Dolphins Sign neanderthal Larry Johnson

Vudu

Dolphins pick up Larry Johnson

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 23, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Dolphins may have worked out Clinton Portis on Monday, but it doesn’t look like they’ll sign him.

Instead, they are going for another aging running back that we figured was probably done in the NFL. Miami announced the signing of former Chiefs and Redskins running back Larry Johnson.

Johnson’s star was bright enough that his signing in Washington last year actually made big news. And then he was only healthy and effective enough to carry the ball five times for Washington.

Johnson turns 32 in November and three teams have given up on him in the last two seasons. It’s hard to imagine him making a big impact in Miami, and it wouldn’t surprise us if he didn’t make the team.

This may be a sign the team isn’t overly happy with rookie Daniel Thomas, who has been tentative around the goal line. The team also cut Kory Sheets Tuesday.

Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald joined PFT Live Monday and made it clear that Reggie Bush, not Thomas, has taken the primary running back role over in Miami.

LINK: via PFT

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me save queer4life some time.

Mat Moore lol I'm so used to the losing and this joke of a franchise that I actually get a rush from bad signings and losing. I'm addicted to my team being a joke.

Just substitute Mat Moore with Larry Johnson. :rl:

Larry Johnson was relevan the last time Plaxico Burress was relevant.... Just sayin'.

And we're not going to play him barely at all. Plax is starting for you guys.

And this is supposed to make me feel bad and you feel better? :rl: :rl: :rl:

Larry Johnson was relevan the last time Plaxico Burress was relevant.... Just sayin'.

And we're not going to play him barely at all. Plax is starting for you guys.

This is getting sad. The funny part is, despite Plax missing 2 and 1/2 seasons, that's still not even slightly true. The last time Johnson was worth a damn was 2006, Plax was still relevant until the day that moron shot him midway through the 08 season. Not to mention, Plax's lack of relevance was solely because of his lack of playing, whereas Johnson's lack of relevance was because he ******* blew.

No, the funny thing is that we replaced Kory freaking Sheets with Larry Johnson. I honestly doubt Larry even makes it to the first game. Conversely, the Jets are replacing a guy that averaged over 17 yards per catch with a jailbird. And Michael Vick already took that miracle story, it's not happening again.

I guess if Larry scores a preseason TD he's back just like Burress is....lmao.

Weird, I must have missed when Plax played like absolute garbage for 5 consecutive seasons.

Plax is of course no guarantee to be what he once was for the Jets, but if you actually think the two situations are even remotely comparable it really shows how clueless you really are about the game of football.

No, the funny thing is that we replaced Kory freaking Sheets with Larry Johnson. I honestly doubt Larry even makes it to the first game. Conversely, the Jets are replacing a guy that averaged over 17 yards per catch with a jailbird. And Michael Vick already took that miracle story, it's not happening again.

That's cute, the old "my team sucks so horrendously badly I'm going to lash out at everyone else for it with something completely unrelated" shtick. Even if Plaxico doesn't catch another pass in a Jets uniform, it will still have absolutely nothing to do with what a joke the Dolphins and Larry Johnson both are.

Weird, I must have missed when Plax played like absolute garbage for 5 consecutive seasons.

Plax is of course no guarantee to be what he once was for the Jets, but if you actually think the two situations are even remotely comparable it really shows how clueless you really are about the game of football.

If you think it's "pathetic" that the Dolphins signed Larry Johnson, then it shows how clueless you really are about the game of football. He's basically a camp fodder at this point. Just because he produced in the past doesn't mean it's a joke now. Is this signing more of a joke than us bringing in a camp fodder in Tyler Donahue at tackle yesterday?

That's cute, the old "my team sucks so horrendously badly I'm going to lash out at everyone else for it with something completely unrelated" shtick. Even if Plaxico doesn't catch another pass in a Jets uniform, it will still have absolutely nothing to do with what a joke the Dolphins and Larry Johnson both are.

Well I think the Dolphins will finish with a better record than the Jets this year, so I'm not really performing that whole shtick you're talking about (although I'm not even sure what you mean and not sure you know what you mean.)

If you think it's "pathetic" that the Dolphins signed Larry Johnson, then it shows how clueless you really are about the game of football. He's basically a camp fodder at this point. Just because he produced in the past doesn't mean it's a joke now. Is this signing more of a joke than us bringing in a camp fodder in Tyler Donahue at tackle yesterday?

So you are trying to say they are less of a joke, because they brought in an even bigger joke yesterday?

You can't make this sh*t up! :rl:

Yeah ok, whatever helps you sleep at night. Whenever teams are bringing in players to be nothing but camp fodder, they always target 32 year old washed-up former Pro Bowlers just for sh*ts and giggles. And just to be clear, I didn't call the move itself pathetic (although it is rather laughable), I called the team and player pathetic, both of which are.

That the Jets would lose in the AFC Championship game, after beating the Colts and the Patriots in back to back weeks on the road.

Pretty sure he predicted that this time last year.

What did your head coach say last year? The year before that?

What will he be wrong about again this year?

What did your head coach say last year? The year before that?

What will he be wrong about again this year?

What did your owner predict? That he would replace your HC, and QB? He couldn't find anyone dumb enough to come there. Maybe next year.

Larry Johnson is a former Pro Bowler who has played lousy the last five seasons and is now kicking around the league getting tryouts based on his long-past glory.

Plaxico Burress is a former Pro Bowler who was at the top of his game when he went to prison a couple of years ago and is now returning to the league at 34, which is still an age when many WRs perform very well.

You would actually consider these two situations to be comparable?

Archived