This team is very mediocre

jetscrazey

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Please tell me you ENJOYED watching the Jets on Sunday. Seriously dude? It was the laughing stock game of the day. Mocked by every sports show following. Fans can take a loss, like Cincy, it sucked but there were positives. There was only 1 positive on Sunday & that was our 1st round pick Darron Lee. Yea he's small, but that little shrimp can play. Might be one of the fastest LBs I've ever seen.

The game totally sucked. It was a complete and utter disgrace. How about letting this season play out a bit before making a determination on what this team is ?

This fanbase has become totally bi-polar. When they win they are great and when they lose its "Everyone Sucks, this team blows, this team is mediocre, blah blah blah blah blah.

See where they are at after 6 weeks and then come back and talk to me.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

The game totally sucked. It was a complete and utter disgrace. How about letting this season play out a bit before making a determination on what this team is ?

This fanbase has become totally bi-polar. When they win they are great and when they lose its "Everyone Sucks, this team blows, this team is mediocre, blah blah blah blah blah.

See where they are at after 6 weeks and then come back and talk to me.

So true.  I said to someone last week, after reading how great we were that people will be jumping off the ledge if we lose.  Easy to predict

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So true.  I said to someone last week, after reading how great we were that people will be jumping off the ledge if we lose.  Easy to predict

I wonder how many Steeler fans have jumped off since losing 34-3 to a rookie QB playing in his 3rd NFL game??

On 9/26/2016 at 0:31 AM, Obrien2Toon said:

Well when we try to rebuild the right way our idiotic fan base goes nuts and flies banners all over.

So we go out and spend like crazy to win now with a team that is nowhere ready to compete for a title and you stay in the 7-10 win rut.

And that's why we'll never win a SB

Jets fan have never seen a rebuild the "right way".  That's the rub.  Finding 1 player with 18 picks is not rebuilding the right way.  That's why Idzick was fired.  The fanbase was fine with a rebuild.  I think everyone of us would sign up for 1 or 2 bad years (I've witnessed 37 bad years, what's a few more) to build to the future and that's what was happening with Idzick.  The problem is, you cant blow drafts when you're rebuilding.  Those banners, werent in response to the team losing, it was because there was no talent on the field and the idiot made moronic moves like trading for Percy Harvin to help his old team out as opposed to doing what's best for the Jets.

The only time we've come close to seeing a proper rebuild was with Mangini and Tanny.  And unfortunately, Mangini was just a terrible Football coach and Tanny was a terrible GM.

This team isn't mediocre but it's not so elite that they can't get dismantled by another team. The Jets weren't the only team to get throttled this season by an opponent. People thought the Steelers were a SB bound team maybe and they got killed on Sunday. We actually played ok in some areas vs the Chiefs, a team not easy to beat at their stadium. When you have 8 turnovers you aren't going to beat anyone. Actually the Jets were in the game most of the way despite a pick 6 and that Jalin Marshall turnover.  We lost 24-3. 

On 9/25/2016 at 6:33 PM, jetscrazey said:

Bowles is also one of the worst coaches in the NFL when it comes to making in-game adjustments.  The whole world knew KC was going to look to Kelce in big situations, except Bowles and Rodgers apparently.  They got killed in 3rd down and left the offense with poor field position most of the time.

This team is going nowhere this season.  I just hope we get a chance to see Bryce Petty at some point because that's the only thing I have to look forward to with this team.

I agree that Bowles needs a lot of work on his in game management. He should have told his OC to chill with the downfield passes because they clearly weren't able to hit them with Fitzy being scatterarmed. Not running the ball inside the six yard line is inexcuseable and Bowles needs to recognize when things have gone off the rails and fix it.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 1:46 AM, Jet Nut said:

What are you talking about?  What did they give up, 10 points on a short field?  You think anyone wouldn't sign up for that every week? 

I watched the game and the D was gifted KC's turnover on the one foot line when a bobbled ball the runner should have held on to led to no score and the Jets getting the ball on the 20.  There was also a long pass that M Williams sucked defending, out of position, that was caught but called back for a bs penalty off the ball.  The main point is that KC was never ahead by less than 14 the whole second half against a Jet team that only scored a FG.  How much was KC supposed to do on O?  It was obviously their game plan to win TOP, which they did.  Smith was 25 of 33.  If posters here do not understand that the pass D was a problem, they do not understand the game or have some other agenda.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

I agree that Bowles needs a lot of work on his in game management. He should have told his OC to chill with the downfield passes because they clearly weren't able to hit them with Fitzy being scatterarmed. Not running the ball inside the six yard line is inexcuseable and Bowles needs to recognize when things have gone off the rails and fix it.

