Dolphins Sign neanderthal Larry Johnson

Vudu

What did your head coach say last year? The year before that?

What will he be wrong about again this year?

That his goal was to win the Super Bowl. We came up short, but had pretty successful seasons in those years.

But, you're right. I wish I had the Dolphins management. Their goal clearly isn't to win the Super Bowl, and they're doing a great job of it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That his goal was to win the Super Bowl. We came up short, but had pretty successful seasons in those years.

But, you're right. I wish I had the Dolphins management. Their goal clearly isn't to win the Super Bowl, and they're doing a great job of it.

Yeah but, I hear Justin Bieber is interested in some ownership of the Dolphags, so at least they've got that going for them.

:bwahaharoll:

Seriously, this guy is awesome. He's my favorite troll that comes around. So funny to watch him squirm when's he's wrong. All. The. Time.

Like when the Dolphins beat the Jets 3 of the last 4 times? Or like when the Phins won the division in 2008 which I predicted half way through the year only to be told I was dellusion, and every other fantastical name? It's not hard to look up past posts to show people they're wrong.

So you're claiming to have gained significant intelligence over the past 22 months?

That claim was made after we routed the Bills, beat Rex's Jets (like usual), and were ahead of the Saints by 20 at halftime. I was feeling pretty confident, BFD.

And I just searched for some of the '08 threads, but this crappy messageboard only goes back to 2010 on my posts.

Like when the Dolphins beat the Jets 3 of the last 4 times? Or like when the Phins won the division in 2008 which I predicted half way through the year only to be told I was dellusion, and every other fantastical name? It's not hard to look up past posts to show people they're wrong.

You're always wrong and I dont remember any such predictions. And even if you did, its was just throwing the same sh*t at the wall you throw every year...its just happened to stick...once.

But carry on, I like watching you embarass yourself. I'm looking forward to watching the Dolphags finish ahead of the Jets.

That claim was made after we routed the Bills, beat Rex's Jets (like usual), and were ahead of the Saints by 20 at halftime. I was feeling pretty confident, BFD.

And I just searched for some of the '08 threads, but this crappy messageboard only goes back to 2010 on my posts.

I just reported you.

So what will be your excuse this season? You have absolute NO reason to be confident going into this season. At least then you had a reason to be excited.

So what will be your excuse this season? You have absolute NO reason to be confident going into this season. At least then you had a reason to be excited.

I was just reading some of his excuses from last season (very slow day at work), and since nothing has changed, I'll answer this for you.

They have no QB, they have no HC, they have no OC (although Brian Daboll is a real up and comer :blink: ), they have no secondary past Vontae Davis, and they are weak up the middle. It all came down to Ricky and Ronnie (both gone).

So being that they've done nothing to address those concerns, other than Reggie Bush, I expect all the same excuses/reasons why the Dolphags suck (his words from the 2010 season).

I was just reading some of his excuses from last season (very slow day at work), and since nothing has changed, I'll answer this for you.

They have no QB, they have no HC, they have no OC (although Brian Daboll is a real up and comer :blink: ), they have no secondary past Vontae Davis, and they are weak up the middle. It all came down to Ricky and Ronnie (both gone).

So being that they've done nothing to address those concerns, other than Reggie Bush, I expect all the same excuses/reasons why the Dolphags suck (his words from the 2010 season).

BUT HENNE >>>>>>> SANCHEZ!

We have a really, really good defense. We have quality skill players on offense. We got rid of, by far, the worst offensive coordinator in the history of the NFL. If the interior of the line is fixed with the additions of Pouncey as well as kicking Carey inside, and Henne plays like he did in early 09 and early 10, we're a 10 win team, no question about it.

It doesn't get much better as a 1-2 punch with Brandon Marshall and Davone Bess at wideout. Reggie Bush and Clyde Gates add a TON of speed to the offense. We've already seen more deep throws in two pre-season games than we did in Dan Henning's 3 year tenure here. On D, our strong positions from last year were young guys who are only getting better. Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Chris Clemons, Paul Soliai, Kendall Langford, Koa Misi and Nolan Carroll all had good years and are 25 or younger (Soliai the exception at 27.) Karlos Dansby is in his second year of Mike Nolan's awesome scheme, and he had a great first year with us. We upgraded Crowder with Burnett in the middle, and last but not least, Cameron Wake is still on the right side of 30.

