Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

Again, this was during the tale end of Marbury, when they actually weren't even able to sell out the Garden for a short period of time. Prices dropped way down, particularly when crap teams came to town.

Prices shouldn't drop on the face. If you are talking about what you pick them up for that's a different matter entirely. I'm fully familiar with the crap years. Remember, I lived in Italy for more than five years and I haven't missed a single Knicks home playoff game since 1996.

Actually found the game:

http://www.basketbal...0612200NYK.html

Look at that lineup, lol.

Ha. I (used to?) work the door at one of the "exclusive" clubs. One time near the end of a lost season I had a bunch of drunk dudes try to force their way in and start fighting with me that they deserved to get in. They said "We paid $1,000 for these tickets and Travis Knight is starting. Travis ****ing Knight! I deserve something!"

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prices shouldn't drop on the face. If you are talking about what you pick them up for that's a different matter entirely. I'm fully familiar with the crap years. Remember, I lived in Italy for more than five years and I haven't missed a single Knicks home playoff game since 1996.

Good god man, you're going to make me post The Inquisition song with this. Who gives a sh*t?

I was only asking cause I was curious of the face value. Not that it means anything.

Lol, I have no clue dude. It was 6 years ago, I think the only reason I even bothered committing it to memory is because it's the first and only time I've stood on the Garden floor, and also I actually wound up meeting Jamal Crawford later on that night in some Cuban joint. Ridiculously nice guy. My ex knew I was a huge fan of his game, (say what you want about that team, but Crawford had some awesome game winners when he was on the Knicks and he always came to play), and wound up going up to him and saying hi because I didn't want to bother him. I've met some cool athletes over the years but the reason this one has always stuck out to me is because we were actually waiting for a table at that moment, which Crawford asked about. After we chatted for a few, he walked up to the host stand, said something and pointed at me, and then we were immediately seated. Felt like such a pimp at the time. It's been downhill ever since.

Another home victory. Melo got back in the grove and hit big shots to close it out after Kidd and Novak brought the team back.

15-5, 8-0 at home.

And 19-1 since he took over; best stretch of any coach since 2005 George Karl I believe. And for everyone keeping track, that's why you trade for someone like Melo. When you don't have a superstar like that, the last few minutes of games can easily break you.

Lol, I have no clue dude. It was 6 years ago, I think the only reason I even bothered committing it to memory is because it's the first and only time I've stood on the Garden floor, and also I actually wound up meeting Jamal Crawford later on that night in some Cuban joint. Ridiculously nice guy. My ex knew I was a huge fan of his game, (say what you want about that team, but Crawford had some awesome game winners when he was on the Knicks and he always came to play), and wound up going up to him and saying hi because I didn't want to bother him. I've met some cool athletes over the years but the reason this one has always stuck out to me is because we were actually waiting for a table at that moment, which Crawford asked about. After we chatted for a few, he walked up to the host stand, said something and pointed at me, and then we were immediately seated. Felt like such a pimp at the time. It's been downhill ever since.

Yeah. Sorry about the inquisition, but it goes back to a longstanding discussion (fight?) I have with some friends who used to ask me to get tickets and then bitch about the price because I could only get face value and not usually for the bigger games like Jordan Bulls or Mourning Heat. I constantly was telling them to just buy them from somebody dumping seats, but they couldn't accept that. Nobody wanted to pay $1,500 a seat for those games. Crawford was a good guy. I never had to deal with him except when Foxxy Brown was pretending to be his fiance.

Would expect a blowout win in Brooklyn tomorrow. Lopez is likely out and Chandler will have a field day.

Joe Johnson has so far proven every bad word about him to be true. Doesn't seem to be a bad guy, but nothing special to justify his cap number. There are few NBA players who get paid so much and simply dissappear for whole games.

Would expect a blowout win in Brooklyn tomorrow. Lopez is likely out and Chandler will have a field day.

Joe Johnson has so far proven every bad word about him to be true. Doesn't seem to be a bad guy, but nothing special to justify his cap number. There are few NBA players who get paid so much and simply dissappear for whole games.

Strange time to pick on Joe Johnson. Didn't he just drop 30+ on the Warriors? His cap number is ridiculous, but he's a good player.

Strange time to pick on Joe Johnson. Didn't he just drop 30+ on the Warriors? His cap number is ridiculous, but he's a good player.

And followed that up by scoring 6 pts in 30 minutes against the Bucs, hence Buggs point. Net fans are picking on JJ now so I don't know if its a strange time to do the same.

Don't get the papers here the Warriors game was the last I'd seen. I fully expect everybody to pick on a guy making that much scratch.

The salary colors perception. JJ is a good player, but not a superstar and yet he is paid superstar max money. That's the problem.

