Jets first to contact Santonio

Klecko73isGod

What is funny to me is that you are hyping a guy that has only 4 more TDs in more games than another guy that you consider nothing more than a backup. If Holmes can only manage 4 more TDs even though he's played 9 more games and started all of them than a freaking backup, how good is Holmes really?

Apparently Holmes only scores TDs when the team is tied or losing at the end of a game. Maybe they are tied or losing all the time is because he drops them before then.

You got me there. I don't want a guy who plays his best with the game on the line.... :rolleyes:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JIF your smart a$$ posts dont state the facts they state nothing. The year Mr Santonio had 1200 yards recieving he was ranked 39 in the NFL in TDs .... Mr Big Play ? WTF does this guy do other than one game that put his a$$ on the freakin map. Please JIF tell me something about this guy that makes him so great. Please !!!!!! hes a good WR but hes not a 8, 9 or 10 mil guy not in the least. hes worth about 5-6 mil per year and if we pay him more than that we are IDIOTS. Like I said if we do sign him Ill root for him like a mad man but dont insult me by saying this guy is so great when he obviously is NOT. You dont have to agree with my scenario about Moore or anyone else for that matter just please dont tell me this guy is great OK,

You're wasting your time Smash. Holmes is an absolute stud, top 10/15 WR's in the league.

Rex Ryan >>> Smashmouth

/end thread

i have been thinking about the holmes situation alot today.i think he will sign a reasonable contract with the jets.i beleive he loves the organization and doesnt want to go elsewhere.i know he has said he wanted to test the market,bla,bla,bla.but really,what is he suppossed to say?show all his cards? braylon chose the other route that posters seem to like more because he knew he was playing second fiddle to holmes.all players want to play for the jets.tanny and rex and woody for that matter have really turned this same ol jets thing upside down

You're really much more hung up on stats than I'd expect from you. The Jets aren't an offensive powerhouse by design. For the 5th overall pick in the draft and $50M, Sanchez should be putting up 4500 yards and 30 TD's every year, too - but that's just not who the Jets are. They want a QB/WR tandem that can pull a win out of their asses in the final minutes, and Sanchez/Holmes can be that tandem.

I've been in McKnight's corner since the Jets drafted him. I really hope his role grows this year.

I completely agree with this sentiment, which is the main reason I want BOTH Holmes and Edwards back. As much of the credit as Holmes got, and a good bit of it deserved, I felt like Braylon also played some of his best ball in the clutch and that they are two receivers who complement each other very well in terms of their strengths and abilities. Both of those WRs, along with Sanchez and LT, were the central cogs to a lot of late scoring drives, and pretty much the only time I can think that they failed to do it was the Bears game, when the defense couldn't stop a nosebleed and they were asked to march down the field one more time than they were able to pull off.

The fact that they did as well as they did together with that being Holmes' first season here and Edwards having half a season here coming into last year gives you an idea of what some long term time together could do for all of these guys.

Holmes >>>>>>>>> Moore. I mean come on. The Saints have Drew Brees, one of the best QBs in the league throwing to him. Jets have Sanchez, 2 years deep, and Holmes has very close stats to Moore, who also played FOUR MORE GAMES than Holmes. Sure he had 2 TDs more and like 20 yards more on the season, but Holmes had a higher average, with 3 yards higher per catch. That shows Holmes is much more efficient with the football. Moore is getting carried.

As an unbias fan of the entire NFL, I have to add that I agree that Holmes is overrated. Also, a team shouldnt NEED someone to make a last second clutch catch. An all around good team wont be in that position that often for that stat to matter.

As an unbias fan of the entire NFL, I have to add that I agree that Holmes is overrated. Also, a team shouldnt NEED someone to make a last second clutch catch. An all around good team wont be in that position that often for that stat to matter.

This ^

i have been thinking about the holmes situation alot today.i think he will sign a reasonable contract with the jets.i beleive he loves the organization and doesnt want to go elsewhere.i know he has said he wanted to test the market,bla,bla,bla.but really,what is he suppossed to say?show all his cards? braylon chose the other route that posters seem to like more because he knew he was playing second fiddle to holmes.all players want to play for the jets.tanny and rex and woody for that matter have really turned this same ol jets thing upside down

i told you so

Archived