How loud was it at the Opener with the Cowgirlies, do we have Metlife advantage

BornJetsFan1983

Watching on TV family in the other room mentioned how they heard the J E T S JETS JETS JETS chants. I always remember hearing them before but it seemed like the crowd really got into it in the 4th, I think the chant came up during the Cowboys last or one of last drives and cause a couple of their guys to go offsides.

SO my questions is if anyone was at the game and give first hand insight, or anyone whe might know, is Metlife going to provide a legit home-field advantage for us this year?

The loudest I have heard in one moment is still the end of the Texans game last year... but as far as consistent noise goes... the fourth Q against the Cowboys was fantastic... great learning experience for all the fans who are too lazy to cheer earlier in the game.. it really makes a difference.

I was there Sunday. The funny thing is u felt the magic in the air walking into the stadium u knew it was going to be a special night. I thought it was loud opening drive. Cowboys moving the ball so well and scoring on their first drive kinda took the life out of the crowd. Jets stagnate offense didn't help either. After Sanchez threw that pick and being down 2 td's u had that some old jets feeling. I remember screaming my head off until I was dizzy and banging my hands on the metal barricade in front of us until my hands were sore. The Plax TD gave us life again and u felt we were going to pull it off some how some way. The blocked punt, and Pouah's strip had the crowd back in it and we had the Cowboys shook as you saw on the back to back penalties. Once Revis picked off Romo I can't even explain the feeling and noise coming out of that stadium at that moment. One of the most memorable moments I've ever had as a jets fan.

I was there Sunday. The funny thing is u felt the magic in the air walking into the stadium u knew it was going to be a special night. I thought it was loud opening drive. Cowboys moving the ball so well and scoring on their first drive kinda took the life out of the crowd. Jets stagnate offense didn't help either. After Sanchez threw that pick and being down 2 td's u had that some old jets feeling. I remember screaming my head off until I was dizzy and banging my hands on the metal barricade in front of us until my hands were sore. The Plax TD gave us life again and u felt we were going to pull it off some how some way. The blocked punt, and Pouah's strip had the crowd back in it and we had the Cowboys shook as you saw on the back to back penalties. Once Revis picked off Romo I can't even explain the feeling and noise coming out of that stadium at that moment. One of the most memorable moments I've ever had as a jets fan.

Agreed it was a special night.

Thanks for making your first post. Looking forward to talking Jets with you during the Super Bowl season!!!

Welcome to JN Revez. Great post! Agree with you across the board too. Hopefully you post more here.

Did I do it right Max?

Welcome to JN Revez. Great post! Agree with you across the board too. Hopefully you post more here.

Did I do it right Max?

Yes. That was a good example of being nice to a new poster.

Something I hope to see a lot more of, thanks! :shake:

I was there. Loudest game I have been to. We caused at least 2 off sides late in the game. I lost my voice the next day screaming so load and I'm not really a yelled at games. It wasn't Arrowhead, but pretty damn close. Great energy.

I just got my voice back yesterday!

Yeah, you could hear it on TV. I was at the game in Mangini's last year where Ellis recovered that fumble against Buffalo for a TD and saved the game. Everyone in the crowd thought he'd saved the season, never heard that place like that. Reminded me a lot when I saw Revis pick that throw off.

As a 30 year attendee I thought the place was much louder on a consistent basis then I am accustomed to.

It was my time at new place,

I think perhaps the overall layout with the stands being so high can create more of an amphitheater effect

Not sure if the occasion had the crowd in a more raucous mood though.

Still was in awe on the large number of "fans" leaving during certain parts ie cowboys last score 24-10

and Sanchez fumble. Amazing to me.

Archived