Demand a New York Stadium! Its not too late.

newyorkjest

This agreement on a stadium design is the first of many time-sensitive obstacles left for the teams to clear in order for this Jersey "agreement" to become a binding deal. Read the actual MOU at the link below. So for the 75% of Jets fans who want to see the team back in their own stadium in New York(http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96576), now is the time to get to work!

With Bloomberg's reelection in NYC these coming months will be the best chance and perhaps last chance to bring the Jets home to New York.

There is no contract in New Jersey, just an agreement to agree between two teams. Check out the actual agreement here. http://www.newyorkgames.org/news/archives/006008.html

If you are a fan who wants to see the Jets back accross the Hudson, now is your chance. Write Mike Bloomberg: http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/mayor.html

And visit newyorkjest: www.newyorkjest.com

This agreement on a stadium design is the first of many time-sensitive obstacles left for the teams to clear in order for this Jersey "agreement" to become a binding deal. Read the actual MOU at the link below. So for the 75% of Jets fans who want to see the team back in their own stadium in New York(http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96576), now is the time to get to work!

With Bloomberg's reelection in NYC these coming months will be the best chance and perhaps last chance to bring the Jets home to New York.

There is no contract in New Jersey, just an agreement to agree between two teams. Check out the actual agreement here. http://www.newyorkgames.org/news/archives/006008.html

If you are a fan who wants to see the Jets back accross the Hudson, now is your chance. Write Mike Bloomberg: http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/mayor.html

Is this a paid political announcement or is Limo posting under a different name?

Get the hell out of here.

Our 90,000 seat oval shaped stadium is gonna be one of the top joints in the league. Imagine how louddddd this thing's gonna be!

Right.

When the Jets take the next 5 years to rebuild, they'll have less fans in that stadium then a Dolphins home playoff game.

CAN YOU IMAGINE IF A SURGEON APPROACHED HIS JOB WITH THE ARROGANCE AND INCOMPETENCE OF HERM EDWARDS?

I like how the guy used the word "swindle" to describe what Woody is doing to Jets fans. Damn right.

In a franchise driven by moral victories its easy to laugh off a loss like the one the Jets suffered in Pittsburgh last January. Why? Because the moral victory speech is so much easier than the stress of preparing for another, even more difficult battle. Forget the Patriots. Assume they would of beat you anyway. Step up to the microphone and spin it. "We had a great season and we are getting there. One step closer this year. Next year hopefully we can lose in the AFC Championship game. That will put us on pace to lose the Super Bowl in two years and then we will really be right where we want to be. With any luck we can be like the great Buffalo Bills teams of the 90's."

:lol:

I'm rolling! This is better than Beningo's latest rant!

So sad but true. How pathetic that BOOTLICKERS at JI still fasten their lips to Herm's glut's.

Right.

When the Jets take the next 5 years to rebuild, they'll have less fans in that stadium then a Dolphins home playoff game.

Cmon man. Every game was sold out even during the Kotite years. Call the Jets whatever you want.

Their fans are loyal though. Even you can not deny that.

Cmon man. Every game was sold out even during the Kotite years. Call the Jets whatever you want.

Come on Max, I know the Jets sold out every game since man walked on the moon.

My point was, even with the tickets already sold, fans will not show up to watch a losing team.

BTW, how many actual fans (not sold tickets) were in "Giants Stadium" to begin the 4th quarter last December against the Pats?

See my point. :wink:

My point was, even with the tickets already sold, fans will not show up to watch a losing team.

BTW, how many actual fans (not sold tickets) were in "Giants Stadium" to begin the 4th quarter last December against the Pats?

Bro....this is where you were wrong. The Jets were 2 and 5. That stadium was LOUD in the 4th quarter. Real loud.

Certainly some people left. But I was SHOCKED at how many people stayed.

The amount of no-shows was pretty low considering how the season has gone.

i was there tough guy,(freezing my a$$ off... screaming for MY team) where were you?

CAN YOU IMAGINE IF A SURGEON APPROACHED HIS JOB WITH THE ARROGANCE AND INCOMPETENCE OF HERM EDWARDS?

"Play to win the game" is like the quote on the statue of Emil Faber in "Animal House"-"Knowledge is good". It sounds really profound, but it's just empty obvious crap. And the Master Motivator thinks it's so great that he makes it the title of his insipid book. Which only further goes to show what a tool Edwards is.

