•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SB Predictions: I think wind dictates winner

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 10,153 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Dude you're discounting a team that's home field is in the Rocky Mountains. Really?

It was 65 last Sunday with barely any wind.

Its very dry in Denver too because theyre over 5000 feet above sea level.

#27 Lizard King

Lizard King

Oh sh*t We Suck Again

• Members
  • 5,876 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

It was 65 last Sunday with barely any wind.

Its very dry in Denver too because theyre over 5000 feet above sea level.

Wow sounds like prime conditions. So what went so terribly wrong?

There will be in the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it.
Aldous Huxley

#28 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 10,153 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

Wow sounds like prime conditions. So what went so terribly wrong?

Somebody forgot the swagger back in Foxboro.

#29 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,507 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

26-17 Broncos

#30 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Their last home game it was 60 degrees. They havent faced a defense like this one all season- Seattle's got so many hybrid defensive linemen that should take away Peyton's presnap shenanigans. Their defense is built to beat teams like the Broncos.

I think it will be close with a Peyton interception costing the Broncos the game,

The only plays that can confuse Peyton are the one's he's never seen before. I'm sure Seattle will throw some stuff at him that he hasn't seen, but the only way you beat Peyton is by winning your one on one matchups at the line and forcing his throws. If Seattle, like New England, can't get to him, it's game over.  

#31 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,574 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

In all honesty I think this is a game that will be 100% determined by weather. If no wind/low wind day I go with Broncos. If it hits a typical Jan/Feb Meadowlands windy day withe gusts sustained in 20s MPH range I go with Seahawks. 

As of now, they are predicting sustained 19 MPH winds, with higher gusts of 26 MPH. Its early to predict, but thats close to altering Broncos passing game and favoring Seahawks running game..

yep its why you better be able to play D and run the football in January .... Im glad they finally decided on a cold weather venue to host the SB.

Not stupid at all I28 this league caters enough to the offensive side of the ball....Lets see Peyton deal with the elements just like our stellar QB's have throughout the years

GO HAWKS

Proud Member of the AVM

#32 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 23,055 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

The only plays that can confuse Peyton are the one's he's never seen before. I'm sure Seattle will throw some stuff at him that he hasn't seen, but the only way you beat Peyton is by winning your one on one matchups at the line and forcing his throws. If Seattle, like New England, can't get to him, it's game over.

Just saying Moreno's season was all off of him getting yards against dlinemen expecting to rush the passer. Seattle's guys do both well.

Edited by Matt39, 24 January 2014 - 05:17 PM.

#33 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 47,097 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Seattle can't cover ALL of Peyton's many, healthy weapons.  If Welker or Orange Julius were hurt I'd give the Seahawks a shot at winning.  But otherwise nope.  Denver has a top 10 run D to contain Lynch, and Seattle's passing game can't keep up with Denver if the Broncos score 24+ pts.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 24 January 2014 - 05:25 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#34 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,574 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

Seattle can't cover ALL of Peyton's many, healthy weapons.  If Welker or Orange Julius were hurt I'd give the Seahawks a shot at winning.  But otherwise nope.  Denver has a top 10 run D to contain Lynch, and Seattle's passing game can't keep up with Denver if the Broncos score 24+ pts.

First off no one stops Lynch in the playoffs just asl the 4th ranked Niner run defense. Second the Hawks have the top secondary in the NFL and Peytn wont have the time to go through all his progressions on every play so its going to be difficult since he can't scramble for sh*t. Sherman shuts down receivers and Chancellor and Thomas can handle TE's.

Personally the matchups are not good for the Broncos over all and I think Seattle handles them easily wind or no wind. Remember what our top ranked secondary did to Peyton in 2010 and we didn't even have the pass rushers Seattle has.

If Denver wants to win this game they had better be able to run the football with Moreno to give Peyton some play action

Edited by Smashmouth, 24 January 2014 - 08:06 PM.

Proud Member of the AVM

#35 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 47,097 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

First off no one stops Lynch in the playoffs just asl the 4th ranked Niner run defense. 

