Sheldon Richardson demands 100mill For Mo!

Jetsbb

Its going to take almost an entire roster turnover to remove the stench of Rex. Bowles and likely Mac are screwed, no matter what they do there is such a horrible culture that is instilled in the players who have been with Rex, that it will be almost impossible to succeed here. You see signs of it all over the place, Sheldon, Colon, etc. Its a shame, because there is some talent here, and I like what I have seen from Mac and Bowles, but they will end up failing because of the culture Rex brought in.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dumbness is flowing through this thread!!! Let me contribute:

"We should cut all these talented DLinemen, we can't pay them all. We need to

bring back Gholston so we can keep our cap clean"

Some of you should have your "football card" revoked

Its called sarcasm, look it up...

If you get a great player for four years, trade him for a first round pick, then get another great player - you've done pretty well. The first round of the draft is all about BAP. You don't pass on a great prospect for a very good one to fill a need.

Nailed it.

The life of a Jet player:

We drafted player X, he's a steal!!!

Player X is great, why does the press not see it? Why are our stars ignored?

Player X was robbed, he belongs in e Pro Bowl

Player X is the best at his position.

Player X wants to be paid like the best at his position?

Player X is a greedy bastard and needs to be gotten rid of immediately.

I hate Player X

As much as I liked him I never understood why some thought Cotchery was a great player.. Good absolutely but fans attach the word great to any player they happen to like at the moment.. Mo is looking according to what I read 14-15 a year.. He's not worth that IMO maybe 11-12 and that's pushing it especially with getting LW in the draft..

As much as I liked him I never understood why some thought Cotchery was a great player.. Good absolutely but fans attach the word great to any player they happen to like at the moment.. Mo is looking according to what I read 14-15 a year.. He's not worth that IMO maybe 11-12 and that's pushing it especially with getting LW in the draft..

Agree on Cotchery, never got the love. Was good but not what he became in the hearts of fans when he left.

Problem with Mo is he gets accolades everywhere else as a top DL. His agent and others are sure going to believe he's worth that 14-15 mark. They were saying last night he has to get more than Revis, that he's a better player than Revis.

He still has two years (I beleive) under contract with the Jets, so I'm not worried about that just yet. I also wont by in to your delusional theory. He's feeling himself, let him. If he needs to do this to go out and produce on the field, I have no problem with it. If he does not produce on the field, then we will not require his services come time to discuss a new contract. I happen to believe he will produce. Besides, do we not hear things like this throughout the league on a daily basis?

I also don't understand why you have such an overwhelming hatred for Geno Smith, as per the bolded part of your quote. I respect the fac that you may not like him as a player, but this appears to be almost like a deep personal hatred. He isn't even in the topic being discussed and yet you feel the need to bring him up, why?

If we lock up Mo and Richardson gives us problems come his time for contract talks, I think Williams and Wilk are level enough to stay together as a line. Harrison already wants to play for a contract.

Agree on Cotchery, never got the love. Was good but not what he became in the hearts of fans when he left.

Problem with Mo is he gets accolades everywhere else as a top DL. His agent and others are sure going to believe he's worth that 14-15 mark. They were saying last night he has to get more than Revis, that he's a better player than Revis.

Who was saying that?? Mo's a very good player but when he was out with turf toe I saw no drop off with the D-line play..

Who was saying that?? Mo's a very good player but when he was out with turf toe I saw no drop off with the D-line play..

One of the nightly recap shows, ESPN or SNY.

I know AShein was saying on his show that Idzik screwed this up, he's got to get at least Revis money this year, could have gotten him for less a year ago.

Better than Revis? Right

If we lock up Mo and Richardson gives us problems come his time for contract talks, I think Williams and Wilk are level enough to stay together as a line. Harrison already wants to play for a contract.

