SHOULD we be happy we won?

Jetsfan80

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This season, it doesn't matter if we don't suck enough to get a good draft pick. We'll never be worse than Jacksonville, and would the Jets even draft a QB, which we really need? We're (most likely) stuck with Sanchez through next season, and there aren't really any stud QBs coming up in the draft this year anyway. Matt Barkley is Sanchez 2.0. I'd rather suck endlessly next season and get our good QB than do the last four years all over again.

People seem to want to make this to be that "not losing the team" somehow means some great coaching feat.

If Rex HAD lost the team, he should be fired TODAY.

Just because this group cobbled together a win over a pathetic team, is not any tribute to a great coach. It more a denigration of what is a lousy Ram team that was emotionally spent after they poured their souls into an OT game.

Let me see Rex conjure up a win against a Pats team at home-At least that would give us some meat to chew on.

Wow....just WOW!

You sound like someone who is having a intense, close, share the bed, one body, one SOUL relationship with the RAMS team.

Before the game there were news stories about dysfunctional locker room it was.

Before the game it was the team that stretched 49ers to the limit so we are going to lose to them.

And yet the JETS went on the ROAD and handily won the game. How about taking the positives out of such a win.

Sunday's victory proved one thing about this Jets team. We're not one of the dregs of the league. We're still more than capable of manhandling the teams we're SUPPOSED to beat. The young teams that are still a year away (Rams & Colts), or the teams that are just plain bad (Bills). Rex Ryan has taken heat, and rightfully so, but his defense simply isn't weak enough to allow this team to tank.

So where does that leave us? Somewhere in the range of 6 to 8 wins when all is said and done. A middle-of-the-pack draft pick, and perhaps a season that leaves Woody little reason to make sweeping changes.

It's a precarious position. You just can't ROOT for losses as a fan, but when they happen in a season like this, you CAN see the silver lining that may come from them when it comes to the long-term future of the franchise.

To me, a win like the one on Sunday just povides a hollow feeling. A season with some promise dashed for a multitude of reasons (primarily the GM and the QB he handpicked) makes the victories we get going forward pretty much meaningless. We're not making the playoffs (barring a miracle), much less contending for a Super Bowl.

If Rex had a QB, he would have conjured up a road win vs. the Pats.

or a receiver that could catch the ball.

or a defense that could make a stop with the lead.

Just sayin

To be really honest I don't know how I feel. I'd love a high draft pick, the combo of Tanny, Sanchez, Sparano, and maybe even Rex gone. Then again there's that side of me that wants to win right now and get to the playoffs and all that jazz. I guess I wanted to lose that one to the Rams, beat the Pats on Thanksgiving, and finish 4-12 with a top 10 draft pick and a shot at Jarvis Jones. I guess it's just the draftnik in me.

Plus, as a bonus we get the whole clown persona. Wigs. Guarantees. Players going off on their own tangents. Disorganization of units. Horrible play calling.

Rex is just so darn lovable.

Agreed. 09 and 10 were awesome years. Colorful commentary, great Football, road playoff wins, changed the culture. And just think, 4 years in and his teams still battling to make sure he's never had a losing season which is quite an accomplishment considering his loyalty to the worst QB in the league. Its amazing they even win games with Mark Sanchez. Fortunately, the Jets have Rex Ryan.

Agreed. 09 and 10 were awesome years. Colorful commentary, great Football, road playoff wins, changed the culture. And just think, 4 years in and his teams still battling to make sure he's never had a losing season which is quite an accomplishment considering his loyalty to the worst QB in the league. Its amazing they even win games with Mark Sanchez. Fortunately, the Jets have Rex Ryan.

As usual, you are 6 months behind the truth.

It will come, just like it did with Sanchez, when you were all over his jock.

Plus, as a bonus we get the whole clown persona. Wigs. Guarantees. Players going off on their own tangents. Disorganization of units. Horrible play calling.

Rex is just so darn lovable.

I understand it now. You want a respectable guy. Like Paterno. Why should I care if he wears a wig and makes fun of his brother? I care about the losses. The rest of it means very little to me. This place is like church compared to the Billy Martin Yankees.

I understand it now. You want a respectable guy. Like Paterno. Why should I care if he wears a wig and makes fun of his brother? I care about the losses. The rest of it means very little to me. This place is like church compared to the Billy Martin Yankees.

You didnt hear? When he dressed up like that he showed how little leadership he had. Never mind they won, never mind the 11 games they won, never mind the 2 playoff wins. He dressed up like his brother which is worse than covering up for a child molester.

with a top 10 draft pick and a shot at Jarvis Jones. I guess it's just the draftnik in me.

