SB Predictions: I think wind dictates winner

SouthernJet

I didn't say stop I said CONTAIN.  And the reason they'll be able to do it is the Broncos offense knows how to get a lead.  You don't have to worry about Lynch ripping big gains on a worn-down defense in the 4th quarter when your offense has staked you to a 10 point lead.

that's all very true but that's a big IF they get a ten point lead. Keep in mind Carroll wont fold and abandon the run if Denver takes a lead like some coaches. I also think Carroll is a much superior coach than Fox.  Wilson is much less apt to make a mistake under pressure than Manning as young as he is its amazing how cool he is . Keep in mind when things go bad for Manning they usually go very bad ,,,sure it does not happen often but it does happen at a good percentage going up against elite defenses in the playoffs. Manning better keep the ball in the middle of the field cause if he tries to go outside he's gonna get burned mark my words.

that's all very true but that's a big IF they get a ten point lead. Keep in mind Carroll wont fold and abandon the run if Denver takes a lead like some coaches. I also think Carroll is a much superior coach than Fox.  Wilson is much less apt to make a mistake under pressure than Manning as young as he is its amazing how cool he is . Keep in mind when things go bad for Manning they usually go very bad ,,,sure it does not happen often but it does happen at a good percentage going up against elite defenses in the playoffs. Manning better keep the ball in the middle of the field cause if he tries to go outside he's gonna get burned mark my words.

Carroll is not superior to Fox.  He's done very well with a loaded roster.  Fox comes from the successful Parcells tree, has won playoff games with Jake Delhomme and Tim Tebow, and strikes me as the guy who is "due" to win a ring.  They're about equal in my eyes.  This game won't be won or lost on x's and o's.  

It all comes down to Peyton and whether he can handle the best D in the game.  I think he'll do great.  Remember that Kaepernick was moving the ball very nicely against them and putting up points, but that first turnover rattled him and he committed another in quick succession.  Yet they still had a chance to win the game at the end, in Seattle's house.  

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere passer rating differential was the most reliable predictor

Denver passer rating offense = 114

Denver passer rating defense = 84

differential = +30

Seattle passer rating offense = 102

Seattle passer rating defense = 63

differential = +39

looks like the hawks

yup

Denver's running game is mostly Manning being so good. Seattle's dline can play both the run and pass- Peyton can make whatever audible he wants it won't matter.

Peytons going to have to makje throws down the field in order to win. Moreno's year was mostly Peyton imo. I do like Seattle to win.

Yep

Archived