It's the same thing that happened to Allan Houston (he had become my favorite Knick in late Ewing years). Once he got that $100 million contract in 2001 the perception of him completely changed. He went from big game player, having the game winner against the Heat in 1999 on a Finals run, to an overpaid bum.

We're about to find out a whooooooole lot about this team over the next nine days. Nets twice, Lin, D'Antoni. The good part about it is this entire stretch is national and I've been too poor this year to afford the package. Watching illegal feeds on the comp ****ing blows.

I'm gonna be honest, I want the Laker game more than anything else. Chandler has always played really, really well against Howard and smacked him around the court every game last year; but I'd really like to see a thorough defensive shutdown for that one. Just shove D's entire bullsh*t philosophy on the game right up his ass with our new D. Let Kobe know that the days of him coming into our house and hanging up a gazillion points per game are over. Knock Jordan Hill on his ass for being a collosal waste of a lottery pick. Really, **** em.

He's been playing pretty abysmally so far this year. I'm not sure how much of it can be attributed to him not having the ball in his hands as much, but there's no real excuse for how he's been playing, especially considering his contract. His PER is a 12.9 and WS/48 is a .07!! He's actually costing his team wins. I know there are flaws in some of these stats, but it's not like he's locking down players on the defensive end either. That whole Nets starting five has been playing extremely pedestrian this year, besides Lopez. If Lopez isn't active Tuesday, I expect a rout. Hopefully if he's active there will actually be a better pace and flow to this game than the previous one, that was not fun to watch.

He's been playing pretty abysmally so far this year. I'm not sure how much of it can be attributed to him not having the ball in his hands as much, but there's no real excuse for how he's been playing, especially considering his contract. His PER is a 12.9 and WS/48 is a .07!! He's actually costing his team wins. I know there are flaws in some of these stats, but it's not like he's locking down players on the defensive end either. That whole Nets starting five has been playing extremely pedestrian this year, besides Lopez. If Lopez isn't active Tuesday, I expect a rout. Hopefully if he's active there will actually be a better pace and flow to this game than the previous one, that was not fun to watch.

Exactly.

The average NBA starter has a 15 PER, so JJ's 12.9 PER is alarming. That's the worse in his career since the 2002-03 season.

This article pretty much sums up just how important the Kidd signing was and how important it can be for the future of the Knicks. Regarding the bolded statement, when did you think you'd ever hear Melo say this about someone else?

Originally published: December 10, 2012 7:14 PM

Updated: December 10, 2012 9:27 PM

By AL IANNAZZONE al.iannazzone@newsday.com

Photo credit: Joseph D. Sullivan | Jason Kidd dribbles in front of Denver's Ty Lawson. (Dec. 9, 2012)

Galleries

They played for both the Knicks and Nets Knicks jerseys through the years

Web links

Vote: Knickspectations for 2012-13 Knicks 418: Meet every player in team history Blog: Knicks 'Zzone

The Knicks originally signed Jason Kidd to be a mentor for Jeremy Lin. That never happened, but Kidd is teaching even his veteran teammates plenty about what it takes to win.

Kidd reprised his role of lead point guard in crunch time of Sunday's 112-106 victory over Denver at the Garden. He had six of his season-high seven assists in the fourth quarter, finished with 17 points and earned a hug from Carmelo Anthony.

"It's huge because I think he trusts me," Kidd said. "Coming down the stretch, he told me, let's play through you. Coach wanted to play through Melo and Melo's like, 'No, I want to play through Jason.' And I think that's just the greatest compliment a teammate can give."

The leadership and overall play of Kidd, 39, are big reasons the Knicks are an East-leading 15-5 heading into Tuesday night's game in Brooklyn against his former team.

Kidd had his best individual years when he led the Nets to the NBA Finals in 2002 and 2003. He's not nearly the same player. But as the off guard alongside Raymond Felton -- who calls Kidd a "mentor" -- he still gets to run the offense, still makes big steals and is penalizing teams for leaving him open.

Never known as a good shooter, Kidd is second in the NBA in three-point accuracy at 50.8 percent (32-for-63).

"He's the difference-maker for us," Steve Novak said. "Everyone plays with confidence when he is on the floor. You know the right thing is going to happen."

"He's going to make the right decisions down the stretch," said Tyson Chandler, Kidd's teammate on Dallas' 2011 championship team. "It seems like he's going to take the right shot or put the person who is going to take the shot in the right position."

Kidd, whose teams have reached the playoffs in 16 consecutive seasons, missed the first Knicks-Nets meeting in Brooklyn on Nov. 26 with lower-back spasms. The Knicks missed his calming influence and playmaking ability down the stretch and lost, 96-89, in overtime.

