To all the haters...Sanchez 16th-ranked QB on FO

Jetsfan80

The best part of this thread though, besides the obvious failure of the concept that 16th is something to be happy about, is that one pathetic dolphins fan is trying to make it a Henne/Sanchez thread.

If Henne's better than Sanchez (which is a stretch, and Sanchez isn't very good), then all that means is the Jets are SO much better than the Dolphins that the QBs don't matter and the Dolphins basically just suck.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16th? For the #5 pick three years ago? We're celebrating mediocrity? Last I checked ther were 32 teams in the NFL. And our QB is 16th...and that is somehow reason for celebration? WTF is wrong with u people? Mason Holmes Buress Keller and Ladainina freakin Thomlinson. And he's 16th. You know what? Henne is better. He's better because he's got brian hartline and Davone Bess to throw to. Damn. Give it up already.

I find the number of people in this thread who are so stupid as to think 80 was saying 16th is good to be quite hilarious. Some of you are going off a little premature these days with any chance to jump on a little Sanchez-bashing. Might be time to go change those pants.

To be fair Bleedin, its possible they thought I was serious. I mean, 16th IS way better than Sanchez's ranking last year (21st).

16th? For the #5 pick three years ago? We're celebrating mediocrity? Last I checked ther were 32 teams in the NFL. And our QB is 16th...and that is somehow reason for celebration? WTF is wrong with u people? Mason Holmes Buress Keller and Ladainina freakin Thomlinson. And he's 16th. You know what? Henne is better. He's better because he's got brian hartline and Davone Bess to throw to. Damn. Give it up already.

Yeah! Because Brandon Marshall is terrible!

That'll show those math nerds. How dare they not quantify potential and grit and adjust the numbers accordingly. Buncha Texas Instruments dorks if ya ask me.

Dude, this has nothing to do with FO's ratings, which are probably the most accurate representation of QB performance out there because of the variables they take into consideration.

It's simply ridiculous to claim this kid will never get better. As was pointed out earlier in this thread, if people judged Drew Brees as harshly as some are judging Sanchez at the same point in his career, he'd likely be out of the NFL by now.

The kid is getting better and there really is no proof he limits this team's prospects.

Dude, this has nothing to do with FO's ratings, which are probably the most accurate representation of QB performance out there because of the variables they take into consideration.

It's simply ridiculous to claim this kid will never get better. As was pointed out earlier in this thread, if people judged Drew Brees as harshly as some are judging Sanchez at the same point in his career, he'd likely be out of the NFL by now.

The kid is getting better and there really is no proof he limits this team's prospects.

People dont get better at things Klacko. Especially once they are overhill at the age of 24 years old.

He is what he is and thats all he is. Super smexy, not very good at QB'ing, I'm shocked he's in the league.

I think the best we can all hope for is Sanchez finishes out his contract, goes to Seattle to play with Carroll, and hopefully Tavaris Jackson hits the open market and the Jets can swoop and make a big splash in FA to grab his talents.

SUPER BOWL!!!!

The argument has generally been that he's sucked in the past and that he's sucked through two games. Period. That this is becoming the general retort is beginning to get a bit tiresome. At some point you simply have to start just evaluating a player on how he plays and not something so stupid as improvement from god-awful to very bad, or immeasurable as potential.

That'll show those math nerds. How dare they not quantify potential and grit and adjust the numbers accordingly. Buncha Texas Instruments dorks if ya ask me.

The only problem is when some of the math nerds need to keep jumping around to decide which stats they decide count most based on which fit to their already pre-determined opinion, people start to even give less of a crap what they think.

No, but JN math nerds certainly do.

I don't even know what this means. If you're really going to be playing the Joe Camel angle going forward in the 'Why it's not OK to judge Sanchez based on how he's played' argument, you may just want to stick to the grit and potential side of the debate because that's at least something that can't be debunked without a single Spiderman gif.

I don't even know what this means. If you're really going to be playing the Joe Camel angle going forward in the 'Why it's not OK to judge Sanchez based on how he's played' argument, you may just want to stick to the grit and potential side of the debate because that's at least something that can't be debunked without a single Spiderman gif.

It means that we've been repeatedly told why all of the statistics prove certain people's opinions unquestionably right, but what stats matter most seems to change with the wind depending on which ones make Sanchez look the worst. I'm far from praising the kid's play, but I know the difference between someone analysing the situation and coming to conclusions based on it and those making up their mind and then trying to bend the facts to fit their agenda, and there's been plenty of the latter around here lately. The list of Jets players and coaches I've sh*t on around here is a mile long, so if anyone really thinks my issue is with anyone daring to criticize a player then I don't know what to tell you.

It means that we've been repeatedly told why all of the statistics prove certain people's opinions unquestionably right, but what stats matter most seems to change with the wind depending on which ones make Sanchez look the worst. I'm far from praising the kid's play, but I know the difference between someone analysing the situation and coming to conclusions based on it and those making up their mind and then trying to bend the facts to fit their agenda, and there's been plenty of the latter around here lately. The list of Jets players and coaches I've sh*t on around here is a mile long, so if anyone really thinks my issue is with anyone daring to criticize a player then I don't know what to tell you.

tumblr_lrop2x2L0q1qj41h3o1_500.jpg

Archived