Is Cotchery a household name yet?

Maxman

Anyone remember when we did this chat with Cimini? http://www.jetnation.com/2006/06/21/rich-cimini-chat-transcript-062106/

[smizzy] 8:40 pm: Is this the yr J.Cotchery becomes a household name? Or are my expectations to high?

[RichCimini] 8:41 pm: Household name? Maybe in the Cotchery household. I like JC, think he’s got some talent, but he doesn’t have the separation speed to be a No.1-type guy. The Jets would be very happy if he develops into a solid No. 3.

Looks like Rich nailed it. Cotchery became a # 3 like he said he would.

And lol...

[Fred Jetstone] 8:14 pm: Why doesn’t Bollinger get a legitimate shot? THe fans online, at the stadium, at the tailgates and on the streets have affectionately named him “Bollywood” and they all love him and believe in him and are behind him. Why doesn’t he get his chance? What do you think of the nickname Bollywood?

[RichCimini] 8:16 pm: Love the Bollywood name, but the bottom line is, Herm isn’t a believer in Bollywood. He simply has no confidence in the guy. What can I say?

[Fred Jetstone] 8:17 pm: Rich, can you refer to Bollinger as “Bollywood” from now on

[RichCimini] 8:17 pm: Not enough arm strength to get the ball to the perimeter. Not enough on-field command to direct the offense. Too short. Fumbles a lot (did in preseason anyway). Doesn’t have “it” factor.

[Fred Jetstone] 8:18 pm: Dude, is that your opinion or are you speculating for Herm?

[RichCimini] 8:19 pm: Just relaying what I believe Herm’s feelings to be. I agree with some of it, although I think they’re getting to the point where they should give Bollywood a chance.

Credit where it's due, I think Cotchery was a pretty damn solid #2 type talent for the Jets for a number of years. He certainly was never a household name and won't ever be, and he never had the ability to be a #1 type guy, but he did pretty well in the role he was given. That said, after the season he had last year and his injury, clearly he valued himself higher than any other teams did, as he clearly asked to leave the Jets in hope of getting himself a higher spot on another team, and that offer obviously never came.

I dunno, he also said this:

"Herm is in the top 10-12 coaches, with potential to go way higher. Yes, he’s involved in game planning, but he really lets his coordinators do the bulk of it. Herm is more of a big picture guy."

I saw Max telling Rich what a good job he did calling Catchery's career. It's only right that he bring up this quote on Twitter, too. :lol:

Archived