The forums have been upgraded...What's new?

Maxman

First thing I would do is add the magnifying glass back to the "go" button on the site search (top right). It was there yesterday, now its gone.

Second, you need some sort of link back over to http://www.jetnation.com/ because at the moment there is no clear user path back to the main site. This link should probably be in the upper left. Even if its in that grey bar above your logo - and it looks like this:

<— Back to JetNation.com Home Page

Also, I LOVE the AJAX-y notification that there was a new reply posted while I'm typing my own reply. That is an awesome new feature that the mafia tards will love.

Good call on the magnifying glass.

The home page link is coming back, really soon. That is a must, I agree.

Was just looking at the same thing myself. If it's a youtube video just posting the full link will have the video automatically embedded. Otherwise it looks like the tags are [ media] [ /media]

Yes, thanks...

In the interest of being constructive, the one thing I've found myself looking for a bunch of times that's not there anymore is the dropdown box at the bottom of the page that allows you to navigate between the forums. Much easier than having to drop back to the main forum page every time you want to move around.

I would add to this that the small "gear" icon that represents advanced search is misleading. The "gear" icon is probably the most common convention on the web for "settings", so when I clicked on it - I thought it was another way of getting into my user profile settings.

The alt text is helpful up there, but perhaps a icon change down the road - or just have it say "Advanced" to the right of the search box, again this is the most common convention I see.

I would add to this that the small "gear" icon that represents advanced search is misleading. The "gear" icon is probably the most common convention on the web for "settings", so when I clicked on it - I thought it was another way of getting into my user profile settings.

The alt text is helpful up there, but perhaps a icon change down the road - or just have it say "Advanced" to the right of the search box, again this is the most common convention I see.

That settings gear thing was bugging me as well, not sure why they did that....good thoughts, thanks!

In the interest of being constructive, the one thing I've found myself looking for a bunch of times that's not there anymore is the dropdown box at the bottom of the page that allows you to navigate between the forums. Much easier than having to drop back to the main forum page every time you want to move around.

I will check to see if we can add that, thanks...

Still broken... as a guest I can view the new style... once I log in it is all messed up... what have I done... lol

Just reset the skins again, it says that 3 members were updated. So hopefully you and 2 other people are now fixed!

Thanks for this upgrade.

These type of upgrades might sound simple but they can drain away a lot of time! And to do so with a lot of people whining must take lots of patience.

P.S: The only thing missing in this version is a word cloud. I really want to know how many times this board used the word "blue" yesterday!

Didn't see this answered, but I want to know, too!

Otherwise, the site looks really nice.

IPB just responded to me and said that unfortunately this option was removed in 3.2. I will look into it some more and try to find out if they are thinking about bringing it back based on feedback they are receiving. Thanks.

So far I like it, although I can't find the option to display more posts per page. I don't like going through 7 page topics, when you can easily condense it to 2-3. I'm sure I'm just looking in the wrong place.

So far I like it, although I can't find the option to display more posts per page. I don't like going through 7 page topics, when you can easily condense it to 2-3. I'm sure I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Unfortunately they removed that feature, I just found that out today. I am tracking it with them to see if there is any chance of getting it returned...

First off, thank you Max for keeping this site free for all these years. I've been here from the beginning, and even though I don't post a bunch, I always check in to see what's going on. The new skin looks great. Best website out there. Thanks again!

Hey thank you! I appreciate that.

Archived