Plaxico getting MRI, won't play Monday

Morrissey

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would have been easier to respond if you had just quoted.

Atleast you confirm that people are operating under bunch of assumptions and passing them on as facts.

What assumptions am I making ?

Like whats the assumption in And to top that we signed a player with a lot more guaranteed money and that player has not stepped on a football field for what like 3 seasons and has 3 reps in all of training camp! ?

Or What we know is the JETS wanted to sign him. ?

You're assuming how badly the Jets wanted him and at what price they were willing to have him. That is EXACTLY what you're doing.

You're also assuming that Braylon was willing to come back AT THAT SAME EXACT PRICE to the Jets.

The Jets had four guys who caught more than 50 passes for them last year, and they retained three of them: Holmes, Keller, and LT. Holmes and Keller are in the prime of their careers. They shouldn't be hitting any walls.

Jets have a couple backup TE's who have been in the system for a couple years that Rex seems to have faith in. They have a 5th rounder who's getting a very unusual amount of praise from everyone who sees him play. Should he get on the field, he may help keep some gas in the tanks of the two older guys. They have young guys who can pick up a lot of reps.

The Jets run the football a lot. They have a stable of backs. Joe McKnight will probably be featured in both the rushing and passing game, relieving some pressure from LT.

Is it ideal? No, but what is in this league? If Kerley's the real deal, then the Jets are much better in WR's #1-4 than they were last year.

Would they really be better off relying on Edwards? A guy who couldn't keep his car on the road, or his twitter fingers out of a drunken brawl, at a time when he was looking to cash in on a FA deal. I think they came out of a pretty crappy situation pretty well.

Slats a team thats so close to a SB and was in need of Young strong WR's and some redzone help should not have been signing 34 and 37 year old guys Period!! I could see signing a guy like Plax if we kept Braylon and Holmes but not signing him as a primary and also signing Mason at 37. Sorry but the Situation is far from "not ideal" its laughable IMO. All we can do at this point is hope it works out.

You're assuming how badly the Jets wanted him and at what price they were willing to have him. That is EXACTLY what you're doing.

You're also assuming that Braylon was willing to come back AT THAT SAME EXACT PRICE to the Jets.

The JETS wanted him back for the right price but they did want him back!

Is there proof that the JETS made an offer at that point to match the 49ers ?

What we do know is , JETS wanted a player who was a productive member of this offense and failed to sign him!

And that's why you frustrate people. I'm not scared. I see Mason's #. I see his history via #'s and health. That to me is realistic. Simply saying ZOMG HE IS 38 means jacksh*t to me when the guy has continually gotten the job done and based on his production I'm not concerned. The eye sees what it wants to see. I see fine games from Mason at the end of the year. In the last 4 games he had 3 TD's and 204 yards. Yes he had a non-existent game against the chiefs but they also RUSHED THE BALL 32 TIMES. That's not counting Flacco's 7 scrambles and a reverse to Stallworth. I'd say they went run heavy that game.

Ok Vic You stay happy with our old WR situation I said my peace. Im also well aware that Mason is durable. All we can do is wait and see. As Ive said before I hope the guy has 90 catches and tears it up/ Age has ALWAYS been a huge question in this league (regardless of what you or I say) but now that the Jets have a pair of 900 year old recievers all that goes away . Will talk in the playoffs.

The JETS wanted him back for the right price but they did want him back!

Is there proof that the JETS made an offer at that point to match the 49ers ?

What we do know is , JETS wanted a player who was a productive member of this offense and failed to sign him!

Ok, disconnect the emotion.

Now- when did the 9ers make that offer? Was it after his latest incident? Yes.

Assumption- The Jets STILL WANTED HIM after the latest incident. More assumptions: The Jets wanted him for that price tag.

If you fail to see that I regret the time I have lost.

