Glad we're sitting Mangold

NJ

Yup-and like Rex said yesterday "sometimes you have to protect a player from themselves". I'm kind of excited to see what this Colin Baxter has-is anybody else. I mean look at us through the years, we've had damn good O-lines and guys come out of nowhere to be starters-Brandon Moore was one-Matt Slauson, I haven't read one Thread on him since like his second game

Yup-and like Rex said yesterday "sometimes you have to protect a player from themselves". I'm kind of excited to see what this Colin Baxter has-is anybody else. I mean look at us through the years, we've had damn good O-lines and guys come out of nowhere to be starters-Brandon Moore was one-Matt Slauson, I haven't read one Thread on him since like his second game

Ive heard Baxter is looking good and working hard with Turner and Mangold, and Im waiting to see what hes got vs a stout D-line too.

Because of the Mangold injury, this may become a game where our defense must come through left and right. With all that said, even without Mangold, I'm still expecting our offense to put up a solid 3-4 TD's against this Raiders defense.

But yes, I'm not glad to see Mangold hurt, but I'm glad to see him sitting out this game against a MUCH weaker Raiders team (when compared to the Jets). When I heard reports of Mangold on the verge of playing I thought two things: A) At least it's not as serious (4-6 weeks) as I once thought but B.) If he plays hurt, and injures it even worse? Ugh.

Not trying to over-look the Raiders, but we have the Ravens up next, followed by the Patriots. I'd love to see Mangold back for the Patriots game, we NEED Mangold back for the Patriots game... If that means resting Mangold next week against Baltimore, just to assure that he's 100% with NO CHANCE of hurting his ankle against the Patriots, then so be it.

He's too important to our team, and our SB hopes, to risk losing for even longer during a regular season game against either the Raiders or Ravens. Rushing this injury and Mangold back into the starting lineup could become a franchise nightmare. Let it heal.

Because of the Mangold injury, this may become a game where our defense must come through left and right. With all that said, even without Mangold, I'm still expecting our offense to put up a solid 3-4 TD's against this Raiders defense.

But yes, I'm not glad to see Mangold hurt, but I'm glad to see him sitting out this game against a MUCH weaker Raiders team (when compared to the Jets). When I heard reports of Mangold on the verge of playing I thought two things: A) At least it's not as serious (4-6 weeks) as I once thought but B.) If he plays hurt, and injures it even worse? Ugh.

Not trying to over-look the Raiders, but we have the Ravens up next, followed by the Patriots. I'd love to see Mangold back for the Patriots game, we NEED Mangold back for the Patriots game... If that means resting Mangold next week against Baltimore, just to assure that he's 100% with NO CHANCE of hurting his ankle against the Patriots, then so be it.

He's too important to our team, and our SB hopes, to risk losing for even longer during a regular season game against either the Raiders or Ravens. Rushing this injury and Mangold back into the starting lineup could become a franchise nightmare. Let it heal.

i honestly don't want him playing the pats if he is still hurt. You know wilfork won't hesitate to take a shot at that ankle.

Archived