If Holmes or Plax Were to Go Down with an Injury

TNJet

You could say this about every single team in the NFL every single year. Oh noes what if our starting WRs get injured! Jesus can we think positively for even a day?

I don't know where this crap is coming from. TN and Stoic were always as hopeful Jets fans that there were on the boards. I've been online with a lot of these guys for years and have never seen such negativity coming from so many guys who went through the Herm/Chad/Mangini years together

I don't know where this crap is coming from. TN and Stoic were always as hopeful Jets fans that there were on the boards. I've been online with a lot of these guys for years and have never seen such negativity coming from so many guys who went through the Herm/Chad/Mangini years together

Might be the JiF negativity jinx reverse psychology.

If Plaxico were to go down... Player such as Holmes and Mason would have to step up on the outside, we'd need Tomlinson catching out of the backfield, We'd need Keller controling the middle of the field and hopefully Kerley could break out as our slot WR of the future. Plaxico isn't going to make or break our offense, he'll simply improve it (if healthy). Now, if we were to lose Holmes? We'd have to focus on running the football "that much more", but we'd still be in good hands for the simple fact we not only feature one of the best offensive lines around, but we can also fall back on a top 5 defense which can do wonders. All of this is a moot point. What if the Patriots lose Brady and Welker, Colts lose Manning and Wayne, Chargers lose Rivers and Gates or the Jets lose Sanchez and Revis etc, etc... It'll be ugly.

What if Plax develops explosive diarrhea during our games? He's been in prison so long, he might not be too used to normal food. Should we leave a crapper on the field to minimize missed plays, should we force him to go into the locker room to recover, or should we sit him altogether? A crapper on the field might lower team morale, but so might leaving him off the field. Where should we compromise?

(I mean, while we're discussing hypotheticals and all...)

Yeah, but I've bee super optimistic this offseason. I'm very excited about the WR situation. Think its a solid upgrade and one of the better ones in the league. I'm confident Plax is going to be just fine and all Mason does is produce. They'd both be a #1 on many teams in this league. I love the youth movement on the line and I love that we have the core locked up for the next 3-5 years.

I'm sure when the season starts, I'll find something and eat crow on something...we're not going to be perfect, but I think this team is going to be a game or 2 better. Hopefully thats enough to win the division.

Just thinking about real possibilities since Plax is in worse shape than I am...Mason I guess? Or Kerley? Ouch. Please god no injuries this year. :(

Good grief!! How do you freakin' sleep at night?!?! What if a tornado hits while I'm sleeping? What if silent burglars find my dirty magazines and shows them to my Mom?!?!? Have a drink bro!!!

Yeah, because Derrick Mason wasn't starting as a #2 WR just last year, and he certainly didn't put up 800 yards and 7 TDs. And that definitely didn't give him more yards than all but one Jets receiver last year, and as many TDs as any Jets receiver.

I know there's a lot of incessant whiners amongst some Jets fans normally, but this offseason has brought that to a whole new level.

Archived