OK with Ellis Gone...

TNJet

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about of the best run stopping 3-4 dl in the league... Devito.

Don't get me wrong I like Devito but lets not assume the best run stuffing dl in the league is a product from Maine and went undrafted. Thats a tad of a stretch. Devito should backup, thats just how sh*tty our dline depth has been the past 2 years. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt start.

Don't get me wrong I like Devito but lets not assume the best run stuffing dl in the league is a product from Maine and went undrafted. Thats a tad of a stretch. Devito should backup, thats just how sh*tty our dline depth has been the past 2 years. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt start.

Advanced statistics say differently... Where he was drafted and where he went to school has zero effect on his production.

Wilkerson/Pouha/Devito are probably going to be the starters, but Rex will move them around and rotate through the depth chart. We use pretty much all of our defensive roster save one or two players we try to keep off the practice squad.

^This is the answer, the thread should've ended.

Pito and KEllis will have ample opportunities to crack the rotation frequently. Whoever they decide to keep out of Dixon, Kroul, Gilbert, and Tevaseu will also be expected to contribute.

How about of the best run stopping 3-4 dl in the league... Devito.

And this is why Ellis is gone. Because he wasn't going to start.

Wilkerson - Pouha - DeVito is what they were going with regardless.

And this is why Ellis is gone. Because he wasn't going to start.

Wilkerson - Pouha - DeVito is what they were going with regardless.

I'm cool with that, Devito and Pouha were more than efficient and underrated. Its like they arent very flashy though lol, kinda like lunch pail guys. Also I keep thinking Jarron Gilbert should be a good player for us, he was a 2nd round pick in 2009 that was supposed to be starter material. Anyone else remember that about him? He's like 6-5 285, good size for a 3-4 end.

I'm cool with that, Devito and Pouha were more than efficient and underrated. Its like they arent very flashy though lol, kinda like lunch pail guys. Also I keep thinking Jarron Gilbert should be a good player for us, he was a 2nd round pick in 2009 that was supposed to be starter material. Anyone else remember that about him? He's like 6-5 285, good size for a 3-4 end.

Dixon is ahead of Gilbert on the depth chart. He was all of last season. From when the Jets picked up Gilbert and then withdrew the waiver claim as soon as Dixon became available. Gilbert was practice squad off and on and was never active for a game where Dixon was inactive. We all thought he'd be a good 3-4 DE coming out, but he wasn't a 2nd round pick. He was a 3rd or 4th for the Bears. They tried him at DE and DT, but he never amounted to much. Bears fans think he's lazy and dumb. He's still got potential, but he's got a way to go to climb up the depth chart and more people have seen him jump out of that pool on youtube than a highlight of him on the field.

Dixon is ahead of Gilbert on the depth chart. He was all of last season. From when the Jets picked up Gilbert and then withdrew the waiver claim as soon as Dixon became available. Gilbert was practice squad off and on and was never active for a game where Dixon was inactive. We all thought he'd be a good 3-4 DE coming out, but he wasn't a 2nd round pick. He was a 3rd or 4th for the Bears. They tried him at DE and DT, but he never amounted to much. Bears fans think he's lazy and dumb. He's still got potential, but he's got a way to go to climb up the depth chart and more people have seen him jump out of that pool on youtube than a highlight of him on the field.

He's no Walter Thomas.

He played in the last game against bills last season, he was activated. Wore number 71 and had a solo tackle.

He played in the last game against bills last season, he was activated. Wore number 71 and had a solo tackle.

I didn't mean he was never active. I meant he was never active when Dixon was inactive. Dixon was active most of the season and many games when Gilbert wasn't. Not putting down Gilbert, but I'm saying I would expect more from Dixon because the coaches obviously liked Dixon better.

I didn't mean he was never active. I meant he was never active when Dixon was inactive. Dixon was active most of the season and many games when Gilbert wasn't. Not putting down Gilbert, but I'm saying I would expect more from Dixon because the coaches obviously liked Dixon better.

Oh, right I gotcha...yeah Dixon was pretty darn good in limited time I remember that. Good sack against Cutler in the Bears game :) Eh I just really liked Gilbert in the draft thought he'd be a beast....but maybe he's just a bust :lol:

Oh, right I gotcha...yeah Dixon was pretty darn good in limited time I remember that. Good sack against Cutler in the Bears game :) Eh I just really liked Gilbert in the draft thought he'd be a beast....but maybe he's just a bust :lol:

We all liked him in the draft. He's probably the 3-4 DE I remember the most chatter about since Carricker. He certainly was a bust in Chicago. The Bears and the Jets have different philosophies. They think they can get something out of Gholston.

We all liked him in the draft. He's probably the 3-4 DE I remember the most chatter about since Carricker. He certainly was a bust in Chicago. The Bears and the Jets have different philosophies. They think they can get something out of Gholston.

Hahaha I just realised that, its like we swapped turds to see which floats better...Oh man I loved Carriker, he is currently starting at DT for the Redskins in camp and it looks like he'll start along side rookie DE Ryan Kerrigan. B)

Jets D-line is looking weak. Banking on a couple of rookies who played against awful competition.

Right because losing a 38 year old Trevor Pryce and a 34 year old Shaun Ellis is completely insurmountable.

Man, I wonder how on earth Jason Taylor became a good Football player coming out of Akron?

Right because losing a 38 year old Trevor Pryce and a 34 year old Shaun Ellis is completely insurmountable.

Man, I wonder how on earth Jason Taylor became a good Football player coming out of Akron?

Pouha is your only decent D-lineman and he's Slightly above average. Outside LB's are trash. So basically got 2 good ILB's and a Shutdown Corner. You lucky Rex can scheme like a muh fucca.

Pouha is your only decent D-lineman and he's Slightly above average.

Yep, its amazing how the Jets were so good at the point of attack considering the lack of talent. I'm sure Rex Ryan is paying attention to what you are saying...he doesnt know anything about defense.

Pouha is your only decent D-lineman and he's Slightly above average. Outside LB's are trash. So basically got 2 good ILB's and a Shutdown Corner. You lucky Rex can scheme like a muh fucca.

Your assessment still makes us better than the Dolphins :D

Yep. So true...no wonder why the Jets give up some many rushing yards per game. Talentless defense...cant stop a nose bleed.

Who starts at end opposite Wilkerson? I personally like the thoughts of Wilkerson/Kenrick/Pouha or Wilk/Pouha/Pitoitua

DeVito.

DeVito was the DE starter opposite SEllis 15 1/2 games last year and in 3 playoff games.

The DLine is this:

Starters

Wilkerson

Pouha

DeVito

Rotation

KEllis

Pitoitua

Dixon

Bubble

Gilbert

Tevaseu