Couldnt agree more. We should have kept the core 3 together Edwards-Holmes-JCo worked in a few rookies. The NYJETS decided to be the NFL saviors and bring in Plax out of football for 2 years. Now look where were at. An MRI away from being looking for another WR. Sign T.O or Moss and let the circus continue.

Yeah really. That core 3 was awesome last year. JCo almost led the league in drops, and we were like 26th in passing yards. That stud like offense should have stayed intact. Sanchez has nothing to do with it. :lol:

How do we know he was not ?

What we do know is out FO failed to convince him when we went to sign with someone else for bargain basement pricing!

Ok Vic You stay happy with our old WR situation I said my peace. Im also well aware that Mason is durable. All we can do is wait and see. As Ive said before I hope the guy has 90 catches and tears it up/ Age has ALWAYS been a huge question in this league (regardless of what you or I say) but now that the Jets have a pair of 900 year old recievers all that goes away . Will talk in the playoffs.

I'm not happy. What I am is fine and understand the decision based on production.

I do get your point on age, but I can say there are those who can continue to do things at an older age.

How do we know he was not ?

What we do know is out FO failed to convince him when we went to sign with someone else for bargain basement pricing!

What I'm saying is the Jets didn't' want him at that price. If they did they would've made the offer. This team has never shied away from offering contracts.

YOU, the emotional, dense fan, wanted him at that price. That is why you are blaming the FO.

Nah just his involvement in 7 SB's and winning 5 of them

he coached Lynn Sawnn and John Stallworth as well . Ever wonder why the Colts were always able to develop top WR's ?

No, the WR's are succesful because they have the greatest regular season QB of all time pitching them the ball... Line up penning loser behind center all these yars and the colts barely make the playoffs and you wouldn't know marvin harrison from william henry harrison

My question is: How do you lament not signing a guy who:

A. Was drinking with a friend the night that dude went out and killed someone drinking and driving and THEN, after a huge win against your biggest rival, gets drunk and subsequently behind a wheel instead of calling a car?

B. In the MIDDLE of free agency, gets into a brawl where someone is stabbed, and tweets about that brawl?

A - Lack of concern for others.

B - Lack of basic control even when his best interests are at stake, financially and physically.

F-ck TEAM. This guy can't even behave to save HIMSELF. You can just look into his big, stupid eyes and see well... stupidity.

Goodbye. He's gone. Thank God. Stop crying.

You are drawn to negativity like dirty hippies to Phish.

Oh wait.

I'm not negative at all, I'm excited about oru DLine, am glad we dropped Cotch rather then giving him a healthy contract, don't mind ellis leaving..etc.. I just lol @the pack mentality when some deserved critiscm lands at thier feet..

If Plaxi-risk proves to be a bad bet, they made a mistake. A 34 year old out of football for a few years getting an MRI and skipping camp doesn't sound promising... don't know why there's arguements, it's not a positive development. period

No, the WR's are succesful because they have the greatest regular season QB of all time pitching them the ball... Line up penning loser behind center all these yars and the colts barely make the playoffs and you wouldn't know marvin harrison from william henry harrison

Oh. Snap.

Snappalicious, even.

I'm not negative at all, I'm excited about oru DLine, am glad we dropped Cotch rather then giving him a healthy contract, don't mind ellis leaving..etc.. I just lol @the pack mentality when some deserved critiscm lands at thier feet..

If Plaxi-risk proves to be a bad bet, they made a mistake. A 34 year old out of football for a few years getting an MRI and skipping camp doesn't sound promising... don't know why there's arguements, it's not a positive development. period

I agree. Plax is an all-in bet. Either bust or double up.

At the same time, I don't think Braylon would've been a better bet. All he's got is he was with the team last year and has been playing football. Yes, a big deal but who knows what happens with Braylon this year with his issues.

I agree. Plax is an all-in bet. Either bust or double up.

At the same time, I don't think Braylon would've been a better bet. All he's got is he was with the team last year and has been playing football. Yes, a big deal but who knows what happens with Braylon this year with his issues.

