Plaxico getting MRI, won't play Monday

Morrissey

Oh. You mean like Keller (26) was completely worthless during the latter part of the season and playoffs?

I will trade in Plaxico hurt ALL SEASON if he can do for the Jets what he did for the Giants on that SB run. His game in GB was one of the greatest all-time for a WR.

I agree that game was awesome. But Braylon did some heroics too that shouldnt be forgotten. Unfortunately in the NFL its what have you done for me lately.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Fran has Edwards,Ginn and Crabtree

New england has Welker and Ocho

Tenn Britt

Vikings Harvin

I'm sorry... I just stopped reading and starting laughing when I seriously saw you list Tedd ******* Ginn. Outside of a couple of games against the Jets, the guys NFL career has been a joke. Please stop.

What we know is the JETS wanted to sign him. And they ended up not only not getting the job done by signing him and ended up seeing him go to another team for a low price. That's a failure on FO's part. You don't hear that. But instead all we get is bunch of useless hypothetical speculation that in many cases is passed around as fact.

Things like 'He is toxic to the team, in the locker room'. If he is why were the JETS interested in the first place

Things like 'He is a bitch for not signing here for the same money'. How do we know there was an offer in place from the JETS ?

And to top that we signed a player with a lot more guaranteed money and that player has not stepped on a football field for what like 3 seasons and has 3 reps in all of training camp!

Let me know if you need any more clarity!

We don't know that. The rest of your post(s) is (are) invalid.

Nice try. You haven't answered the initial question. Keep dodging!

Keep contradicting yourself. On one hand they were wrong about his value on other hand he took an unreanoable offer from the 49ers!

You are just pathetic.

The Jets were offering him more, he wanted even more and got less.

So how was the league wrong about his value? :blink:

The only thing I am dodging is your ridiculous bullsh*t.

I imagine he was significantly more sober than Edwards for those two years.

It's not just a DUI. It's an assault, a one car accident, and a bar brawl under investigation. He spent over a year with the Jets. They know what he was like day in and day out. They got to hear a lot of whispers about his habits, too. Information you are not privy to.

Ahhh based on your imagination!

And if they knew him so well why did they put an offer up in the first place and if reports are to believed at higher amount?

I agree that game was awesome. But Braylon did some heroics too that shouldnt be forgotten. Unfortunately in the NFL its what have you done for me lately.

I'm not debating Braylon's contribution to the Jets. I definitely enjoyed him as a Jet and moreover, would've been ecstatic to have him back. But at the end of the day I can see the justification for it. I take the emotion out of it.

Ahhh based on your imagination!

And if they knew him so well why did they put an offer up in the first place and if reports are to believed at higher amount?

These offers are in your imagination. Braylon's track record of alcohol related incidents, however, are public record. You think this guy gets into trouble every time he gets drunk? Gets drunk, assaults someone, stays clean for a year, gets drunk, wrecks a car, etc. Or do you think maybe he gets drunk a lot more often than that? I'm choosing to use reasonable deduction. You can live in fantasy land.

Show me some links to these reports of the Jets offering Braylon anything, particularly of the higher amount variety. I look forward to reading all of them. Thanks.

What we know is the JETS wanted to sign him. This was at the beginning of free agency, then he tried to a$$ rape us. And they ended up not only not getting the job done by signing him and ended up seeing him go to another team for a low price. I'm sure this had nothing to do with the fact that he got into ANOTHER DRUNKEN BRAWL. Also throw in the real possibility that he already had a bad rep and that's why after Santonio was gone you saw guys like Sidney Rice get paid before Braylon That's a failure on FO's part. Right, it's a failure that they didn't ask Braylon back after another incident. You can say whatever you want about the Jets but guys we've signed with troubled pasts dont' continually make mistakes. The only one that did was Braylon. Not sure how old you are but would you want an employee like that? You don't hear that. But instead all we get is bunch of useless hypothetical speculation.You're not speculating at all right you are stating fact. that in many cases is passed around as fact. Like your case. FACTS

Things like 'He is toxic to the team, in the locker room'. If he is why were the JETS interested in the first place. Not so much toxic, but more jackassery. Please don't make me link stories to his incidents.

