I bought a nice used bmw and....

HighPitch

2009 328i 1 owner low miles.  Decided to "treat myself"  and go out of my safe zone where i usually would have bought a new honda fit or versa or whatever entry level car.  I dont care about cars that much... 

Anyway i pull off the dealerships lot and 20 minutes later at a red light i hear bang and screatching and bang i get hit quarter panel squashed wft?  20 mi utes? 

Got my used 740IL for $300 from my lawyer. It's got some miles and years, but damn, it still runs strong. I've always been an American car/truck guy, but for the price I couldn't turn down the offer. I will concede parts are expensive, but I haven't needed many.

It won't out run my Mustang, or haul anything close to to what my GMC truck does, but it does what I ask it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2016 at 3:33 PM, HighPitch said:

2009 328i 1 owner low miles.  Decided to "treat myself"  and go out of my safe zone where i usually would have bought a new honda fit or versa or whatever entry level car.  I dont care about cars that much... 

Anyway i pull off the dealerships lot and 20 minutes later at a red light i hear bang and screatching and bang i get hit quarter panel squashed wft?  20 mi utes? 

Damn that stinks. You okay? Did you get the car fixed?

On 11/13/2016 at 3:33 PM, HighPitch said:

On 11/13/2016 at 6:36 PM, joewilly12 said:

BMW = Bust out My Wallet 

That sucks...    but on the Beemer, I leased an X5. Not a BMW guy but thought id try a 3 year lease.  Its OK , not great.  

The one thing I like is no repair costs. For entire lease, no ongoing costs except tires.  I bring it in every 10,000 miles and wait abut 1 -1.5 hours in a nice room, TV, food etc. BUT the car is somewhat under whelming.   It offers nothing that a highend Infiniti or Acura doesn't.

Archived