Braylon is a better bet overall, just would have been a more expensive buy-in.

Mangold being day to day due to a "stinger" isn't exactly swell either. Where's the hysteria for that development?

It's a freakin sprained ankle and he's 34, not 44. Take your kleenex and go cry somewhere else.

Slats a team thats so close to a SB and was in need of Young strong WR's and some redzone help should not have been signing 34 and 37 year old guys Period!! I could see signing a guy like Plax if we kept Braylon and Holmes but not signing him as a primary and also signing Mason at 37. Sorry but the Situation is far from "not ideal" its laughable IMO. All we can do at this point is hope it works out.

Smash a team thats so close to a SB now have 2 stud WR's who were key elements to postseason runs on the way to catching the game winning TD to hoist the Lombardi, both within the last 3 years. While I dont believe there will be a problem (see Mike Vick and Mike Williams), yes, 1 of them is a bit of a question because he's been out of the league. So, the Jets added one of the most consistent WR's in the last decade who really hasnt skipped a beat. The only reason he didnt have 3 straight 1,000yrd seasons even at his age, is because they added Boldin last year in Balt.

The offense, with this amazing cast of WR's that you are heart broken over losing, was only 1 TD better than they were in 09 during Mark's rookie season. So, the Jets decided to do something about it because clearly, it wasnt improving their performance. The Jets arent being complacent and just hoping an under achieving offense will turn it around. Thats what bad teams d0, who (to use your words), fail. Instead, they actively made personnel changes to improve via FA and the draft. If it will improve or not, is pure speculation, but I highly doubt it gets worse considering the Jets are returning 3 of their 4 top receiving options last season and I'd hope, Sanchez can take the next step.

Clearly, the priorities for the Jets, were to not sign a bunch of overrated FA receivers this season but to instead lock up Mark's favorite target, the best WR FA, and most dangerous weapon from the Jets last season who won 4 games single handed...along with 4 key elements to how the Jets win games/the core (Cro, Harris, Hunter, Turner) and returning Pool and Strickland.

Wake up buddy, the Jets are trying to improve. They really havent done anything too risky. How the Jets win and lose games, is in tact. Where the Jets struggled, has been changed in order to improve. If that change will work, is pure speculation. IMO - it will. <3

Smash a team thats so close to a SB now have 2 stud WR's who were key elements to postseason runs on the way to catching the game winning TD to hoist the Lombardi, both within the last 3 years. While I dont believe there will be a problem (see Mike Vick and Mike Williams), yes, 1 of them is a bit of a question because he's been out of the league. So, the Jets added one of the most consistent WR's in the last decade who really hasnt skipped a beat. The only reason he didnt have 3 straight 1,000yrd seasons even at his age, is because they added Boldin last year in Balt.

The offense, with this amazing cast of WR's that you are heart broken over losing, was only 1 TD better than they were in 09 during Mark's rookie season. So, the Jets decided to do something about it because clearly, it wasnt improving their performance. The Jets arent being complacent and just hoping an under achieving offense will turn it around. Thats what bad teams d0, who (to use your words), fail. Instead, they actively made personnel changes to improve via FA and the draft. If it will improve or not, is pure speculation, but I highly doubt it gets worse considering the Jets are returning 3 of their 4 top receiving options last season and I'd hope, Sanchez can take the next step.

Clearly, the priorities for the Jets, were to not sign a bunch of overrated FA receivers this season but to instead lock up Mark's favorite target, the best WR FA, and most dangerous weapon from the Jets last season who won 4 games single handed...along with 4 key elements to how the Jets win games/the core (Cro, Harris, Hunter, Turner) and returning Pool and Strickland.

Wake up buddy, the Jets are trying to improve. They really havent done anything too risky. How the Jets win and lose games, is in tact. Where the Jets struggled, has been changed in order to improve. If that change will work, is pure speculation. IMO - it will. <3

tl;narcolepsy

Archived