WHo would buy this book? How much Zig Ziegler and Anthony Robbins gibberish do you have to digest before you get so far down in this motivational gobbleygook that you pay actual money for Edwards' tome? I know people who've foolishly paid thousands of dollars for these tapes and books. Edwards' book is like spit out methadone for the self-help crowd.

"Play to win the game" is like the quote on the statue of Emil Faber in "Animal House"-"Knowledge is good". It sounds really profound, but it's just empty obvious crap. And the Master Motivator thinks it's so great that he makes it the title of his insipid book. Which only further goes to show what a tool Edwards is.

WHo would buy this book? How much Zig Ziegler and Anthony Robbins gibberish do you have to digest before you get so far down in this motivational gobbleygook that you pay actual money for Edwards' tome? I know people who've foolishly paid thousands of dollars for these tapes and books. Edwards' book is like spit out methadone for the self-help crowd.

I was listening to Mike and the Mad Dog yesterday and a caller called in and said that "Herm should be fired".

And they went on and on about how Herm "took the team to the playoffs 3 out of the past (soon to be 5) 4 seasons" in prototypical Hermaphrodite speak.

But here's where the fraud is revealed-

Why is it that "getting to the playoffs" wasn't enough to save Cottrell or Hackett? The answer is obvious, of course. They sucked, and no amount of "they got to the playoffs X amount of times" could distinguish them otherwise.

Yet, for Herm, it does. How is it that the "3 playoffs in 4 years" is all that is necassary to validate and solidify Herm's position, yet it wasn't enough for Cottrell and Hackett? The Hermaphrodite will then say "you don't think those guys should have been fired" and then run away NO, THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED BUT SO SHOULD HERM.

Hackett and Cottrell did what Herm asked them to do. And they got punished for it. Look at Bollinger and Quincy Carter, same thing. They did what Herm asked them to do, and when they "failed" Herm blamed them.

And you can see Herm's handprints all over the "new" offense and the "new" defense, too. Where did the defense go, from last year? Don't tell me about Ferguson. Losing him because you can't pay him, fine. But that doesn't excuse you from doing your job and replacing him, BRADWAY YOU DOUCHE BAG! How is it that Hackett is gone, but Curtis Martin- who's knee is shot- still gets all the carries? Why is the team still getting off to horrible starts? Why is the team always unprepared to start the season (with the exception of last year)? And before any Hermaphrodite says "injuries" this team was 1-2 with Pennington, Fiedler, Mawae, Barton and Baker in the starting line-up. So was Chrebet (which is perplexing in and of itself).

The worst defeat was on opening day.

That's the team jack*ss Herm fielded. That's the team jack*ss Herm "prepared" for 6 weeks. Thats the gameplan Herm designed. I'm fed up with people getting thrown under the bus, to save Herm's *ss. When Cottrell got fired, Herm and Hackett should have been, too. When Hackett got dumped, Herm should have been, too. And the only reason Cottrell and Hackett didn't get dumped at the same time because then it would have been so obvious what was going on and their would have been no way for the beat writers and bootlickers like Cannizzaro to keep rationalizing this charade.

We could be two years removed from this horror, but this team has been scuttled and deep sixed and it's going to take years to rebound from the damage that Herm and Bradway have caused.

And if that's not bad enough, the bonus is THEY AINT EVEN DONE.

That moron Woody Johnson isn't going to fire them any time soon.

Jets management will continue to move all other parts, players and assistant coaches, but won't remove the ONE GUY that needs to be removed.

Bring in another OC. Bring in another backup QB (or starter at this point who knows). But it's just going to be more of the same ol' same ol'.

I'm not even going to waste my time watching this garbage any more. Why bother? I already know what the results will be. I already know what the plays will look like. I already know what the cliches will sound like. It's just a broken record.

It makes me sick to think what this team could look like this season if the 3 stooges were fired two years ago and we were two years removed from it. This year- the year the Pats finally look vulnerable-and we got a jack*ss HC who starts a QB BY HIS OWN ADMISSION wasn't ready to start. Indeed, the entire team was unprepared and once again humiliated on opening day. We got this jack*ss GM who COMPLETELY DESTROYED ONE OF THE BEST 0-LINES IN FOOTBALL. We got an owner who takes it up the *ss.