We have one of the youngest, and best defenses out there. Henne had a bad year, I admit that. But he was in a real bad situation with Dan Henneing not trustting a soul on his offense. Ask Panthers fans about Henning in the Jake Delhomme days. They were going nuts over his "punts aren't a bad result" mentality. It's difficult to be successful when every time we drove into the redzone, he yanked Henne and went wildcat (which did absolutely nothing for us last year.) Add to the fact that if it was 3rd and 8 or longer, we played for the field goal with a draw or a 3 yard drag route. This year we're going to attack the sticks and be aggressive.

Brian Daboll has already shown us some refreshing things in the pre-season including using Reggie Bush as a receiver (something we never did with the multi-talented Ronnie Brown.) We put up 300 yards of offense with the first team in one half last week. It's just pre-season, but still, you'd never see that in a Dan Henning offense.

We have a really, really good defense.

The Dolphins defense is pretty good, but not nearly as good as Dolphins fans think it is. If they were, they wouldn't have been 14th in the NFL in scoring D.

We have quality skill players on offense.

An overrated psychopath at WR and....... what? A bunch of JAGs at WR and a career backup draft bust at RB?

We got rid of, by far, the worst offensive coordinator in the history of the NFL.

Henning was by no means great, but this is absolutely ridiculous. The guy was nowhere close to as bad as you Dolphins fans have tried to portray him. It was nothing more than an excuse, and that'll be blatantly obvious when the Phins suck just as much without him. He was once Jets OC, so it's not like we aren't familiar with the guy.

If the interior of the line is fixed with the additions of Pouncey as well as kicking Carey inside,

OMG, you're counting on a rookie?!? That's not allowed! You must assume we will be absolutely useless, that's the rule, right?

and Henne plays like he did in early 09 and early 10,

You mean, sucking only a little bit instead of a lot? Ok.

we're a 10 win team, no question about it.

Over the course of how many seasons exactly? Because the answer's certainly not one. The fact that you actually threw in "no question about it" is absolutely laughable.

It doesn't get much better as a 1-2 punch with Brandon Marshall and Davone Bess at wideout.

Yeah, it really, really does. MUCH better.

Reggie Bush and Clyde Gates add a TON of speed to the offense. We've already seen more deep throws in two pre-season games than we did in Dan Henning's 3 year tenure here. On D, our strong positions from last year were young guys who are only getting better. Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Chris Clemons, Paul Soliai, Kendall Langford, Koa Misi and Nolan Carroll all had good years and are 25 or younger (Soliai the exception at 27.) Karlos Dansby is in his second year of Mike Nolan's awesome scheme, and he had a great first year with us. We upgraded Crowder with Burnett in the middle, and last but not least, Cameron Wake is still on the right side of 30.

You also can't count on the improvement of any players whatsoever, don't you remember that? Every one of those players will be either exactly the same or possibly worse than they were last year. This is all we've heard from you on your astute analysis of the Jets depth, so the same must apply for the Phins.

We have one of the youngest, and best defenses out there.

Perhaps youngest, nowhere close to the best. Again, 14th in scoring D.

Henne had a bad year, I admit that. But he was in a real bad situation with Dan Henneing not trustting a soul on his offense. Ask Panthers fans about Henning in the Jake Delhomme days. They were going nuts over his "punts aren't a bad result" mentality. It's difficult to be successful when every time we drove into the redzone, he yanked Henne and went wildcat (which did absolutely nothing for us last year.) Add to the fact that if it was 3rd and 8 or longer, we played for the field goal with a draw or a 3 yard drag route. This year we're going to attack the sticks and be aggressive.

Brian Daboll has already shown us some refreshing things in the pre-season including using Reggie Bush as a receiver (something we never did with the multi-talented Ronnie Brown.) We put up 300 yards of offense with the first team in one half last week. It's just pre-season, but still, you'd never see that in a Dan Henning offense.

Speaking of being familiar with your OCs, you're giving waaayyy too much props to a guy who has proven nothing as a coordinator and was mediocre at best as a position coach. Go on and on all you want about the offensive problems being only the fault of Henning and I'm sure next year we'll hear why it's all the fault of Daboll. There's no legitimate reason anyone outside of a Dolphins fan sees that there should be any significant change in this offense, and there surely won't.

I find it comical you want to go on and on about why any time a Jets fan makes a positive point about the Jets on a Jets message board you feel the need to try to go down your list of reasons why none of it counts, despite there being no logical backing towards it. So I figured I'd give you a taste of your own medicine, and show you why, with a combination of actual truth and the bullsh*t logic you repeatedly use in your evaluations of the Jets, the Dolphins are doomed to, at best, mediocrity.

We have a really, really good defense. We have quality skill players on offense. We got rid of, by far, the worst offensive coordinator in the history of the NFL. If the interior of the line is fixed with the additions of Pouncey as well as kicking Carey inside, and Henne plays like he did in early 09 and early 10, we're a 10 win team, no question about it.

