Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a somewhat related note, what is up with the Lakers?

Injuries at PG, Gasol being a horrible fit for that offense and screwing everything up, and the entire team sans Kobe has been playing soft, (shocking right?). They need to just get rid of Gasol. They robbed Memphis in that deal anyways, just take what you can get and go. Jamison's playing great ball and it's just not working out anymore with him there.

Injuries at PG, Gasol being a horrible fit for that offense and screwing everything up, and the entire team sans Kobe has been playing soft, (shocking right?). They need to just get rid of Gasol. They robbed Memphis in that deal anyways, just take what you can get and go. Jamison's playing great ball and it's just not working out anymore with him there.

I know we've joked about Gasol for STAT before, but would both the Knicks and Lakers benefit from such a trade?

Don't want to kill D'A because he helped the Knicks tremendously by quiting, but he's had a real bad stretch thus far. 18-24 for the Knicks last season and 2-4 for the Lakers this far.

Said it before and I'll say it again. The reason I respect Grunwald's effort is that he went all in on the next 3 years on experience and some size. Nobody is competing with Lebron in the East and this is as competitive a shot as you're gonna get.

Too bad we're not getting anything out of the frontcourt rotation. What happened to Birdman with that jailbait stuff? Sheed is a great mascot and everything but having him out there for major minutes is a joke.

Too bad we're not getting anything out of the frontcourt rotation. What happened to Birdman with that jailbait stuff? Sheed is a great mascot and everything but having him out there for major minutes is a joke.

I don't get Camby at all. Even at his age for a big, this heavy of a dropoff seems crazy.

I don't get Camby at all. Even at his age for a big, this heavy of a dropoff seems crazy.

Really? I would have thought that this would be the rule and a more gradual decline the exception. I guess there's a little bit of hope, but when we're letting Rasheed play his way back from retirement, it's tough to buy Camby's merely not being in game shape as a legitimate reason why he can't crack the rotation.

Really? I would have thought that this would be the rule and a more gradual decline the exception. I guess there's a little bit of hope, but when we're letting Rasheed play his way back from retirement, it's tough to buy Camby's merely not being in game shape as a legitimate reason why he can't crack the rotation.

Not to this degree. The guy's scoring out in the negative so far. Even the great dropoffs we've seen with primarily defensive bigs; Wallace, Zo, Mutumbo, none happened to this degree and certainly not in one offseason. It's gotta be the leg or maybe he just needs to play himself back into shape, because even if he lost half a step simply due to age, this large of a dropoff is unprecedented for a player like him.

The schedule will ease up in January, but the Knicks have had a tough one the first 2 months, not by merely opponents but with back-to-backs. Thus far, it is 5 back-to-backs in 18 games with the upcoming Heat game.

These are the 2nd opponents in back-to-backs in Nov & Dec:

@Philly

@Grizz

@Mavs

@Nets

@Heat

Nuggets

@Suns

Of those 7 opponents, only Mavs and Suns are under .500, Mavs by 1 game (8-9)

Very entertaining game. Bobcats are much improved. Smith couldnt buy a basket, then hits game winner at buzzer.

JR Smith is continually reminding me of Starks the more I see him play. That's exactly the type of game Starks would have had, including the game winning shot. Not sure if you were watching the game on MSG, but Breen and Frazier have been mentioning JR's lack of "spark and discipline" compared to his first couple weeks. Maybe you're right, maybe he has been hitting the clubs a bit.

Well we're almost 25% of the way through the season, I think it's fair to check out where we're at with Lin and Felton.

Lin:

TS - .462

WS/48 - .051

Points - 10.5

Assists - 6.4

MPG - 33.5

TO - 2.8

Felton:

TS - .498

WS/48 - .110

Points - 16.4

Assists - 7.4

MPG - 33.4

TO - 2.2

So we're getting the same amount of minutes. More points, more accuracy, more assists, more efficient, double the impact, and turning the ball over less; all at 1/3 less the cost. His offensive and defensive ratings are also higher, with Lin really only beating him out in steals and rebounds.