The hype around this game isn't as great because the two teams seem to be going in different directions. The Knicks have won six of seven since then; the Nets are 2-4 and have dropped four straight.

"They're looking to stop a streak and we're looking to get better," Kidd said. "There's no hype about this game. We're just looking at it for us to be a complete team. You got to find a way to win on the road. That's the only thing we're looking at."

It's still an important game to the Knicks, even if many of them won't admit it. Before last month's game at Barclays Center, everyone but the Brooklyn-born Anthony downplayed its significance.

But the Knicks really wanted the game and were extremely disappointed that they didn't outlast their cross-city rivals.

"We'll be ready," Anthony said. "I think that first game, I don't think they really did anything to beat us. We kind of beat ourselves, so we kind of have that in the back of our mind."

The Knicks also have Kidd back, and that could make the biggest difference this time.

Was thinking about something on the L today...

So let's just say that the Knicks actually pull a miracle off in the playoffs and go all the way, (which for the record, I don't think is happening, but let's entertain the idea for sh*ts and gigs), that would mean that Kidd and Chandler carried two future HoF'ers to titles. Kidd's already one in his own right, but that definitely puts Chandler in the HoF discussion right? He's obviously going to come up short in a few areas and AS appearances, but do the rings counter that? He's obviously not finishing with Olajuwon's numbers, but he's also not a Robert Horry where the only thing he'd have is the rings.

Was thinking about something on the L today...

So let's just say that the Knicks actually pull a miracle off in the playoffs and go all the way, (which for the record, I don't think is happening, but let's entertain the idea for sh*ts and gigs), that would mean that Kidd and Chandler carried two future HoF'ers to titles. Kidd's already one in his own right, but that definitely puts Chandler in the HoF discussion right? He's obviously going to come up short in a few areas and AS appearances, but do the rings counter that? He's obviously not finishing with Olajuwon's numbers, but he's also not a Robert Horry where the only thing he'd have is the rings.

I don't keep that much track of the BBHOF, but I'd say no. I'm not in favor of all this super team BS and I don't like today's philosophy of joining a team just to get a ring. Not that Chandler has done that, but it is something that goes on now - especially with a guy like Bosh. Obviously it would depend on what Chandler does to get that ring. Horry doesn't just have rings, he has some insanely clutch shooting to win them.

I don't keep that much track of the BBHOF, but I'd say no. I'm not in favor of all this super team BS and I don't like today's philosophy of joining a team just to get a ring. Not that Chandler has done that, but it is something that goes on now - especially with a guy like Bosh. Obviously it would depend on what Chandler does to get that ring. Horry doesn't just have rings, he has some insanely clutch shooting to win them.

Yeah but that's the thing, the individual accolades are going to be there. He's an AS lock for this year and well on his way to a second straight DPOY (knock on wood). He'll probably finish right up at the top in rebounds and is going to have a solid resume of All Defensive Team Selections. All I'm saying is that the opportunity to be in the discussion is on the table.

Yeah but that's the thing, the individual accolades are going to be there. He's an AS lock for this year and well on his way to a second straight DPOY (knock on wood). He'll probably finish right up at the top in rebounds and is going to have a solid resume of All Defensive Team Selections. All I'm saying is that the opportunity to be in the discussion is on the table.

Sure, but I don't think it comes from just "having rings." For the Knicks to win he's going to have to do some heavy lifting.

Brooks has Carl Pavano-esque healing abilities.

As to Tyson in the hypothetical, it's going to be close, IMO. Remember, the Basketball HOF is the easiest HOF to get into in the sense that they take into account what a player/coach/executive etc. does outside the pro league. So they include college, international play, etc. in getting in. So Tyson will have his Olympic gold medal and World Championship gold medal on his resume besides the NBA rings, DPOY awards, etc.

Tyson will need to play at a high level for a few more years to make it close. Rodman got in to the HOF strickly on defense & rebounding, so there is precedent.

Brooks has Carl Pavano-esque healing abilities.

As to Tyson in the hypothetical, it's going to be close, IMO. Remember, the Basketball HOF is the easiest HOF to get into in the sense that they take into account what a player/coach/executive etc. does outside the pro league. So they include college, international play, etc. in getting in. So Tyson will have his Olympic gold medal and World Championship gold medal on his resume besides the NBA rings, DPOY awards, etc.

Tyson will need to play at a high level for a few more years to make it close. Rodman got in to the HOF strickly on defense & rebounding, so there is precedent.

Yeah, that's my thoughts as well. 5 more years at this level, (which is totally possible, he doesn't have a ton of mileage on him), and that gives him a good 8 seasons as an elite center. If he gets another ring or two and a couple AS appearances, he's gotta be in the discussion.

Archived