I agree. Having "too many" good players at one position/area is a problem we want to have. I do think that we resign Harrison though. 

he's helping out his bud

no biggie

maccagnan in a big boy, he can handle it

I'm starting to get used to sheldon.  he's a wise ass.  says everything with a smirk

don't take it too seriously

Almost nobody wants to hear it but they should explore Sheldon's trade value.

I do. I'm a fan of the laundry. He's not Curtis or Wayne so if we can get 1% better over the next 3-4 year by trading him. I'm down. 

once he gets the point that he has become a problem and his reputation gets even worse he has zero trade value. now is the time to off him.

and Coples is a DE. I don't care where they tried to line him up. he's a DE. period

You mean like revis was?

I've been saying this guy was a loud mouth loser since the last month of 2014. And every time I say anything I get attacked.

Well, has the past 2 weeks opened a few eyes?

He's a COMPLETE Rex Ryan guy. And elite talker, and a mediocre performer. 11.5 sacks in your first 32 games. That's doesn't even make him a top 10 DE in this league, not to mention the best overall player.

I'd seriously trade him tomorrow. I'd also jettison Mr Coples. Mo, Snacks and Williams is an elite front 3. Those other 2 'average' linemen can land us some nice picks.

I think New Orleans and Rex's brother would do anything to land this loud mouth fool. And the saints will be a complete train wreck this year. So I'd take a their 2nd round pick in 2016 (which will be top 10) and a conditional 2017.

Send a message to this team that the Rex era has ended. Shut your mouth and let your play do the talking. You want 100 million, put up two JJ Watt type season and in 2017 you'll get it. Wilkerson had his chance. He didn't earn it. He earned 65-70 million with 40-45 guaranteed.

Give Bowles and Macc time. They will repair the damage that has been done by Tanny, Rex and Idzik. I assure you of one thing. If we go 8-8 there won't be any Gatorade baths on the sideline with our new HC in charge.

What an idiotic post. I stopped when you said that he's a mediocre performer based on lack of sacks. I can always recognize a moron when they cite sacks at the only necessary conditions for being a good defensive lineman.

If you can't realize that Sheldon is an elite player at his position, you simply don't understand the game of football. Go back and watch more games before posting about him again.

he's helping out his bud

no biggie

maccagnan in a big boy, he can handle it

I'm starting to get used to sheldon.  he's a wise ass.  says everything with a smirk

don't take it too seriously

Exactly, whole lot of whining about nothing. Even if Sheldon was serious, who cares? Mac is running the team, not Sheldon. He and Mo will get paid what our front office feels they are worth, and there's nothing us fans or the media can do about it.

Its going to take almost an entire roster turnover to remove the stench of Rex. Bowles and likely Mac are screwed, no matter what they do there is such a horrible culture that is instilled in the players who have been with Rex, that it will be almost impossible to succeed here. You see signs of it all over the place, Sheldon, Colon, etc. Its a shame, because there is some talent here, and I like what I have seen from Mac and Bowles, but they will end up failing because of the culture Rex brought in.

OMG what an overreaction.

I don't get what you mean? Revis never had any attitude problems. Rep was impeccable. I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic, but Revis and Sheldon are two completely different situations. Revis was coming off a major injury and our GM had no interest in paying him.

Revis didn't claim to be the best corner in the NFL? He didn't hold out twice while on his rookie deal and demand to be the highest paid at his position?

Lets not lose fact that the NFL treats these guys like rented mules.  the commish makes $40 mil a year, hundreds of millions come in from licensing , advertising etc..  THEN each club makes money.

Knowing that in ONE play you could be done can make these guys the way they are.

I dont like it... I understand it.

Unlike Revis, Richardson has never dogged it on purpose or faked an injury.

I'll say this, when the team was going nowhere and doing nothing, he was still playing every snap like it was the last, game-deciding play of the superbowl. Few players go all-out like that all the time the way he does. When a team's eliminated, far too many starters play like their #1 concern is not getting hurt. I like that Richardson isn't one of them.

