Forget the Jets front Office

TNJet

Problem: Holmes is not a #1, and is a whiff of weed away from a year long suspension.

Problem: Kerley will never match Jerricho. Never.

Aside from the factual weed issue, I don't agree with either of these statements. I think Holmes is a legit #1, and that Kerley is a promising prospect.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a jetfan since I was 6 and I'm 29 now...don't act like I just started loving them last year dude, you couldnt be farther from correct there. I witnessed 1-15 in 1996. I witnessed the midnight miracle in 2000 when everyone else went to bed yet I stayed up and saw the greatest comeback I've ever witnessed, by my favorite team.

For ChefJet E or whatever the fck his name is. Make sure he reads my previous post to him.

watched it all too. Whats ur point?Your talk of 9-7 8-8 seasons is bs. theres no more soj. whens the last time the nyj had 2 straight afc champ games? Somethings need to change because obviously the team we had couldnt make it to the level

Tell me how theyve upgraded this year you asswipe???????? huh!? TELL MEEEEEEEEE? they aint improved asside from the draft. the offense is in overhaul mode and someone 39 yrs of age should agree.

Aside from the factual weed issue, I don't agree with either of these statements. I think Holmes is a legit #1, and that Kerley is a promising prospect.

There was this kid from Mississippi Valley State a couple of years ago that was a promising prospect too ... what was his name? Played for the Niners I think?

10 per??????????

BE signed a 1 year for 3.5. Even if he did that only so that he could hit free agency again next year, no way we couldn't have match if not *exceeded* that #.

Would have been a much better move for this year at least.

They key there is ONE year. Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought you were talking about providing continuity/stability over a longer period of time. That would require a long-term deal. And one of those for a proven young WR would cost closer to the 10 per that Holmes is getting than the 3.5 per that Edwards is getting.

Hey I hope youre right and they bring in another great wr thats in his prime. That might add a lil sense to this nonsense on offense this offseason. But if Moss or TO end up here I dont know wtf i'm gonna do. Lets not get every diva and crackhead that ever scored a td please.

JUMP OFF THE GW UPPER

Forget Cotch - he wanted out. Forget Smith - he was gonna get overpaid by someone; good for him.

But the Jets should have signed Braylon - 1 year $3.5M. Period. It was simple, win - win. A 27 year old WR who has a rapport with Sanchez....on a 1 year deal; looking for bigger $$ next year.

Piss poor.

True.

Might want to consider that the front office, what ever their failings, has had some success since they dumped Mangini.

This is a sport with a hard slary cap. There are no old timers days and no one gets paid a dime unless they can contribute. That's harsh, but it's reailty. And the players know it as well as anyone, form the day they're drafted or signed until the day they hang'em up. Argualy the 2 worst cap decisions this franchise has made were extending Curtis Martin and Wayne Chrebet(possibly the 2 most popular players in that span) at the end of their careers. Neither move worked out.

This. +1. All that.

Tell me how theyve upgraded this year you asswipe???????? huh!? TELL MEEEEEEEEE? they aint improved asside from the draft. the offense is in overhaul mode and someone 39 yrs of age should agree.

Bro - Deep breaths. It's really not that bad. The Jets are not in sell mode. It's gonna work. Don't think we fans are smarter than the FO - we're not. There's more to the story.

There was this kid from Mississippi Valley State a couple of years ago that was a promising prospect too ... what was his name? Played for the Niners I think?

Good god, yeah bring up Jerry Rice. Thats valid in a jet forum when we dont have any of our core wrs left for a young QB.

Guest Jpf4671

As a 40 yr old lifetime jets-mets fan I'll use this as an opportunity to blame the Yankees for this mindset,.they have created an army of under 30 "fans" who think baseball was invented in 1996. Unfortunatly alot of these guys are now following the jets, so get used to this win every game,have an all star at every position mentality. To seriously say F the front office at this point in the game is absurd, and very Yankee esque. Let this play out a bit.

As a 40 yr old lifetime jets-mets fan I'll use this as an opportunity to blame the Yankees for this mindset,.they have created an army of under 30 "fans" who think baseball was invented in 1996. Unfortunatly alot of these guys are now following the jets, so get used to this win every game,have an all star at every position mentality. To seriously say F the front office at this point in the game is absurd, and very Yankee esque. Let this play out a bit.

GTF out.

You're pretty smart for a 217 post count guy! You even might get recognized by Visa one day!!!!

10 per??????????

BE signed a 1 year for 3.5. Even if he did that only so that he could hit free agency again next year, no way we couldn't have match if not *exceeded* that #.