I'm sick of watching the Bengals and Bears emerge as respectable and legitimate contenders, when 5 years ago they were laughingstocks, yet, Hermy takes over a legitimate and respectable team and turns it into a laughingstock in the same time period.

Pathetic. I'm sick of it. SICK OF IT!!!

The problem is what organization would actually care? Sell the tickets is all they care about. Sure, they want to get people there for the concessions and the parking, but the first goal is to sell the seats.

I was listening to Mike and the Mad Dog yesterday and a caller called in and said that "Herm should be fired".

And they went on and on about how Herm "took the team to the playoffs 3 out of the past (soon to be 5) 4 seasons" in prototypical Hermaphrodite speak.

Why is it that "getting to the playoffs" wasn't enough to save Cottrell or Hackett? The answer is obvious, of course. They sucked, and no amount of "they got to the playoffs X amount of times" could distinguish them otherwise.

Yet, for Herm, it does. How is it that the "3 playoffs in 4 years" is all that is necassary to validate and solidify Herm's position, yet it wasn't enough for Cottrell and Hackett? The Hermaphrodite will then say "you don't think those guys should have been fired" and then run away NO, THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED BUT SO SHOULD HERM.

Hackett and Cottrell did what Herm asked them to do. And they got punished for it. Look at Bollinger and Quincy Carter, same thing. They did what Herm asked them to do, and when they "failed" Herm blamed them.

And you can see Herm's handprints all over the "new" offense and the "new" defense, too. Where did the defense go, from last year? Don't tell me about Ferguson. Losing him because you can't pay him, fine. But that doesn't excuse you from doing your job and replacing him, BRADWAY YOU DOUCHE BAG! How is it that Hackett is gone, but Curtis Martin- who's knee is shot- still gets all the carries? Why is the team still getting off to horrible starts? Why is the team always unprepared to start the season (with the exception of last year)? And before any Hermaphrodite says "injuries" this team was 1-2 with Pennington, Fiedler, Mawae, Barton and Baker in the starting line-up. So was Chrebet (which is perplexing in and of itself).

That's the team jack*ss Herm fielded. That's the team jack*ss Herm "prepared" for 6 weeks. Thats the gameplan Herm designed. I'm fed up with people getting thrown under the bus, to save Herm's *ss. When Cottrell got fired, Herm and Hackett should have been, too. When Hackett got dumped, Herm should have been, too. And the only reason Cottrell and Hackett didn't get dumped at the same time because then it would have been so obvious what was going on and their would have been no way for the beat writers and bootlickers like Cannizzaro to keep rationalizing this charade.

We could be two years removed from this horror, but this team has been scuttled and deep sixed and it's going to take years to rebound from the damage that Herm and Bradway have caused.

Jets management will continue to move all other parts, players and assistant coaches, but won't remove the ONE GUY that needs to be removed.

Bring in another OC. Bring in another backup QB (or starter at this point who knows). But it's just going to be more of the same ol' same ol'.

I'm not even going to waste my time watching this garbage any more. Why bother? I already know what the results will be. I already know what the plays will look like. I already know what the cliches will sound like. It's just a broken record.

It makes me sick to think what this team could look like this season if the 3 stooges were fired two years ago and we were two years removed from it. This year- the year the Pats finally look vulnerable-and we got a jack*ss HC who starts a QB BY HIS OWN ADMISSION wasn't ready to start. Indeed, the entire team was unprepared and once again humiliated on opening day. We got this jack*ss GM who COMPLETELY DESTROYED ONE OF THE BEST 0-LINES IN FOOTBALL. We got an owner who takes it up the *ss.

I'm sick of watching the Bengals and Bears emerge as respectable and legitimate contenders, when 5 years ago they were laughingstocks, yet, Hermy takes over a legitimate and respectable team and turns it into a laughingstock in the same time period.

you are preachin to the choir

you are preachin to the choir

The Bears are 5-3. Their QB is Kyle Ortin; never played in the NFL before.

Yet, Bollinger has had 3 NFL training camps, 3 years to prepare, but he can't play. No, good ol' jack*ss Herm and jack*ss Terry have to bring Vinny back from the dead, who in his only one W of the season, his stats were actually WORSE than Bollingers in the Ravens game.

Pathetic. OH, howm I gonna win without my #1 and #2 QB? Guess I don't need to ask for a T.O. back on MNF I might embarrass the NFL, we're gonna lose anyway who cares

Bears seem to be doing it you jack*ss!