A guy who does that should get a good amount more leeway with his mouth. As much as everyone seems to prefer he be quiet, it's probably that very attitude that keeps him going 100mph when everyone else is just going through the motions.

Unlike Revis, Richardson has never dogged it on purpose or faked an injury.

I'll say this, when the team was going nowhere and doing nothing, he was still playing every snap like it was the last, game-deciding play of the superbowl. Few players go all-out like that all the time the way he does. When a team's eliminated, far too many starters play like their #1 concern is not getting hurt. I like that Richardson isn't one of them.

A guy who does that should get a good amount more leeway with his mouth. As much as everyone seems to prefer he be quiet, it's probably that very attitude that keeps him going 100mph when everyone else is just going through the motions.

This.

Plus, he's not really saying anything bad. Our fans are over-reacting. It's the residual effect of Rex ON THE FANS. They grew so weary of associating his boasts with failure, that they are extra sensitive to any further boasts. Sheldon backs it up, unlike Rex. You also want and expect that sort of panache from a young DL, not from a middle-aged coach who has bigger fish to fry than coming up with the next empty zinger.

he said until the point he "has no trade value".... Revis was traded for a 1st rounder. Invalid example.

Right so a player with a history of attitude/holdout problems, demanding a huge contract, coming off a major injury was traded for a first round pick. Tell me again why we need to dump Richardson now

All along, I've been thinking that the Jets would explore trading Mo, seeing Sheldon as the better player. Thinking about it, though, if they see Leonard Williams as the real deal, it might be better salary cap-wise if they sign Mo at current rates, move Richardson, and then resign Williams four or five years down the road. Spacing out the big money DL deals a little more.

Richardson can keep talking, IMO. His play has been stellar, and I see no reason why he wont back up his big mouth with big effort and big plays. I'm tolerating his mouth right now, because I've seen nothing other than a high motor, high effort, and above avg production from him.

Keep the following in mind Sheldon when you are running your mouth....

New Yorkers do not tolerate loud mouths that cant back it up on Sundays.

..and as far as picking which one we should trade, I think that's crazy talk. We need to sign all these guys and keep this DL intact.

Screw the cap ramifications, I want to see this DL become the best there ever was. KEEP THEM TOGETHER!!

once he gets the point that he has become a problem and his reputation gets even worse he has zero trade value. now is the time to off him.

after all is said and done you could be right. but at this point, imo, you are jumping the gun. by a large margin. yes he runs his mouth. a lot of players do. in my eyes, that doesn't make him a problem that the team needs to get rid of him asap. as far as I can see, he is not causing any problems within the organization.

and Coples is a DE. I don't care where they tried to line him up. he's a DE. period

coples plays olb for the past 2 years. he played the line his rookie year. you can tell coples is a mediocre line after his rookie season? and just so you know, coples is not best suited at defensive end. he is a defensive tackle. as are all of the jets lineman. everyone of them are best suited to play defensive tackle. Williams,coples, snacks, mo wilks, and Sheldon Richardson. the fact that most can play 3-4 end makes them special. none are pass rushers. all are pocket pushers that take on multiple lineman, while sealing the edge to stop the run. and if they get 6,7,8,10 sacks a year, that's gravy and should be considered a good year. especially after they completely shut down the run for the most part all year

This.

Plus, he's not really saying anything bad. Our fans are over-reacting. It's the residual effect of Rex ON THE FANS. They grew so weary of associating his boasts with failure, that they are extra sensitive to any further boasts. Sheldon backs it up, unlike Rex. You also want and expect that sort of panache from a young DL, not from a middle-aged coach who has bigger fish to fry than coming up with the next empty zinger.

Most here weren't around when Namath made his Bowl prediction but that week he also said the AFL had 5 QB's better then Earl Morrall who was the NFL MVP in 1968.. I think Sheldon is a nice change of pace boring he is not.. :winking0001:  

Archived