After just watching that week 2 game vs the Pats

SoFlaJets

I realized how much of a better team we are now.The defense could not make a crucial 3rd down stop in that 4th quarter.Brady ate up 7 plus minutes.We CAN now make those stops.

Our running game had Blaylock-Mr.Tiptoe up to the line and say uh oh.

Leon Washington runs those plays so much better

Kendall was out that day too-Katnick started.

The Pats are now without Seau and Harrison.

Coles played like a madman if we can get another one of those efforts from him and Cotchery...

Brady wasn't touched except once on Rhodes' blitz

Guess what Jets fans we're gonna win Sunday-we ARE the better team...now

I realized how much of a better team we are now.The defense could not make a crucial 3rd down stop in that 4th quarter.Brady ate up 7 plus minutes.We CAN now make those stops.

Coles played like a madman if we can get another one of those efforts from him and Cotchery...

I was thinking the exact same thing watching that also..it's like night and day..but..I think you can probably say the same for the Patriots now too.

Since that day the Pats have gone 6-1 and the Jets 5-2.

Both teams had a crappy performance (Pats when they played at Miami and the Jets when they hosted the Bills) along the way, but to say the Jets are the better team right now is a stretch to say the least.

Since that day the Pats have gone 6-1 and the Jets 5-2.

Both teams had a crappy performance (Pats when they played at Miami and the Jets when they hosted the Bills) along the way, but to say the Jets are the better team right now is a stretch to say the least.

no G-man the game they just showed was the week 2 24-17 Pats win...The Jets are such a better team than they were that day

no G-man the game they just showed was the week 2 24-17 Pats win...The Jets are such a better team than they were that day

My bad. I was replying to your "we ARE the Better team now.." Did you mean to say that the Jets are a better team than they were back then? If so, I agree.

If you meant to say the Jets are better than the Pats now, then I disagree.

My bad. I was replying to your "we ARE the Better team now.." Did you mean to say that the Jets are a better team than they were back then? If so, I agree.

If you meant to say the Jets are better than the Pats now, then I disagree.

I think the Jets ARE the better team now I really do-and I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it. The Pats are missing some key components up the middle that they weren't back then Seau and Harrison-big losses

I think the Jets ARE the better team now I really do-and I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it. The Pats are missing some key components up the middle that they weren't back then Seau and Harrison-big losses

It would have been great if you could have made it up from Fla this weekend.

We will find out by 4:15 or so on Sunday who the better team team is.

I'm looking forward to Sunday. Foxboro is going to be rocking!

It would have been great if you could have made it up from Fla this weekend.

We will find out by 4:15 or so on Sunday who the better team team is.

I'm looking forward to Sunday. Foxboro is going to be rocking!

I am so enjoying the coverage on my Jets-instead of having to listen to the NFL announcers on NFLN and ESPN talking about Chad Johnson and Brett Farve every 5 minutes...T.O. is still there though-Parcells too-which was one of the reasons I was glad he "retired" from the Jets-at least the focus was gonna be on the PLAYERS...finally-oh yea that was until Herm started digging the spotlight a little too much

I'm not sure I agree 100% that the Jets are the better team now and I have TONS of faith in them.....I think it's a very even match-up, both teams have their strengths and weakness' and both teams have coaches smart enough to exploit the opponents and hide their own.

As far as players go I would say it's pretty even overall....they beat us in areas such as RB and D-line and we have them beat at WR and Secondary (at least safeties) It think it is pretty even other than that....Both teams have excellent special teams and like it or not Penny is just as capable of winning the game as Mr. Brady......I would also say our linebackers are pretty evenly matched.

This should be one hell of a game no matter who wins and I cannot wait until Sunday!!!!!!!!!

WE were starting Katnik in place of an injured Kendall

yeah I got that. Just a badly convoluted misfire at a joke. Plus, I love Norm Katnick. Nobody is hotter than Norm Katnick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

I was thinking the exact same thing watching that also..it's like night and day..but..I think you can probably say the same for the Patriots now too.

I am so enjoying the coverage on my Jets-instead of having to listen to the NFL announcers on NFLN and ESPN talking about Chad Johnson and Brett Farve every 5 minutes...T.O. is still there though-Parcells too-which was one of the reasons I was glad he "retired" from the Jets-at least the focus was gonna be on the PLAYERS...finally-oh yea that was until Herm started digging the spotlight a little too much

SoFlaJet you said a mouthful, living in Arizona I never see the Jets. And the NFL network is nothing but the "when will Brett retire" network. It sucks! But this week I'll have the phone of the hook and the cold beer and pasta ready to go. Enjoy the game.

SoFlaJet you said a mouthful, living in Arizona I never see the Jets. And the NFL network is nothing but the "when will Brett retire" network. It sucks! But this week I'll have the phone of the hook and the cold beer and pasta ready to go. Enjoy the game.

it's the truth it's like a soap opera with some of these guys-Farve,Chad Johnson,Peyton Manning on every commercial,Tiki Barber,Carson Palmer rehab,Big Ben,all TO all the time-it just gets old man.

For the last month we had the Saban saga of I'm stayin I'm goin I'm stayin STFU I want to hear about teams in the hunt not Vince Young-sorry.Oh yea the WORST of it has to be the Giants commanding so much media attention-and I don't mean just in NYC

I love NFL replay. We aren't on it enough. Anyway, some thoughts.

- Our offensive line is already much better.

- Our run stopping is improved although it is certainly not all-world it is nothing like THAT all-NFL-toilet bowl performance.

- Coles and Cotchery had two plays which will both make it to our 2006 highlight film. The Coles one may well win best play of the year. It is probably unreasonable to expect another performance like that one.

- Blaylock was just appalling. Simply appalling. Egads I had forgotton what a complete waste of oxyghen that guy was. Line up a corpse in the backfield and we get more out of our running game than that.

- Thare was one 4th down where we went for it and missed in the first half. Big momentum changer. While I want to be agggressive I also could not help but think about the Bears onside kick. We need to pick our spots this weekend.

- Worst sequence of the game. Jets have the ball with two minutes to go in the half trailing by ten and in decent field position. OK, so we are looking at 10-7 or 10-3 at the half or, in the worst case just 10-0 which is still manageable. We go three and out, Chad goes out of bounds on the 3rd down play stopping the clock. Then Ben Graham shanks a punt out of bounds for a net of ten yards. End result is the Patriots get the ball back on the 50 yard line with a timeout and a little under a miniute on the clock. They mach straight down the field and halftime it is 17-0.

Overall we we not as bad in the first three quarters as I remember us being. The Pats played well and while we were shooting ourselves in the foot the Pats decided not to do anything to stop us from doing that. All things considered, it was not as much of a one-sided affair as I recall. I remember the second game as being pretty one-sided in our favor until we got ultra conservative late on and the Pats managed to make it close.

Archived