more the Lebron James aspect of saying things and then having the media bash you for it. They are required to talk to the media, but I think they can get away with "Yes, No, Maybe, I don't know" answers if they wanted to...no rule against that right? If you refuse to talk about the modeling if they find out, I doubt that's a problem either...just answer football questions.

Peyton Manning does a ton of acting but nobody ever says anything about it. Most people try to be multi-faceted and more than just whatever their career is. Sanchez is well known for being a football buff, but he still finds time to meet underage chubby women. Being a model is a better idea than that because you'd probably meet other actual, of age, female models. You'd get a new "skill" and meet different people outside of your usual circle. As long as you're not a Kerry you should be fine with it on the side.

Yikes. I know he was a #2 pick, but where do you put him in comparison to Ryan Leaf? I don't think anything can ever beat Ryan Leaf, and at #2 it's not like he was really a lower pick. Sure, 1 pick later, but that's high.

I don't think the modeling is that bad, but it's just more the Lebron James aspect of saying things and then having the media bash you for it. They are required to talk to the media, but I think they can get away with "Yes, No, Maybe, I don't know" answers if they wanted to...no rule against that right? If you refuse to talk about the modeling if they find out, I doubt that's a problem either...just answer football questions.

Peyton Manning does a ton of acting but nobody ever says anything about it. Most people try to be multi-faceted and more than just whatever their career is. Sanchez is well known for being a football buff, but he still finds time to meet underage chubby women. Being a model is a better idea than that because you'd probably meet other actual, of age, female models. You'd get a new "skill" and meet different people outside of your usual circle. As long as you're not a Kerry you should be fine with it on the side.

I could care less about his modeling. That's really not a big deal. It's that I truly think he will be a total waste of an NFL roster spot. Nothing about him says he has any kind of work ethic or desire to put forth the effort playing QB in the NFL requires.

Newton is the total package in terms of 'bust'...watching it all unfold is pretty fun.

No, not me.

You also have earn respect around the NFL and its fanbase. Thats what always irked me about Vick. Nike made him this big star who never did jack squat.

I will say this, it's sweet irony that Jerry Richardson, the guy who belittled Peyton Manning to his face about making too much money, is going to have to scratch a huuuuuge check to Cam Newton in the next couple weeks.

The joke will be on Richardson.

These running QBs never seem to fare well in the NFL.

No, not me.

You also have earn respect around the NFL and its fanbase. Thats what always irked me about Vick. Nike made him this big star who never did jack squat.

Pre-Crisis Vick was an absolutely sh*tty passer. I don't remember if he had Roddy White or not at any point, but if he did that makes it even worse.

The current Vick though, if he can replicate what he did last year, is probably the most fun to watch in the NFL.

Pre-Crisis Vick was an absolutely sh*tty passer. I don't remember if he had Roddy White or not at any point, but if he did that makes it even worse.

The current Vick though, if he can replicate what he did last year, is probably the most fun to watch in the NFL.

Yeah he had Roddy White. White was good. First year that Matt Ryan is there White looks like a top 5 wide reciever

An article from 2 years ago? Really? :mellow:

If your talking to me DLJ this is something I heard just within the last few days on NFL network . he was just reported as making these comments weather or not he made them in the past is not relevant.

As for the Peyton Manning comparison Peyton Does commercials it a much different thing than being a model and an Icon. This idiot should be living and breathing football for the next 3 years and when he gets a grasp on the NFL game, his teams offense, and proves he can play in the league then he can say whatevr he wants. Until then his focus should be one thing, the only thing he will probably ever have any chance of being successful at and thats football. The talent is there and he needs to realize the position he plays is about 30 % talent and 70% brains.

people are all wrong about Cam Newton

he's Andy Dufrane. crawled through a river of sh*t and came out clean on the other side

meanwhile guys like terrelle pryor everything sticks to... nothing sticks to Cam Newton

and it's not about making the fans happy. or the media... or the owners.

when NFL players look at Cam newton walk in the locker room, they think "hey sweet a real QB we might have a chance today."

when they see Jimmy Classen walk through the door they think "I hate that jerk, i can't wait for the nightclubs later."

think about it. the Carolina Panthers were in the NFC championship in 2009 they are not really a 2-14. a team goes 2-14 by not trying. Cam will inspire them to try, just like he inspired Auburn to try. and he might not win a ring in the NFL but i guaruntee he will get them in spitting distance to .500.

sam Bradford did the same thing and is lauded as the best thing since sliced bread (0-16 to 7-9)

he's Andy Dufrane. crawled through a river of sh*t and came out clean on the other side

meanwhile guys like terrelle pryor everything sticks to... nothing sticks to Cam Newton

when NFL players look at Cam newton walk in the locker room, they think "hey sweet a real QB we might have a chance today."

when they see Jimmy Classen walk through the door they think "I hate that jerk, i can't wait for the nightclubs later."

think about it. the Carolina Panthers were in the NFC championship in 2009 they are not really a 2-14. a team goes 2-14 by not trying. Cam will inspire them to try, just like he inspired Auburn to try. and he might not win a ring in the NFL but i guaruntee he will get them in spitting distance to .500.

sam Bradford did the same thing and is lauded as the best thing since sliced bread (0-16 to 7-9)

Replace Cam Newton with Ryan Leaf (or Matt Leinart or Jamarcus Russell, Andre Ware, Brady Quinn.....) and you could have written the same exact thing between the draft and their first OTAs.

The guy can't pass...and from what I have read and seen...he cannot think either...i want them to play this year just so i can watch him with the panthers. It will be a great comedy display for years to come.

The guy can't pass...and from what I have read and seen...he cannot think either...i want them to play this year just so i can watch him with the panthers. It will be a great comedy display for years to come.

As long as you pare down your entire play-calling system so that every play can be called with a two-digit placard held up on the sideline, the Simple Gun will dominate the world.

As long as you pare down your entire play-calling system so that every play can be called with a two-digit placard held up on the sideline, the Simple Gun will dominate the world.

2-digits??? Might as well ask him to split the atom. He has 5 fingers he can use to count with. 1-2-3-4-5. His second hand you can't factor in because he will need to use it to point to each finger on the first hand as he's counting.

At least he's already got some head shots for his modeling portfolio.

camnewtonmugshot.jpg

Archived