Would have been a much better move for this year at least.

It boggles my mind that your reaction to Braylon singing a 1 year 3.5 million dollar flier, is to complain that we didn't keep him. Instead of coming to the rational realization, that 30 teams, besides the Jets, passed on him for anything greater. Why is it that Plax received a lot of buzz and multiple offers, yet Braylon, coming off a solid year and much year, couldn't garner more than a 1 year flier?? Little hint, the answer isn't because Rex and Tanny are trying to ruin the team.

Fortunately, we have the stats to help us decide. Seems like Cotchery has just as many 1,000+ yard seasons (1) as Holmes. Is Cotchery a #1? HELL NO.

Bottom line, it is production rather than the appearance of potential production that makes a #1 WR.

It boggles my mind that your reaction to Braylon singing a 1 year 3.5 million dollar flier, is to complain that we didn't keep him. Instead of coming to the rational realization, that 30 teams, besides the Jets, passed on him for anything greater. Why is it that Plax received a lot of buzz and multiple offers, yet Braylon, coming off a solid year and much year, couldn't garner more than a 1 year flier?? Little hint, the answer isn't because Rex and Tanny are trying to ruin the team.

True ... True ....

I'll say this one last time. I just dont think we've gotten better on offense thru the offseason, if anything we've added more inconsistency, and question marks. Then add in the fact that all I get is an explanation from you guys of well, sometimes you gotta make changes to get to the next level...true, but you dont go backwards in talent to get ahead in wins, or super bowls. If they Bring in Desean I'll stand corrected...Until then we've gotten worse on offense pure and fcking simple. Mark it down.

Bro - Deep breaths. It's really not that bad. The Jets are not in sell mode. It's gonna work. Don't think we fans are smarter than the FO - we're not. There's more to the story.

asswipe? clever.. is that not a personal attack? mods ban?

They key there is ONE year. Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought you were talking about providing continuity/stability over a longer period of time. That would require a long-term deal. And one of those for a proven young WR would cost closer to the 10 per that Holmes is getting than the 3.5 per that Edwards is getting.

Yes, but something like the 3.5 mil could have been done (or 4.5 mil if it was necessary) to get Braylon back for 1 year while you develop other guys = continuity maintained.

Problem: Holmes is not a #1, and is a whiff of weed away from a year long suspension.

Problem: Kerley will never match Jerricho. Never.

• Rookie WR Jeremy Kerley, a fifth-round pick, was the player of the day. He made catch after catch, displaying acceleration and exceptional cutting ability. He had a couple of nice hook-ups with QB Mark Sanchez, who raved about him afterward: "He's a baller. There's always one big surprise at camp. For a guy who didn't know much of the playbook, he's picked it up really fast."

• Rookie WR Jeremy Kerley, a fifth-round pick, was the player of the day. He made catch after catch, displaying acceleration and exceptional cutting ability. He had a couple of nice hook-ups with QB Mark Sanchez, who raved about him afterward: "He's a baller. There's always one big surprise at camp. For a guy who didn't know much of the playbook, he's picked it up really fast."

Yeah? Then why did he fall to the 5th round?

Good god, yeah bring up Jerry Rice. Thats valid in a jet forum when we dont have any of our core wrs left for a young QB.

They have Holmes locked up. Brad Smith wasn't a WR. Cotch asked to leave. All signs point to Braylon Edwards being an alcoholic.

Plaxico is a competent stop gap.

They have some faith in Kerley, and the early camp reports on him are very positive.

Sanchez can also throw to Keller, LT, Greene, Powell, Conner, two guys named McKnight, maybe one or two of these other young WR's they have in camp, too.

Guest Jpf4671

You're pretty smart for a 217 post count guy! You even might get recognized by Visa one day!!!!

Hmmmmmmm..right so the more you post the smarter you are..ok I'll keep that in mind....maybe one day if I shoot for the stars I can have over 2000 posts and say our front office sucks. By the way visa likes me already too late.

They have Holmes locked up. Brad Smith wasn't a WR. Cotch asked to leave. All signs point to Braylon Edwards being an alcoholic.

Plaxico is a competent stop gap.

They have some faith in Kerley, and the early camp reports on him are very positive.

Sanchez can also throw to Keller, LT, Greene, Powell, Conner, two guys named McKnight, maybe one or two of these other young WR's they have in camp, too.

Keller? I feel better now, knowing that the Kerry Rhodes of tight ends is a major part of Mark's development. This ought to pay dividends... for the Pats secondary.

I've been telling you, this kids going to be a steal. He's a versatile slot WR who can be your return man too.

Where you find this?

Archived