Pouncy doesnt count just like Wilkerson and Ellis dont. So your interior still sucks. Plus, no depth.

It doesn't get much better as a 1-2 punch with Brandon Marshall and Davone Bess at wideout.

It certainly does. Holmes and Plaxico come to mind. Hell, Holmes and Mason are better.

Reggie Bush and Clyde Gates add a TON of speed to the offense.

Who?

We've already seen more deep throws in two pre-season games than we did in Dan Henning's 3 year tenure here.

Good, more picks from Henne

On D, our strong positions from last year were young guys who are only getting better. Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Chris Clemons, Paul Soliai, Kendall Langford, Koa Misi and Nolan Carroll all had good years and are 25 or younger (Soliai the exception at 27.) Karlos Dansby is in his second year of Mike Nolan's awesome scheme, and he had a great first year with us. We upgraded Crowder with Burnett in the middle, and last but not least, Cameron Wake is still on the right side of 30.We have one of the youngest, and best defenses out there.

Solid front line, sh*tty secondary and not really, but we'll see.

Henne had a bad year, I admit that. But he was in a real bad situation with Dan Henneing not trustting a soul on his offense. Ask Panthers fans about Henning in the Jake Delhomme days.

I'm sure the Panthers hated going to the Super Bowl.

They were going nuts over his "punts aren't a bad result" mentality. It's difficult to be successful when every time we drove into the redzone, he yanked Henne and went wildcat (which did absolutely nothing for us last year.)Add to the fact that if it was 3rd and 8 or longer, we played for the field goal with a draw or a 3 yard drag route. This year we're going to attack the sticks and be aggressive.Brian Daboll has already shown us some refreshing things in the pre-season including using Reggie Bush as a receiver (something we never did with the multi-talented Ronnie Brown.)

HE USED REGGIE BUSH AS A WR???? NO WAY!!!

We put up 300 yards of offense with the first team in one half last week. It's just pre-season, but still, you'd never see that in a Dan Henning offense.

Except when he played the Jets?

Pouncy doesnt count just like Wilkerson and Ellis dont. So your interior still sucks. Plus, no depth.

It certainly does. Holmes and Plaxico come to mind. Hell, Holmes and Mason are better.

Who?

Good, more picks from Henne

Solid front line, sh*tty secondary and not really, but we'll see.

I'm sure the Panthers hated going to the Super Bowl.

HE USED REGGIE BUSH AS A WR???? NO WAY!!!

Except when he played the Jets?

LOL. Great minds, BooBoo. :-P

After the loss of Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown, this signing of a washed up Larry Johnson just goes to show how weak the Dolphins backfield has truly become. It's a laughing stock.

Larry Johnson has nothing left as a running back. He's done. That pathetic Dolphins fan who's trying to compare Larry Johnson to Plaxico Burress' situation was flat out hilarious. Maybe he missed the game against the Bengals, but Plaxico performed lights out. 3 catches, 3 first downs, 60+ yards and an amazing TD catch inside the end zone. Preseason game or not, he looked deadly.

Nic Grigsby? Lex Hilliard? Kory Sheets? Daniel Thomas? Other than Reggie Bush, a bunch of no-name projects. The Dolphins having to rely on Reggie as a #1 back just goes to show how weak they've become. Reggie Bush has been in the league for 5 years now, and has yet to rush for over 600 yards during the course of a season. Talk about overrated. What happened to becoming the next "Gayle Sayers"? He's only averaged 3.4 rushing TD's per season since being drafted into the league. Last year he missed 8 games, but still only put up 150 rushing yards and 0 rushing TD's. He's a solid talent, but too bad he'll never make for an every down back.

In 2009, Larry Johnson rushed the football 178 times for 581 yards. That's an average of only 3.2 yards per carry. His performance (if you can call it that) was drop dead awful. He ranked dead last amongst other NFL backs in average yards per carry. To make it worse? He finished the season with 0 TD's. No wonder why the Bengals let him go back in 2009, thats where the Chiefs signed LJ. No wonder why the Chiefs refused to bring him back the following season. That was the Redskins mistake. They gave LJ a shot. He was done. Last year, Johnson put up a whopping 5 rushing attempts for 2 yards with an outstanding average yards per carry of 0.4. He's always been an overrated back to begin with, after 9 years of being in the league, he's only put up two seasons of 1,000+ yards. As of right now? He's over and done with.

The Dolphins are in for a 4-12, 6-10 season at best this year.

Archived