•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mark Sanchez: The Final Countdown

ny jets podcast

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

#101 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

This week's podcast game: take a shot every time Courtney and/or Phil imply that McElroy's struggles validate Sanchez's career suckage.

I already have a drinking problem, I don't need to be thrown over the edge

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#102 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,727 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

I already have a drinking problem, I don't need to be thrown over the edge

Posted Image

JetNation.com

#103 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,599 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

I don't think the Jets could've done a worse job developing Sanchez if they tried, but at this point they need to stop trying. If they can't find a sucker trade partner willing to take on some of his irrationally guaranteed contract, they need to release him. Then have Tannenbaum calculate the total charge against the cap as his final act on the Jets' payroll.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#104 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,773 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Bad news for our loyal podcast fans...

Not sure there will be a new one this week. :-)

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#105 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,761 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Where is the postive blogger when you need him?
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#106 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,032 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Bad news for our loyal podcast fans...

Not sure there will be a new one this week. :-)

GATA and I will fill in this week. We'll call it ON THA REAL with T-Bone and Steph tha Shocka.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#107 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

GATA and I will fill in this week. We'll call it ON THA REAL with T-Bone and Steph tha Shocka.

with RAW DAWG Joey C on the wheels of steel.

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#108 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,032 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

with RAW DAWG Joey C on the wheels of steel.

Deal. Bring the ill trip-hop mix brah
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#109 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,292 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Guest appearance by EveryDayPhotoblogger? I'll bring the negativity and straight meme fire like no other. Philosoraptors and LOL Jesus all day.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#110 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,032 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Guest appearance by EveryDayPhotoblogger? I'll bring the negativity and straight meme fire like no other. Philosoraptors and LOL Jesus all day.

I'm smelling epic webcast.

#111 Vicious89x

Vicious89x

Master Banned

• Members
  • 16,906 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Courtney = OverlyAttachedGF

#112 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Courtney = OverlyAttachedGF

Stage 5 Clinger?

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#113 Vicious89x

Vicious89x

Master Banned

• Members
  • 16,906 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Stage 5 Clinger?

HE STILL CAN BE GOOD.

#114 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

HE STILL CAN BE GOOD.

SO. DREAMY.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#115 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

I feel like if Courtney ever landed Sanchez, it would end up like when Loraine kisses Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#116 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,032 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

I feel like if Courtney ever landed Sanchez, it would end up like when Loraine kisses Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future.

You stop.

#117 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

You stop.

"When I kiss you.....it's like.....I'm kissing a sh*tty quarterback......Gross."

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#118 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

"Or Pac."

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#119 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,773 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

I wish I had known you were interested. We already lined up a sock puppet to do the Podcast this week. Maybe next time, lol.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#120 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,292 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

Posted Image

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#121 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 & 2014-2015 JN Captain & VIP Member

• Members
  • 17,816 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Woody definitely had an eye on ticket\PSL sales when they drafted Woody. Right on the heels of Brett Favre....

As I look back I am still just shocked that Rex went for it. Why a head coach with a defensive mindset would want to hand the keys to a rookie is something I just don't get. It is frustrating, especially seeing how Sanchez has regressed.

Bringing Tebow in clearly didn't help. Having the receivers they do, doesn't help. But Sanchez needs to be gone for his turnovers if nothing else. He should be a game manager and just not turn the ball over. The fact that they couldn't impress this upon him means that others are going to lose their jobs as well.

I was hopeful that the kid could do it. But now I can't think of anything he does well. There is simply nothing to build on with him.

McElroy might not be the answer. They feel Tebow isn't the answer. So ride it out with Greg the last two weeks and see what he can do. I wish McElroy was given a longer shot here, i.e. after the Cardinals game. Then we would have a better feel for what he is all about going into next year.

Sanchez is never going to be a game manager. Game managers greatest skills are their football smarts, their accuracy, and their ability to protect the ball. These are probably Sanchez's 3 biggest weaknesses.

Sanchez's best bet to succeed would be to be more of a gunslinger type. He's athletic, but he's also a coward. And, poor accuracy hurts him here too.

He was never ruined. He was never cheated. He was over drafted and simply not good enough. He has regressed, but not as much as people say. He's simply not good enough to play QB in the NFL, like 99.99% of the population.

reset_buttonjpgscaled500_zps740f8923.jpg

#122 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,221 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Under Woody Johnson's 13 year reign, the Jets have had 3 GMs (Parcells, Bradway and Tannenbaum), 4 HCs (Grove, Herm, Mangini & Rex) and 7 starting QBs (Vinny, Chad, Bollinger, Clemens, Favre, Sanchez, and McElroy).

That's the 3 most important positions in a franchise, and of the 14 that have held those positions, arguably no more than 3 have been bona fides good at their jobs.
Posted Image

#123 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Under Woody Johnson's 13 year reign, the Jets have had 3 GMs (Parcells, Bradway and Tannenbaum), 4 HCs (Grove, Herm, Mangini & Rex) and 7 starting QBs (Vinny, Chad, Bollinger, Clemens, Favre, Sanchez, and McElroy).

That's the 3 most important positions in a franchise, and of the 14 that have held those positions, arguably no more than 3 have been bona fides good at their jobs.

FIRE WOODY

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#124 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,761 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

The one that is killing us is not able to find that franchise QB and having one in are own division to haunt us
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#125 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,309 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

The one that is killing us is not able to find that franchise QB and having one in are own division to haunt us

You're just now figuring this out 12 years into Brady's career?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users