Devin Smith: WR Ohio State

Villain The Foe

meh.  after QB, O-line and corner, outside pass rusher is a bigger need.  jets WR group isn't horrible

We dont need an outside pass rusher. All we need to do is change to a 4-3 defense and apologize to Coples for playing him out of position as a 3-4 OLB and there you go. 

Now you have a pass rushing athletic DE in Coples, a run stuffing DT in Harrison, a pocket collapser in Richardson and a guy you can trade in Wilkerson.  :winking0001:

• 3 months later...

Just a fantastic breakdown. I dont know if this kid is gettng past the Patriots at the end of the 1st round.

Something tells me that the Pats will go with a D lineman in round 1, I also think Dorsett is going to bump Devin Smith and probably also DGB out of round 1. Good chance he falls to us in round 2 but if Gurley is there I think we have to take him, if Gurley is not there which is pretty likely I wouldn't lose sleep over taking Devin Smith.

Something tells me that the Pats will go with a D lineman in round 1, I also think Dorsett is going to bump Devin Smith and probably also DGB out of round 1. Good chance he falls to us in round 2 but if Gurley is there I think we have to take him, if Gurley is not there which is pretty likely I wouldn't lose sleep over taking Devin Smith.

You're probably right, however, whoever drafts Dorsett in the first round would be a dumbass. Hopefully the Jets can trade down. I hope they do something special like trade down with Cleveland for their 12th and 19th spot and draft Erick Flowers and Andrus Peat. Lock down both tackle spots, having one of the two start this year. Then draft Smith in the 2nd round and picking up Jay Ajayi or Tevin Coleman in the 3rd or 4th round.

Speaking of Tevin Coleman, I heard a stat yesterday that blew me away. Of the 28 TD's Coleman has made in college 14 of those 28 TD's (50%) have been scores from 40 yards or longer. Talk about a homerun hitter. I've never hear a stat like that ever!

If there is a "gadget" guy in this draft, who would that be? I mean someone who thrives in a spread type environment, someone who geno/fitz can throw it to on a short route and has the quickness to pick up YAC? Not necessarily a very technically sound route runner, but good in space.

If there is a "gadget" guy in this draft, who would that be? I mean someone who thrives in a spread type environment, someone who geno/fitz can throw it to on a short route and has the quickness to pick up YAC? Not necessarily a very technically sound route runner, but good in space.

Ty Montgomery comes to mind.

If we can land Devin Smith in the 2nd and then Ty Montgomery in the 4th, I would sh*t my pants (figuratively speaking of course).   It has been discussed how Montgomery's best position in the pros could as a hybrid runningback/receiver.   

I don't see both of them getting bumped but if that were to happen and we had our choice of Smith or DGB at 37 I would be totally estatic.   No way I see DGB falling out of first; if anything I see the Pats taking him if he fell that far. 

Isn't that exactly what we need? I am down for a o-line and LB rejuvenation with Montgomery thrown in as a receiver out of backfield and slot.

How about:

1. Fowler/Beasley

2. Falling OT who can take over LT in 2016 (brick's wild contract)

3. Grayson/BPA

4. Ty Montgomery

• 2 weeks later...

Archived