2 seconds too long?

ylekram

tom brady has been throwing the ball from snap to release in record times this season. giving tom brady 2 seconds to throw is too long.

if I am reading correctly, the patriots plan on sliding the rt to lt, practice squad player to start rt, 2 rookie guards, and a 2nd string rookie center

a lot of posters seem to think that the jets will play plenty of nickel/dime with a lot of defensive backs in coverage

me, I see a lot of heavy blitz packages, with the jets sending 5 or more on practically every pass play

david harris and/or demario davis should be a staple up the middle with arms in the air

the jets must limit tom brady to 1.75 seconds or less

the jets d-lineman are nasty, but there isn't a 2 second rusher amongst them

the jets secondary should hold the pats receivers for 2 seconds

Or, they need to force him to hold the ball longer by tying up all of his receivers for three or more seconds. That's the route I expect them to take. It's the strategy Rex used to have some success against them. With the Jets' secondary, you have to take advantage of that advantage. 

tom brady has been throwing the ball from snap to release in record times this season. giving tom brady 2 seconds to throw is too long.

if I am reading correctly, the patriots plan on sliding the rt to lt, practice squad player to start rt, 2 rookie guards, and a 2nd string rookie center

a lot of posters seem to think that the jets will play plenty of nickel/dime with a lot of defensive backs in coverage

me, I see a lot of heavy blitz packages, with the jets sending 5 or more on practically every pass play

david harris and/or demario davis should be a staple up the middle with arms in the air

the jets d-lineman are nasty, but there isn't a 2 second rusher amongst them

the jets secondary should hold the pats receivers for 2 seconds

We lose big with that strategy. I doubt we blitz much with 5, but expect a lot of creative ways of rushing with just 4.

Or, they need to force him to hold the ball longer by tying up all of his receivers for three or more seconds. That's the route I expect them to take. It's the strategy Rex used to have some success against them. With the Jets' secondary, you have to take advantage of that advantage. 

yes, rex used that strategy when the pats oline was impenetrable. this oline is mishmash, hence, the 2 second release. the jets still hold the secondary advantage. what advantage is having harris/davis/pryor in coverage? there isn't much. they should be attacking the middle of the pats oline. I am not saying blitz 6-7-8 guys a down, but blitzing 1 or 2 guys up the middle is imperative.

We lose big with that strategy. I doubt we blitz much with 5, but expect a lot of creative ways of rushing with just 4.

the jets dlineman are 3-4.5 second sack guys. too much time for brady. the pats oline is not built to stop 5 or 6 rushers, mostly up the middle. they are very inexperienced. the pats will be forced to keep extra blockers in to protect, benefitting the jets secondary

blitzing won't work with a 2 second release.  they need pressure up the middle and more than 1 guy on gronk.  this is a huge game for sheldumb

I would have coples and cromartie follow gronk around all day. have coples grab hold of gronk at the line, passing him off to cromartie. with plenty of blitzing up the middle, I think that takes gronk out of the game.

I would have coples and cromartie follow gronk around all day. have coples grab hold of gronk at the line, passing him off to cromartie. with plenty of blitzing up the middle, I think that takes gronk out of the game.

That might be the strategy but I think Gilchrist is going to get a shot here as well.

whatever dallas and the colts did seemed to limit gronk's contributions to the game the most so far this season.

Both teams were fairly effective against Gronk. He's going to break a couple, to be sure, I just hope they go for big yards. Dion Lewis may be the key tomorrow. Hopefully his health isn't a major issue.

Both teams were fairly effective against Gronk. He's going to break a couple, to be sure, I just hope they go for big yards. Dion Lewis may be the key tomorrow. Hopefully his health isn't a major issue.

Lewis definitely scares me if he gets on a LB. I think the Jets will try to play a lot of dime tomorrow when he is in the game and depend on the four down lineman and Harris to stop the run in that situation. Maybe even a dime with 3 safeties, and 3 CB's. I think that might me their best strategy when Lewis is in the game.

I don't see Cromartie having a lot of success tackling Gronk if he catches the ball.

Archived