That was an oustanding post Jet Moses!

=D>=D>=D>

Any Jet fan that would argue differently (BZ????) doesn't "get it".

Seems like Hermy is the only person in America who has not heard the phrase "The Buck Stops Here". #-o

Not true "Y2K8". The agreement/contract was a SIGNED AGREEMENT!

Teams, state discuss steps to win approval of stadium

Friday, November 11, 2005

By JOHN BRENNAN

STAFF WRITER

Officials from the New York Giants and New York Jets met Thursday with executives of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority to discuss the next steps toward approval of a new $800 million football stadium in the Meadowlands.

"We spoke at length about what documents we must have to begin the master plan approval process," said Carl Goldberg, the sports authority chairman. "I think everyone now has a clear understanding of what will be involved."

Giants Vice President John Mara agreed.

"It was a lot of technical discussion about what we need to do, and when we need to have it done," Mara said, citing a list of tasks that includes the acquisition of several environmental permits and completion of a traffic analysis.

The two National Football League franchises are expected to report back to the agency in four weeks, but a vote of the sports authority board on preliminary master plan approval might not come before January. Agency officials would need to review the paperwork to ensure that all relevant approvals have been submitted, Goldberg said.

After weeks of squabbling, the Jets and Giants on Sept. 29 signed an amended version of a deal that the Giants had reached with the state in April. The Jets' hopes of moving to the West Side of Manhattan ended soon after the Giants made that deal, and a brief flirtation with Queens proved fruitless.

Acting Governor Codey, who will be replaced by Sen. Jon Corzine in January, said the teams appear to be making substantial progress on the new stadium.

"Everything I hear suggests that things are on track to be built just like the deal we already made," Codey said.

The teams are negotiating on the stadium's design, as well as the type and amount of retail that will surround the new building. Goldberg said the possibility of a retractable roof wasn't discussed at Thursday's meeting.

"It's my understanding that at this point, the design is architecturally compatible with the potential installation of a roof," Goldberg said.

Neither team, however, has expressed interest in funding a roof that could cost $150 million or more.

But George Zoffinger, the sports authority president, said it would be a "terrible mistake" by the agency to approve a deal that doesn't include a roof option -even if the state has to contribute toward paying for it.

"The roof doesn't even have to be permanent," Zoffinger said. "There is technology that allows for a roof to be put up just for special events. Having a roof is imperative if the state is going to get a reasonable return from this stadium."

While the teams are paying for construction costs, the state is contributing $30 million toward infrastructure improvements and donating 75 acres for the new stadium and surrounding development.

WHAT'S NEXT:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In mid-December, the Giants and Jets will submit documents to the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority reflecting a variety of state regulatory approvals for their new football stadium. Construction could begin next summer, with a fall 2009 or fall 2010 opening.

E-mail: brennan@northjersey.com

Copyright

That was an oustanding post Jet Moses!

=D>=D>=D>

Any Jet fan that would argue differently (BZ????) doesn't "get it".

Seems like Hermy is the only person in America who has not heard the phrase "The Buck Stops Here". #-o

You know what the really sickening thing about it is? The Jets can actually go on a roll and finish this season 8-8 or even 9-7, and just miss the playoffs. And all the Hermaphrodites will be creaming their jeans saying what a great coach good ol Hermy is. I doubt it will happen, but it could.

Then they will conveniently forget that this jack*ss started the season 1-3 because his team was totally unprepared, his QB would "not be 100% until week 8" but started him anyway, and he chose to give all the carries to a 32 year old RB with banged up knee in two losses. Two winnable games if you actually field the best players to help you win, instead of putting two gimps on the field because they are veterans.

It would really suck to miss the playoffs by one game after this horrible start, and look back to Herm's folly and stubborn jack*ss decisions.

And let me add that the only way we ever made the playoffs under Herm, something freaky always had to happen, to overcome his incompetence and lack of preparation to start the season every year:

2001- Raiders game postponed

2002- Olindo Mare/Dolphins choke

2004- Bills can't even beat the Steelers 3rd string

What a moron. SICK OF IT ALL!

:evil:

I was saying all along that the different interests would never get together to see a stadium built in Manhattan.

New Jersey has made the effort to get us a new stadium even if shared as equal partners with the Giants at least we can finally have a start of the art stadium for all the league to envy.

Archived