A donut away from diabetes indeed.

Hope your right man.

Enjoy the game, D4. I'm also pretty sure Melo plays, but it depends on how functional the finger is. It was numb after the stitches were put in, but should be functional enough for the game. Plus, he made the trip to Miami unlike the Spurs.

Well we're almost 25% of the way through the season, I think it's fair to check out where we're at with Lin and Felton.

Lin:

TS - .462

WS/48 - .051

Points - 10.5

Assists - 6.4

MPG - 33.5

TO - 2.8

Felton:

TS - .498

WS/48 - .110

Points - 16.4

Assists - 7.4

MPG - 33.4

TO - 2.2

So we're getting the same amount of minutes. More points, more accuracy, more assists, more efficient, double the impact, and turning the ball over less; all at 1/3 less the cost. His offensive and defensive ratings are also higher, with Lin really only beating him out in steals and rebounds.

A donut away from diabetes indeed.

Good stuff. Grunwald did the Michael move while fans wanted him to do the Sonny move. Worked out so far. Going into the season I thought the Knicks needed their starting PG to be 15/7 and they're getting just that from Felton, which isn't far from his high with the Knicks 2 years ago.

Enjoy the game, D4. I'm also pretty sure Melo plays, but it depends on how functional the finger is. It was numb after the stitches were put in, but should be functional enough for the game. Plus, he made the trip to Miami unlike the Spurs.

Thanks bro. It's going to be a great game. This knicks to is for real.

"They're a team that creates a lot of problems for your defense," Lebron James said, "and it starts with Tyson and Raymond Felton -- their pick-and-roll -- and also with one of the greatest scorers that we've all seen in Melo."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/30039/w2w4-knicks-vs-heat-7

The Knicks core according to LeBron: (1) a pumped up Drew Gooden, (2) a donut away from diabetes, and (3) a fat chucker.

Any of you brofarts going to the game tonight??? I splurged on some sick lower level's and now Melo is listed as questionable. FML.

Yeah like Thor said it's on his non shooting hand. No chance he misses a game against Lebron and Wade.

Saturday is another story. Was thinking about trying to swing some time to go, but Pac/Marquez 4 is also on and if Melo doesn't play it might not be worth the dough.

Good stuff. Grunwald did the Michael move while fans wanted him to do the Sonny move. Worked out so far. Going into the season I thought the Knicks needed their starting PG to be 15/7 and they're getting just that from Felton, which isn't far from his high with the Knicks 2 years ago.

I still think we'd have been better off with Lin in the long run, but that's only because I thought he'd be able to learn under Kidd for 3 years, so that's really based off completely hypothetical sh*t which is not even worth the time anymore. Felton's back to the Felton of old and that's really all that matters.

I still think we'd have been better off with Lin in the long run, but that's only because I thought he'd be able to learn under Kidd for 3 years, so that's really based off completely hypothetical sh*t which is not even worth the time anymore. Felton's back to the Felton of old and that's really all that matters.

Yeah, don't get me wrong--I wanted Lin back and was upset he was leaving. But I wanted him back at the right price. Since that wasn't happening I was happy with Felton because it was obvious he was disillusioned when he was traded and wanted to be a Knick again.

Disappointed but I get it. End of the day it's still just a regular season game. The Knicks have been so plagued with injuries over the past year and a half, when it comes to Melo I respect that they don't want to take any chances. I disagree with it, but respect where they're coming from. I think you put him out there to start the game and see how things go, but whatever. I wonder if they're just going to sit him until the Brooklyn game now.

Knicks playing hard first half.

Rutgers, I agree. Im dissapointed, but understand. Dont know how long they sit him, but think it woukd be no more than 1 more game.

I actually had the same injury and number of stitches a couple of years ago. Sliced right through my knuckle of my index finger, though. Had same big bandage. Took couple of days to take off bandage.

Archived