Which Players Currently On The Roster Are You Done With?

SoFlaJets

Jamaal Westermann for one-possibly Shonn Greene for 2

I'd rather have Banta-Cain or Maybin instead of Westermann and if Greene doesn't start showing something very soon-like within the next 2-3 games then I want to see what we have in Joe McKnight and Bilal Powell. I'm starting to fear that Greene is another Lamont Jordan. We all saw this movie before: "Lamont Jordan WILL be getting this amount of carries every game" never happened.

Doesn't it seem like whenever the Jets make a pre-season declaration about a player it never seems to happen? They did it with Jordan, did it with Gholston did it this summer with Westermann and Greene, even assigning them new position names "DPR" and "bell cow back".

I'm not ready to start calling for Derrick Mason's head...yet but I do like Kerley's potential

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Greene/ Jordan comparison is fair. Like Jordan, Greene is a grind out the clock closer back. Not a feature back. Jordan was lights out until he left for Oakland and drifted into obscurity. We need to give McNight or anyone other than LT a shot, primarily due to his age a chance and then end games with Greene hammering them for 3-5 yards a carry when their tired. Use him correctly and he is still worth having.

Anyone seems to be a better choice then Westerman at this point. Too early to call on Mason, few more games to decide if it was just a bad game, or if he is just a little dinged up.

The O-line needs a long hard look if you ask Crusher.

I don't know what options we have at O-line Crush. Hunter was playing against one of the game's best pass rushers. I think they need to start running the ball to get the OL in sync-it's easier for those big guys to go forward than it is to play on their toes backing up.

Ducasse - as bad as our O-Line played sunday Imagine if someone got dinged up and he had to shlep his a$$ onto the field

McKnight - yeah whoopie he blocked a kick but that was more scheme since he basicly came untouched through the middle

Mason - if he has another game like Sunday night

I would say Kerley becasue hes shown absolute nothing after a bunch of training camp hype but he deserves more time IMO. I know Ill get bitched out but I liked the little I saw from DePalma but they never gave the kid any chance to compete after the promise he showed in the first PS game.

Cant think of anyone else

Ducasse - as bad as our O-Line played sunday Imagine if someone got dinged up and he had to shlep his a$$ onto the field

McKnight - yeah whoopie he blocked a kick but that was more scheme since he basicly came untouched through the middle

I would say Kerley becasue hes shown absolute nothing after a bunch of training camp hype but he deserves more time IMO. I know Ill get bitched out but I liked the little I saw from DePalma but they never gave the kid any chance to compete after the promise he showed in the first PS game.

Smash, is there a player who ever had a good 2nd half in a preseason game you didn't completely fall in love with?

So not only do you demean what ended up being a game-saving play, but you use it to say that you are "done" with McKnight?

As to the OP, I mostly agree with the Westerman hate. He seems like a pretty good special teamer, but he's been given every opportunity to be the starter here and simply doesn't cut it. However, it's not like we used an early draft pick on the guy.

Jamaal Westermann for one-possibly Shonn Greene for 2

I'd rather have Banta-Cain or Maybin instead of Westermann and if Greene doesn't start showing something very soon-like within the next 2-3 games then I want to see what we have in Joe McKnight and Bilal Powell. I'm starting to fear that Greene is another Lamont Jordan. We all saw this movie before: "Lamont Jordan WILL be getting this amount of carries every game" never happened.

Doesn't it seem like whenever the Jets make a pre-season declaration about a player it never seems to happen? They did it with Jordan, did it with Gholston did it this summer with Westermann and Greene, even assigning them new position names "DPR" and "bell cow back".

I'm not ready to start calling for Derrick Mason's head...yet but I do like Kerley's potential

Agree on Greene, I'm getting tired of hearing his name every year about taking over and becoming that "bell cow". Westermann I'm gonna hold out hope still. I feel like he hasn't been hyped up for as long as Greene has. Hopefully he progresses as the year goes on.

Remind me again, is it the system, the offensive coordinator, or the wide receivers?

Why does the bar keep moving for this kid with you? His accuracy was significantly better on Sunday than its been in the past. He threw the ball away instead of forcing throws.

The kid made two mistakes and you guys are blowing them way the **** out of proportion. No credit for the two-minute drill at the end of the first half? No credit for the Plax TD drive?

You're all ******* insane. He's never going to be perfect but guess what? No one is!

Even the great Tom Brady threw an incredible bad interception Monday night. It happens. Your standards are unrealistic.

Smash, is there a player who ever had a good 2nd half in a preseason game you didn't completely fall in love with?

Yeah no one ... so Im not sure who your refering to. I like Depalma but if you turn the tables and he was the 5th round pick and Kerley was the UDFA who do you think would be on the team right now ? Also some people on these boards said that DePalma was playing really good in Training camp yet we never heard a word ? The jets are weird with thier draft picks its like they feel because they drafted a palyer he deserves more of a chance than an undrafted player. Wonder what would have happened to a player like Chrebet on this team ?

Hahahahahaha - not only are you "done" with the guy that just saved the game for us on Sunday night, you're also "done" with two 2nd year players and a rookie. lol

Cant wait till your GM.