I didn't say stop I said CONTAIN.  And the reason they'll be able to do it is the Broncos offense knows how to get a lead.  You don't have to worry about Lynch ripping big gains on a worn-down defense in the 4th quarter when your offense has staked you to a 10 point lead.

Second the Hawks have the top secondary in the NFL and Peytn wont have the time to go through all his progressions on every play so its going to be difficult since he can't scramble for sh*t. Sherman shuts down receivers and Chancellor and Thomas can handle TE's.

Personally the matchups are not good for the Broncos over all and I think Seattle handles them easily wind or no wind. Remember what our top ranked secondary did to Peyton in 2010 and we didn't even have the pass rushers Seattle has.

If Denver wants to win this game they had better be able to run the football with Moreno to give Peyton some play action

They can't cover everyone, as I said.  Sherman will be on Demaryius.  Great.  Who's stopping Welker, Orange Julius, Decker, and Knowshon out of the backfield?  Peyton doesn't need to scramble because he makes presnap reads to protect himself.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 24 January 2014 - 08:09 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#36 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,574 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

I didn't say stop I said CONTAIN.  And the reason they'll be able to do it is the Broncos offense knows how to get a lead.  You don't have to worry about Lynch ripping big gains on a worn-down defense in the 4th quarter when your offense has staked you to a 10 point lead.

that's all very true but that's a big IF they get a ten point lead. Keep in mind Carroll wont fold and abandon the run if Denver takes a lead like some coaches. I also think Carroll is a much superior coach than Fox.  Wilson is much less apt to make a mistake under pressure than Manning as young as he is its amazing how cool he is . Keep in mind when things go bad for Manning they usually go very bad ,,,sure it does not happen often but it does happen at a good percentage going up against elite defenses in the playoffs. Manning better keep the ball in the middle of the field cause if he tries to go outside he's gonna get burned mark my words.

Proud Member of the AVM

#37 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 47,097 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

that's all very true but that's a big IF they get a ten point lead. Keep in mind Carroll wont fold and abandon the run if Denver takes a lead like some coaches. I also think Carroll is a much superior coach than Fox.  Wilson is much less apt to make a mistake under pressure than Manning as young as he is its amazing how cool he is . Keep in mind when things go bad for Manning they usually go very bad ,,,sure it does not happen often but it does happen at a good percentage going up against elite defenses in the playoffs. Manning better keep the ball in the middle of the field cause if he tries to go outside he's gonna get burned mark my words.

Carroll is not superior to Fox.  He's done very well with a loaded roster.  Fox comes from the successful Parcells tree, has won playoff games with Jake Delhomme and Tim Tebow, and strikes me as the guy who is "due" to win a ring.  They're about equal in my eyes.  This game won't be won or lost on x's and o's.  

It all comes down to Peyton and whether he can handle the best D in the game.  I think he'll do great.  Remember that Kaepernick was moving the ball very nicely against them and putting up points, but that first turnover rattled him and he committed another in quick succession.  Yet they still had a chance to win the game at the end, in Seattle's house.  

Edited by Jetsfan80, 24 January 2014 - 08:54 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#38 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 4,095 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

Does Seattle get the 12th man? Cause that's how they've won every game I've seen them play.

#39 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,816 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

I read somewhere passer rating differential was the most reliable predictor

Denver passer rating offense = 114

Denver passer rating defense = 84

differential = +30

Seattle passer rating offense = 102

Seattle passer rating defense = 63

differential = +39

looks like the hawks

yup

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#40 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,962 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

Total domination by Seattle in all respects- not too many would have seen  that coming

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#41 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,816 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

in case you were wondering

NY JETS

passer rating offense = 66.5

passer rating defense = 86.5

only need to flip it 59 pts to be a contendah

Edited by Larz, 02 February 2014 - 10:37 PM.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#42 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 23,055 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

Denver's running game is mostly Manning being so good. Seattle's dline can play both the run and pass- Peyton can make whatever audible he wants it won't matter.

Peytons going to have to makje throws down the field in order to win. Moreno's year was mostly Peyton imo. I do like Seattle to win.

Yep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users