•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

P.O.T.W. 11.21.2012

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The Gun Of Bavaria

The Gun Of Bavaria

Using Excessive Force

• Moderators
  • 17,377 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? In the case of the NY Jets one would modify that to read something along the lines of, "Which came first, the media-induced circus in the press or the player-induced circus in the clubhouse?"

In the case of the Jets, the media circus was a full-blown three ring operation the milisecond Tebow was brought on board and the Jets, with a season of lackluster play and clubhouse drama, have managed to help the press fill the circus tent to capacity.

From a performance point of view, Bart Scott has been a ghost this year, however I can't blame him or the others for being P.O'd at the press. The press has had an agenda for months and as dumb as the Jets are to have played into their hads, BroadwayJoe's post below has a good degree of truth to it.

The advent of Twitter, blogs, anonymous sources and everything else that is now considered "journalism" would make even the most-modest veteran journalist want to vomit.

Congrats BroadwayJoe12

http://forums.jetnat...s/#entry2166771

BroadwayJoe12 Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Whatever man, I'm with Bart on this. He's been saying it since preseason; why should he or the team make the reporter's jobs easier when their sole intention is to tear them down by either twisting their words or cherry-pick a line from an entire interview designed to elicit those very types of responses. These guys aren't genius personal relation marketing reps, they are 20 and 30 year old professional athletes who just finished playing a brutal game where their adrenaline is at an extremely high level, yet it's these players who are acting unprofessional instead of the supposedly, level-headed unbiased journalists. It's like interviewing a Axl Rose, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page etc. after a two hour rock show and not expecting to hear "I'm gonna get laid tonight." You can tell the reporters that despise/are jealous of athletes and those who take their job serious and love what they do. Pretty obvious.

637844091-amazing-pictures-pilot-s-jet-c

NY Jets Football: 45 Years of complete and utter incompetence.

#2 robertjessica

robertjessica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Congratulations BroadwayJoe

#3 tebowtime5502

tebowtime5502

Definite Banning Candidate

• Banned
  • 135 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

Simply a brilliant post by a brilliant man.

#4 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Good Job!

Posted Image

#5 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,345 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

That dude is an elite poster.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#6 Lizard King

Lizard King

Oh sh*t We Suck Again

• Members
  • 5,856 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Nice job Joe. I'm proud of you.
There will be in the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it.
Aldous Huxley

#7 Bob

Bob

Retired Short-season Single-A Baseball Player

• Members
  • 13,264 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

What a giant load of sh*t.
Bob the Jets Fan™ Posted Image
I want zombie Ronald Reagan to eat Donald Trump and sh*t out a bunch of little Palins.

#8 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,345 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

What a giant load of sh*t.

I like the poster. I think the premise of this particular post is bullsh*t, however.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#9 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,150 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Boo.
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users