Yeah no one ... so Im not sure who your refering to. I like Depalma but if you turn the tables and he was the 5th round pick and Kerley was the UDFA who do you think would be on the team right now ? Also some people on these boards said that DePalma was playing really good in Training camp yet we never heard a word ? The jets are weird with thier draft picks its like they feel because they drafted a palyer he deserves more of a chance than an undrafted player. Wonder what would have happened to a player like Chrebet on this team ?

DeVito, Westerman, Dixon, Cumberland, Leonhard, etc. etc.

Jets dont give undrafted free agents a chance at all.

Remind me again, is it the system, the offensive coordinator, or the wide receivers?

I think Sanchez played well on Sunday night yeah he lost a fumble on a backside hit and threw an INT to a player he didnt see but hey he also had 2 TD's and 335 yards passing so Im not sure what you want from the guy EY. And yes I have been calling for more weapons on offense because I think we are lacking in that area. Sorry man its just how I feel I dont really want to argue about it anymore Im rooting for the guys we have hopefully they get it done. I would not be sad if the Jets signed a Randy Moss and dumped Mason. :)

I love them all. But if pressed to respond, I'd go with Mason. He looked like a little old man on Sunday night. I'm thinking that if he can't step up then he will essentially be replaced by Cumberland or Keller in the slot. They will replace some 3WR sets with 2TE sets. But alas Schotty never does what I expect or hope for him to do.

Hahahahahaha - not only are you "done" with the guy that just saved the game for us on Sunday night, you're also "done" with two 2nd year players and a rookie. lol

Cant wait till your GM.

Give me a call when these guys do anything .... Also you know damn well McKnights Blocked punt was pure scheme since he ran right up the middle untouched. It was the equivelant of Gholstons first sack as a Jet when he ran untouched to the QB and people got all excited. Funny were using our starting Corner to return kicks and Kerly is playing himself out of a job as PR.

Mike DeVito, Brandon Moore, Bart Scott, Jeff Cumberland, Josh Mauga, etc.... The Jets probably have more UDFAs on their roster than any other team in the league.

Why does the bar keep moving for this kid with you? His accuracy was significantly better on Sunday than its been in the past. He threw the ball away instead of forcing throws.

The kid made two mistakes and you guys are blowing them way the **** out of proportion. No credit for the two-minute drill at the end of the first half? No credit for the Plax TD drive?

You're all ******* insane. He's never going to be perfect but guess what? No one is!

Even the great Tom Brady threw an incredible bad interception Monday night. It happens. Your standards are unrealistic.

It's not the mistakes. It's the duration of the game where he's wholly ineffective.

Leonhard ? Really ? When did we draft him ? Westerman was up aganist other undrafted FA's to make the squad as was Cumberland and Dixon unless you can think of drafted players they competed aganist . Do a better job BRO.

It's not the mistakes. It's the duration of the game where he's wholly ineffective.

Umm, he was ineffective because he didn't have any time to throw. Rex even said after the game that the Jets were slow to adjust to what Rob was doing with his blitz schemes. Once Schotty pulled his head out of his a$$ and made adjustments, the offense and Sanchez was fine.

I think Sanchez played well on Sunday night yeah he lost a fumble on a backside hit and threw an INT to a player he didnt see but hey he also had 2 TD's and 335 yards passing so Im not sure what you want from the guy EY. And yes I have been calling for more weapons on offense because I think we are lacking in that area. Sorry man its just how I feel I dont really want to argue about it anymore Im rooting for the guys we have hopefully they get it done. I would not be sad if the Jets signed a Randy Moss and dumped Mason. :)

Is this a new post, or did you just replace Pennington's name with Sanchez and Coles's name with Mason?

Give me a call when these guys do anything .... Also you know damn well McKnights Blocked punt was pure scheme since he ran right up the middle untouched. It was the equivelant of Gholstons first sack as a Jet when he ran untouched to the QB and people got all excited. Funny were using our starting Corner to return kicks and Kerly is playing himself out of a job as PR.

Who cares? He still made the play and we won the f***ing game. Westhoff can't block the punt FOR them.

Mike DeVito, Brandon Moore, Bart Scott, Jeff Cumberland, Josh Mauga, etc.... The Jets probably have more UDFAs on their roster than any other team in the league.

We have another winner Bart Scott LOL . Im talking about competing with Draft picks and players that were actully signed to our team not the ravens

Yep, the Jets have no offensive weapons. Nevermind the 8 different players that caught a pass. Nevermind the best WR duo in the league in Holmes and Plaxico. Nevermind Keller roaming the middle of the field with Cumberland. And the loaded backfield. Those guys arent weapons.

Yep, all scheme. McKnight didnt do anything. Damn Kerley, didnt do anything in his first ever NFL game. Guy sucks. CUT HIM!!!

Yeah this team has plenty of speedy young playmakers. Cut this bum.

And, these are the reasons for Tannenbaum's "gap genius" status.

We've done well with UDFAs that don't cost much, freeing us up to make those big moves.

Archived