Jarvis Jones reportedly runs a 4.74 if that's true he's not going top 5. People talk about Von Miller but don't forget Von ran a legit 4.4. Not to mention Jones has an injury history. Top 10 might be a stretch, like when Suggs went that high despite running a 4.8.

I want a guy who can LEAD.

How did they ever win with such a poor leader? You don't even want to give them a chance. After his first two seasons he looked like a monster. Last year they imploded down the stretch and this year they are struggling. You know what other good/great coaches went through this? All of them. You decided he can't lead because you don't like his attitude, but he was leading them pretty well in 2010. Let's see how they finish the season. The thing that I like is that they appear to learn from their mistakes, though I am NOT a fan of the Sparano hiring, up to the Dolphins game it was much better than I expected.

I want a guy that has football knowledge and knows how to build a team. I believe Rex has some football knowledge. Some of it is also outdated.

I wish he could lead a locker room of men, get them to passionately drive to one goal and act as a TEAM. He had the moment, against the Patriots in the playoffs. But, to his detriment, he let his team suffer a let-down the next week.

That separates the good coaches from the great ones. Good ones can occasionally will their team. Great ones know the moments and elevate them through will and passion.

Rex can't do it consistently. he wants to be one of the guys on the bus, not driving it.

Jarvis Jones reportedly runs a 4.74 if that's true he's not going top 5. People talk about Von Miller but don't forget Von ran a legit 4.4. Not to mention Jones has an injury history. Top 10 might be a stretch, like when Suggs went that high despite running a 4.8.

Wow really? I didn't know he ran a 4.74, we'll have to see come combine time... Can't Wait.

I want a guy that has football knowledge and knows how to build a team. I believe Rex has some football knowledge. Some of it is also outdated.

I wish he could lead a locker room of men, get them to passionately drive to one goal and act as a TEAM. He had the moment, against the Patriots in the playoffs. But, to his detriment, he let his team suffer a let-down the next week.

That separates the good coaches from the great ones. Good ones can occasionally will their team. Great ones know the moments and elevate them through will and passion.

Rex can't do it consistently. he wants to be one of the guys on the bus, not driving it.

This is a joke. Will and passion? Who does it ALL the time? Not Parcells. Not Belichick. Certainly not Shula. Even Bill Walsh didn't manage to win the super bowl every year. Sure he managed to elevate Joe Montana through will and passion, but he managed to get smacked in the playoffs by Wade ****ing Wilson. I guess Jerry Burns had more will and passion.

This is a joke. Will and passion? Who does it ALL the time? Not Parcells. Not Belichick. Certainly not Shula. Even Bill Walsh didn't manage to win the super bowl every year. Sure he managed to elevate Joe Montana through will and passion, but he managed to get smacked in the playoffs by Wade ****ing Wilson. I guess Jerry Burns had more will and passion.

Ok, can I have someone with managerial skills then? Someone who will hold people accountable? Someone who impose the "jet way".

That is all I ask

Ok, can I have someone with managerial skills then? Someone who will hold people accountable? Someone who impose the "jet way".

That is all I ask

None of us can get what we want, but we are listening to the press to determine if people are being held accountable and I don't think they are very reliable. In fact, I think we should have a mutiny!

None of us can get what we want, but we are listening to the press to determine if people are being held accountable and I don't think they are very reliable. In fact, I think we should have a mutiny!

When people go outside your organization, to voice frustrations over the abilities of others, that often points to leadership.

When people go outside your organization, to voice frustrations over the abilities of others, that often points to leadership.

these players are human beings not robots. a different head coach is not going to be able to better control miscreants like Antonio Cromartie and Bart Scott. Frankly I don't care what they say as long as they win.

There are a lot of ****ing people on that list to keep in line. Some guys are getting cut, some guys are getting pissy cause they are losing playing time. These guys are generally morons and they say stupid sh*t even when they are trying to help. We blow this sh*t out of proportion and so does the press - primarly because the fans eat it up and get so riled.

Coughlin went through this with Barber, Strahan and Shockey. They had to put a "Leadership Council" in place because they players were refusing to put up with his BS. Even after the super bowl wins he had to deal with his star player stuffing his first round pick in an ice bath and that pick whining like he was going to file an EEO complaint. He also called out the GM in public over the Ballard fiasco and had to backtrack. Yet the press acts like it's smooth sailing over there. Jets fans are like the kid that goes nuts when he gets picked on. He may not do anything worth getting picked on compared to other kids, but you are going to do your best to press his buttons.

Archived