Maxman

### Jets \ Titans -- Preseason Is Here, Game Thread ###

Ken Shroy    957
1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Hack was 18/25. You know who else was 18/25 this weekend.  Trubisky.  And he was practically fellated by people on this board.  Watson was 15/25.  Kizer 11/18.  Just to put some perspective on things.

True but this is Hacks 2nd year. He should be 22/25 by now. lol

• Haha 1

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Spoot-Face    3,654
1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

He's definitely got some nice shiftiness and elusivity about him. 

Plus, I haven't seen Lucky contribute at all on offense. Frankie has.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Brown    3,540
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Including Rangers9.  One of Fitzs biggest supporters

Yes my post was a gentle reminder for him!! :) 

Fitz was throwing INTs like they were X-Mass candy and we are blaming Hack for playing a solid essentially mistake free game!!  

We are nuts... 

I really love my fellow Jets fans but we are a little crazy!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Spoot-Face    3,654
1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

True but this is Hacks 2nd year. He should be 22/25 by now. lol

Yep. And by year 4, if he's not completing 100% of his passes, than he's garbage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

JETSfaninNE    1,673
1 minute ago, Larz said:

Drops and the 2 minute drill for me

I was gonna put the drops but honestly outside of Marshalls one drop I'm not too concerned yet.  The 2 min drill i'm chalking up to coaches decision not to push it.  Definitely agree though if we see these same issues next week.

Spoot-Face    3,654
1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Fitz was throwing INTs like they were X-Mass candy and we are blaming Hack for playing a solid essentially mistake free game!!  

We are nuts... 

Honest question: When was the last time that we didn't have a single INT by any of our QBs in the 1st pre-season game?

• Upvote 1

nycdan    7,622
Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Yep. And by year 4, if he's not completing 100% of his passes, than he's garbage.

Not good enough.  Pennington completed passes like mad.  They need to be long, beautiful, arcing rainbows with unicorns running alongside farting clouds of golden mist.

C Mart    1,980

I know it's week 1 of PS but damn Jets have some players on the DL. Pelon has played well. Faulk looks like a load up the middle. 

bostonmajet    949
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Todd Bowles acts like he won the Super Bowl. 

Or, maybe he is happy his team looked enthusiastic, prepared, and well coached....

• Upvote 2

nycdan    7,622
2 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Man I know its scrubs at this point but we are absolutely destroying this Tanney fellow.  Kinda feel bad for him lmao

wwe-2k16-buzzsaw-kick.gif

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Jet Nut    4,560
5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

We are nuts... 

He also carried on how Maccs 8 mil offer was offensive to Fitz and he might just get pissed and leave, lol

• Upvote 1

nycdan    7,622
1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Just like Rex winning the Snoopy bowl 

"Yeah, unfortunate about that Sanchez kid, but I am so psyched we beat the Giants in preseason!  I'm gonna go have a goddamned snack to celebrate!"

Jet Nut    4,560
11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Hack was 18/25. You know who else was 18/25 this weekend.  Trubisky.  And he was practically fellated by people on this board.  Watson was 15/25.  Kizer 11/18.  Just to put some perspective on things.

Well we did have a thread saying Hack had to be as good as those QBs otherwise, who knows what.

Hack also did a lot of his work against 1s and 2s without a run game

• Upvote 1

Rangers9    888

Hack has 3 weeks to learn how to successfully run an offense. I hope he accomplishes it but it doesn't look like he's ready. Putting zero points on the board isn't a good performance. Just because a Qb has a big arm doesn't mean he's going to be a big player. As a Jets fan I hope he makes it. 

• Downvote 2

T0mShane    90,835

got home from the wedding and turned on Sharknado 5. I legit feel like I learned more about shark biology from five minutes of this film than I learned about 2017 Jets football by reading this homer-infested circle jerk thread.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

DMan77    333

We talk a lot about "how guys look" in terms of the sort of vibe they put off when they're on the field... I'm pretty confident the majority of us aren't body language experts, nor do we have any idea what it's like to stand on a football field like that...

But, I do think we all know when someone looks comfortable and when someone looks uncomfortable in life in general. If you're at a bar or a restaurant or grocery store I think we all have at least the most basic radar to seeing who looks out of place and uncomfortable and who makes it look like they want to be there. We can see the people who's body language looks off and uncomfortable and like they want to be anywhere else but there. We can see the people that are itchy and tense and a little spastic with their movements... 

We can see the people who are on a mission and ready for what comes, and the ones who are all thrown off, insecure, and look like they don't belong. 

And from everything I'm reading as well as a few of the pictures I've seen - Hack and a lot of the Jets out there tonight, looked like they were not overwhelmed. They looked focused and ready for the most part. They did not look like deer in the headlights. They were not over-matched. They did not look like teenage boys showing up at the playboy mansion. 

Can you read into that at all? No, probably not. Does that translate to anything? No, probably not.

But I at least feel slightly better tonight seeing a lot of these guys just look like they were ready to play and look like guys who look confident and poised on the field. They looked hungry and unafraid and for the most part comfortable.

Again, I know being comfortable doesn't translate to wins and success... But it's a step in the right direction. It's a small thing and who knows if it's real or if it'll last, but it was just really nice to see some confidence back there tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

tfine    165
2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Hack has 3 weeks to learn how to successfully run an offense. I hope he accomplishes it but it doesn't look like he's ready. Putting zero points on the board isn't a good performance. Just because a Qb has a big arm doesn't mean he's going to be a big player. As a Jets fan I hope he makes it. 

Relax. He wasn't even playing with the 1's. Would like to see him with the full offense instead of scrubs

• Like 1

Charlie Brown    3,540
10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Todd Bowles acts like he won the Super Bowl. 

Come we have to be fair!

Bowles coached like crap last year, folks like you want him fired immediately and the team is predicted to be Kotitie level bad this year; and yet the team looked quite competent tonight.  

How would you expect him to act?

Think...

Bowles wasn't carried off the field or laughing and screaming after the game.  

All that happened was Bowles was given a five by one of his players and now during his post game he seems quite subdued to me and saying "we" have to build on the play of tonight and correct our mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1