Things like 'He is a bitch for not signing here for the same money'. How do we know there was an offer in place from the JETS ? When a team comes out and says "We're not going to resign him" it's because the player has made his demands known. Again, look at the market for Braylon before the incident. There was none, then he acted like a Jackass and had to lower his demands.

And to top that we signed a player with a lot more guaranteed money and that player has not stepped on a football field for what like 3 seasons and has 3 reps in all of training camp! Yea, Braylon is hurt and who knows what's going to happen to him legally.

Let me know if you need any more clarity! Yes, why are you criticizing people for assuming when you are operating from within the same context.

MEMO SENT!

yeah but Ted Ginn ? You should have just left that out

Smash take a sedative..

Our WR's this year are better than last years. That is a fact.

any edge you believe Edwards has on Plax is outweighed by Mason being >>>> than Cotch.

I'll bet you 7.5 billion dollars Masons numbers this year are better than Cotch's were last year. 7.5 Billion -- with a B.

I cannot wait for football season to start for many reasons. The one that has emerged lately is that this discussion will be had in the realm of the actual as opposed to the hypothetical. It's getting ridiculous.

Pretty much. I try to look at #'s and history for an indicator of future returns. Which is why I'm fine with Mason and Plax.

I cannot wait for football season to start for many reasons. The one that has emerged lately is that this discussion will be had in the realm of the actual as opposed to the hypothetical. It's getting ridiculous.

people will always have differing opinions. The only thing Isee thatsa huge red flag is the age involved. IF (and its a BIG IF) those guys can stay healthy we should be ok but then you have to worry about them being worn out come playoffs time. These are legitimate concerns that can only be proven late in the season and in the playoffs.

The main reason the OLD WR situation scares me is because if they do hit a brick wall late in the season then what ? We're stuck. They very well could play solid all year its something that plagued Tomlinson his whole career because of the beatings he took and he was young how Jets fans can not be terrified these old men wont have the stamina to pull this off is beyond me. Your window to win a SB in this league is small you have to go all in at this point and in the WR position which directly effects our Young QB we have failed or weve taken a very big chance.

Smash take a sedative..

Our WR's this year are better than last years. That is a fact.

any edge you believe Edwards has on Plax is outweighed by Mason being >>>> than Cotch.

I'll bet you 7.5 billion dollars Masons numbers this year are better than Cotch's were last year. 7.5 Billion -- with a B.

yes masons numbers will be better Im not debating Mason and Cotch

PAC read my lips ok .... We can differ on the talent question. The one thing thats really not up for debate of any kind is the Age and thats what scares me. It should scare you as well.

people will always have differing opinions. The only thing Isee thatsa huge red flag is the age involved. IF (and its a BIG IF) those guys can stay healthy we should be ok but then you have to worry about them being worn out come playoffs time. These are legitimate concerns that can only be proven late in the season and in the playoffs.

The main reason the OLD WR situation scares me is because if they do hit a brick wall late in the season then what ? We're stuck. They very well could play solid all year its something that plagued Tomlinson his whole career because of the beatings he took and he was young how Jets fans can not be terrified these old men wont have the stamina to pull this off is beyond me. Your window to win a SB in this league is small you have to go all in at this point and in the WR position which directly effects our Young QB we have failed or weve taken a very big chance.

So my whole Keller point doesn't matter. Got it.

So my whole Keller point doesn't matter. Got it.

Vic I was responding to Gastineau. And for what is worth Im not a big Keller fan either since the guy all but dissapeared after the first 5 games last year. Wonder why Rex was picking up Heap at the Airport ?

PAC read my lips ok .... We can differ on the talent question. The one thing thats really not up for debate of any kind is the Age and thats what scares me. It should scare you as well.

a) I can't read your lips - this is the internet.

2) I'm older than Plax by a couple years and I'm in freakin supreme shape. I'm not worried about a guy who turns 34 this month. Plax never relied on speed so any step he may have lost the last 2 years is inconsequential.

The Jets had four guys who caught more than 50 passes for them last year, and they retained three of them: Holmes, Keller, and LT. Holmes and Keller are in the prime of their careers. They shouldn't be hitting any walls.

