Sheldon Richardson demands 100mill For Mo!

Jetsbb

Right so a player with a history of attitude/holdout problems, demanding a huge contract, coming off a major injury was traded for a first round pick. Tell me again why we need to dump Richardson now

because that doesn't mean it will turn out the same. Negotiations with Idzik was probably close to pulling teeth.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The real question is which one do they keep, Richardson or Wilkerson? Unless Williams falls on his ass, they're not keeping both. If you know you're losing one, do you move one?

You move wilkerson. Older, less time left on rookie contract, lower ceiling than Richardson. In Richardson's defense I can't hold it against him for sticking up for a teammate. We'll see how he acts when it's contract time.

You are so wrong on every point I can't deal with it. You're debating that Coples is either a 3-4 OLB or a 3-4 DT.

You're wrong, his speed size and strength makes him a text book pass rushing 3-4 DE. And he has had success there.

Thanks for playing the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coples is really best suited as an undersized but on the taller side 43 DT (3T).

after all is said and done you could be right. but at this point, imo, you are jumping the gun. by a large margin. yes he runs his mouth. a lot of players do. in my eyes, that doesn't make him a problem that the team needs to get rid of him asap. as far as I can see, he is not causing any problems within the organization.

coples plays olb for the past 2 years. he played the line his rookie year. you can tell coples is a mediocre line after his rookie season? and just so you know, coples is not best suited at defensive end. he is a defensive tackle. as are all of the jets lineman. everyone of them are best suited to play defensive tackle. Williams,coples, snacks, mo wilks, and Sheldon Richardson. the fact that most can play 3-4 end makes them special. none are pass rushers. all are pocket pushers that take on multiple lineman, while sealing the edge to stop the run. and if they get 6,7,8,10 sacks a year, that's gravy and should be considered a good year. especially after they completely shut down the run for the most part all year

Coples is better suited at D-end. He doesn't have the quicks to play LB. I think the Jets should run a lot more 4-3 fronts. They are loaded at DL and thin at LB which makes sense to play? If you play to your strengths you put more DL and less LBS out there.

You are so wrong on every point I can't deal with it. You're debating that Coples is either a 3-4 OLB or a 3-4 DT.

You're wrong, his speed size and strength makes him a text book pass rushing 3-4 DE. And he has had success there.

Thanks for playing the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

never did I call anyone a 3-4 tackle, otherwise known as the nose tackle. when I say defensive tackle, naturally I assumed you knew I was talking about a 4-3 defensive tackle. as far as me being wrong? far from it.all players spoken about played tackle thruout their college careers. they also played end. they all would get the better sack totals that a stat guy like yourself are looking for if they played tackle in a 4-3. whats the difference between your textbook size, speed, and strength for a 3-4 end than a 4-3 tackle? not much, is there?

Coples is better suited at D-end. He doesn't have the quicks to play LB. I think the Jets should run a lot more 4-3 fronts. They are loaded at DL and thin at LB which makes sense to play? If you play to your strengths you put more DL and less LBS out there.

in the jets base 3-4 defense, I agree. coples would be better suited at defensive end than olb. in a 4-3 front, they are all best suited in the middle. all of the jets lineman have a better talent of going thru lineman than around them was my point

The problem is you want your best players to also be team leaders, not "me" guys which, it feels like, hasn't happened with Jets.

Agreed, and while some people will mouth off regardless, I feel Rex is to blame for the culture which Mac and Bowles must now to break and rebuild in their image. The young guys came into the league and no one told them don't shoot off your mouth and to focus on what really matters. Twitter wars and egotistical BS hurt the team. It was almost as if Rex encouraged that sh*t through leading by example with his loud mouth tough guy BS that was constantly in the news. 

never did I call anyone a 3-4 tackle, otherwise known as the nose tackle. when I say defensive tackle, naturally I assumed you knew I was talking about a 4-3 defensive tackle. as far as me being wrong? far from it.all players spoken about played tackle thruout their college careers. they also played end. they all would get the better sack totals that a stat guy like yourself are looking for if they played tackle in a 4-3. whats the difference between your textbook size, speed, and strength for a 3-4 end than a 4-3 tackle? not much, is there?

if I remember correctly Coples had a big year as a Jr playing DT which was his position. He was asked to play DE as a Sr where he wasn't quite as productive...

WTching him w the Jets he always seems more comfortable and disruptive playing inside in Nickle type packages. He has really quick hands and slides well it always seems like the farther outside the slower to react, less productive.

in the jets base 3-4 defense, I agree. coples would be better suited at defensive end than olb. in a 4-3 front, they are all best suited in the middle. all of the jets lineman have a better talent of going thru lineman than around them was my point

Maybe, but I think that with exception of Snacks I think they could all play DT or DE in a 4-3 They aren't your typical smaller faster 4-3 DEs but they are much stronger, bigger, and nasty. They would dominate the run and consistently destroy the pocket with just 4 guys, which in my opinion is much more devastating than a pass rush that showcases one guy getting a sack a game(particularly since that one sack master usually ends up as a liability against the run). You wouldn't have to blitz so you could saturate the passing lanes with DBs and when you did blitz it would work because the OL would have enough trouble blocking the front 4 never mind blitzers.

if I remember correctly Coples had a big year as a Jr playing DT which was his position. He was asked to play DE as a Sr where he wasn't quite as productive...

correct.thats why he slipped to #16 that year for the jets

WTching him w the Jets he always seems more comfortable and disruptive playing inside in Nickle type packages. He has really quick hands and slides well it always seems like the farther outside the slower to react, less productive.

this is my thoughts as well. he can split a double team like its nobodies business and can easily over power a guard or center. he has great athleticism for a guy his size, just not athletic enough to get by left tackles all day long. you are right, the more space he plays in, the less affective he is. put him in tight space and he can cause damge

Most here weren't around when Namath made his Bowl prediction but that week he also said the AFL had 5 QB's better then Earl Morrall who was the NFL MVP in 1968.. I think Sheldon is a nice change of pace boring he is not.. :winking0001:

And that he begged Weeb to stop showing the team Colt film because the Jets were getting overconfident.

Later added that he thought there were 5 AFL teams that would have beaten the Colts too. :)

Archived