Yeah, if your Qb is off target you tell them to not make those throws. As easy as that. First the vet Qb should know better. And then the OC calling the plays. But the guy who can overrule all of them is Bowles. If he's mad like he said he was take charge then. If they don't like it too bad. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

The only time we've come close to seeing a proper rebuild was with Mangini and Tanny.  And unfortunately, Mangini was just a terrible Football coach and Tanny was a terrible GM.

Proper rebuild? They missed on more players than ANYONE in Jets history. Tanny had a chance to take not one but TWO franchise QB's (Flacco and Russell Wilson) and never made a move on either one. The Jets are doing it the right way now as far as I can tell and its about time.

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

This team isn't mediocre but it's not so elite that they can't get dismantled by another team. The Jets weren't the other team to get throttled this season by an opponent. People thought the Steelers were a SB bound team maybe and they got killed on Sunday. We actually played ok in some areas vs the Chiefs, a team not easy to beat at their stadium. When you have 8 turnovers you aren't going to beat anyone. Actually the Jets were in the game most of the way despite a pick 6 and that Jalin Marshall turnover.  We lost 24-3. 

Whether the Jets are overall mediocre or not is not something you can tell from one game.  It's the NFL and certain teams present matchup problems.  KC's was the pass over the middle to Kelce, and Smith's quick release.  The Jets "responded" by staying too much in their base D, with no press coverage, so we end up watching Kelce have a great game with the likes of (the overpaid) Harris chasing after him.

I am guessing the Jets did not use press coverage because they were afraid to get beat deep again.  I guess this means until proven otherwise we can't expect the pass D to walk and chew gum at the same time.

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

Proper rebuild? They missed on more players than ANYONE in Jets history. Tanny had a chance to take not one but TWO franchise QB's (Flacco and Russell Wilson) and never made a move on either one. The Jets are doing it the right way now as far as I can tell and its about time.

Even the Tuna missed on a bunch and I lived all through Jet History and the Penguin and Tanny were far from the worst..;)

12 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I said the only time we've come "close".  I didnt say they were successful.  And Mangini was gone with Wilson was drafted.

And I disagree they missed more than anyone.  Tanny for as much sh*t as he gets added talent as terrible as he was.   Mangold, Brick, Revis, Harris, Wilkerson, Powell, Kerley, Slauson, Lowery...all still in the league except Brick. 

2 HOF players in back to back drafts.

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jets fan have never seen a rebuild the "right way".  That's the rub.  Finding 1 player with 18 picks is not rebuilding the right way.  That's why Idzick was fired.  The fanbase was fine with a rebuild.  I think everyone of us would sign up for 1 or 2 bad years (I've witnessed 37 bad years, what's a few more) to build to the future and that's what was happening with Idzick.  The problem is, you cant blow drafts when you're rebuilding.  Those banners, werent in response to the team losing, it was because there was no talent on the field and the idiot made moronic moves like trading for Percy Harvin to help his old team out as opposed to doing what's best for the Jets.

We had this discussion the other day and the only time a rebuild has been done right (At least in my eyes) was the late 70's when the Jets drafted guys like Klecko, Marvin Powell, Wesley Walker, Lyons, Buttle and that bunch that got to the AFC Title game in 82.

Idzik had the right idea in rebuilding but he was awful with the drafting those guys.

This is a QB driven league and we are, in effect, playing without a QB.  Winning under those circumstances is an exception to the rule.  Now that Sh*tz has reverted to his career norm, we are pretty much SOL.  They will do some things right.  Win some games, but lose more.  Until the QB issue is resolved, no amount of coaching and scheming to hide weaknesses is getting them over the top. That is not the only wart, but it is the biggest, most critical one.

10 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

We had this discussion the other day and the only time a rebuild has been done right (At least in my eyes) was the late 70's when the Jets drafted guys like Klecko, Marvin Powell, Wesley Walker, Lyons, Buttle and that bunch that got to the AFC Title game in 82.

Idzik had the right idea in rebuilding but he was awful with the drafting those guys.

Before my time...haha

Yes, Idzick did have the right idea.  He was just the worst talent evaluator possibly in the history of GM's. 

Archived