Jets have a couple backup TE's who have been in the system for a couple years that Rex seems to have faith in. They have a 5th rounder who's getting a very unusual amount of praise from everyone who sees him play. Should he get on the field, he may help keep some gas in the tanks of the two older guys. They have young guys who can pick up a lot of reps.

The Jets run the football a lot. They have a stable of backs. Joe McKnight will probably be featured in both the rushing and passing game, relieving some pressure from LT.

Is it ideal? No, but what is in this league? If Kerley's the real deal, then the Jets are much better in WR's #1-4 than they were last year.

Would they really be better off relying on Edwards? A guy who couldn't keep his car on the road, or his twitter fingers out of a drunken brawl, at a time when he was looking to cash in on a FA deal. I think they came out of a pretty crappy situation pretty well.

a) I can't read your lips - this is the internet.

2) I'm older than Plax by a couple years and I'm in freakin supreme shape. I'm not worried about a guy who turns 34 this month. Plax never relied on speed so any step he may have lost the last 2 years is inconsequential.

:lol: PAC Ill drive you to FP k . Ill try out with you as well.

You do know that Plax has a SWOLLEN ankle right ? hes getting an MRI this is not to be taken lightly AT 34 IT becomes harder to recover from these things no matter what shape your in,.

What we know is the JETS wanted to sign him. This was at the beginning of free agency, then he tried to a$$ rape us. And they ended up not only not getting the job done by signing him and ended up seeing him go to another team for a low price. I'm sure this had nothing to do with the fact that he got into ANOTHER DRUNKEN BRAWL. Also throw in the real possibility that he already had a bad rep and that's why after Santonio was gone you saw guys like Sidney Rice get paid before Braylon That's a failure on FO's part. Right, it's a failure that they didn't ask Braylon back after another incident. You can say whatever you want about the Jets but guys we've signed with troubled pasts dont' continually make mistakes. The only one that did was Braylon. Not sure how old you are but would you want an employee like that? You don't hear that. But instead all we get is bunch of useless hypothetical speculation.You're not speculating at all right you are stating fact. that in many cases is passed around as fact. Like your case. FACTS

Things like 'He is toxic to the team, in the locker room'. If he is why were the JETS interested in the first place. Not so much toxic, but more jackassery. Please don't make me link stories to his incidents.

Things like 'He is a bitch for not signing here for the same money'. How do we know there was an offer in place from the JETS ? When a team comes out and says "We're not going to resign him" it's because the player has made his demands known. Again, look at the market for Braylon before the incident. There was none, then he acted like a Jackass and had to lower his demands.

And to top that we signed a player with a lot more guaranteed money and that player has not stepped on a football field for what like 3 seasons and has 3 reps in all of training camp! Yea, Braylon is hurt and who knows what's going to happen to him legally.

Let me know if you need any more clarity! Yes, why are you criticizing people for assuming when you are operating from within the same context.

MEMO SENT!

It would have been easier to respond if you had just quoted.

Atleast you confirm that people are operating under bunch of assumptions and passing them on as facts.

What assumptions am I making ?

Like whats the assumption in And to top that we signed a player with a lot more guaranteed money and that player has not stepped on a football field for what like 3 seasons and has 3 reps in all of training camp! ?

Or What we know is the JETS wanted to sign him. ?

yes masons numbers will be better Im not debating Mason and Cotch

And that's why you frustrate people. I'm not scared. I see Mason's #. I see his history via #'s and health. That to me is realistic. Simply saying ZOMG HE IS 38 means jacksh*t to me when the guy has continually gotten the job done and based on his production I'm not concerned. The eye sees what it wants to see. I see fine games from Mason at the end of the year. In the last 4 games he had 3 TD's and 204 yards. Yes he had a non-existent game against the chiefs but they also RUSHED THE BALL 32 TIMES. That's not counting Flacco's 7 scrambles and a reverse to Stallworth. I'd say they went run heavy that game.

Even Brooklyn says that the JETS made an offer and offering him more and he is not the only one.

Even Brooklyn does not constitute a valid response.

Basically you're telling me that like Brooklyn, you're incapable of finding a link to back up your make-believe reports.

Archived