Patriots Week?

JiFtheOracle

I think folks are in denial over having to play the Pats this week. It's tough heading in to a game against one of your most hated rivals knowing that you're playing like $h!t.

I think folks are in denial over having to play the Pats this week. It's tough heading in to a game against one of your most hated rivals knowing that you're playing like $h!t.

Hey, I get it. I dont think we'll win...but its still the Pats and I want to the Jets to beat the snot out of them.

I mean honestly, if the OL can get it together, we can beat the Pats. Their defense is the worst in the league and we're just the team to shut down Brady and Co. As bad as the Jets are playing, they match up much better vs. the Pats than they do the Ravens.

The Pats Pass Defense is the worst in the league....could be the worst in the world. The Run Defense is "okay." Which is why I beleive it would be DUMB to pound and ground this weekend....but by all means, please do.

Read in the paper this morrning pats have put up 2,000 yards of offense first 4 games and given up 1800 or so on defense also!

Run and shoot backyard football

They havent played a defense like the Jets. Rex knows how to stop Brady (sans 1 game). If the OL can be a shell of its former self...the Jets could win. I'm not counting on it, but that is the fact of the matter.

I don't think either the Jets fans or the Pats fans here are really happy about the way their teams are playing.

The Pats D still can't stop a nosebleed

The Jets O can make the nose bleed.

I agree with Garb though, the Pats pass D is awful and the reason why the brought in Haynesworth, Ellis and 32 other D-Lineman was to stop the Jets running game.

Use Max protection and at least give Sanchez a chance to throw the ball.

Have you seen the Patriots "pass rush?" Max protect is not necessary at all.

Whatever is the opposite of the "unstoppable force vs the immovable object" is what is going to happen on the field Sunday. The untalented end vs the incapable tackle? It's the battle of who can suck just a little bit less. I'm not sure what to expect, maybe every time Sanchez drops back to pass the lineman on both sides of the ball will just fall over.

This is a big game for the Pats. A loss would put them at 1-2 in the Division and 3-2 in the AFC. A win would put you guys at 1-0 in the Division and 2-2 in the AFC with a chance to go 2-0 in the Division and 3-2 in the AFC with a win over the Dolphins the following week.

This is a big game for the Pats. A loss would put them at 1-2 in the Division and 3-2 in the AFC. A win would put you guys at 1-0 in the Division and 2-2 in the AFC with a chance to go 2-0 in the Division and 3-2 in the AFC with a win over the Dolphins the following week.

I actually think its a lot bigger game for you guys than the Jets. There is zero pressure on the Jets...nobody is giving them a chance. The truth is, they could lose and still go into the bye week 4-3 and be 1-1 in the division and 3-2 in the AFC. Thats not awful.

The Pats lose, they have much more to overcome if comes down to tie breakers at the end of the season.

I actually think its a lot bigger game for you guys than the Jets. There is zero pressure on the Jets...nobody is giving them a chance. The truth is, they could lose and still go into the bye week 4-3 and be 1-1 in the division and 3-2 in the AFC. Thats not awful.

The Pats lose, they have much more to overcome if comes down to tie breakers at the end of the season.

Sure is.

The Pats first half schedule is odd as they only play 2 NFC teams (Cowboys and Giants) while playing 3 Division games and 3 other AFC games. If you guys beat the Pats and then the Pats lose in Pittsburgh in a few weeks they could be sitting at 3-4 in the AFC.

From ESPN Boston http://espn.go.com/b...ots-praise#more

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Who will Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis defend this week in New England? Rex Ryan wasn't tipping his hand Wednesday.

"Whoever we put him on," quipped Ryan. "How’s that?"

When pressed if a decision had been made, Ryan added: "We have, but that doesn't mean I have to tell you or anybody else. Whoever we put him on, he’ll cover. If that’s [Deion] Branch, if that’s [Wes] Welker, if it’s Chad Ochocinco, or, you know, [former Patriots wide receiver] Randy Vataha. It doesn’t matter, he’ll cover him."

In a nutshell, that was Ryan's teleconference. He mixed in a few doses of humor while lamenting his own team's recent struggles and heaping praise on the Patriots' offense. Like New England coaches and players, he admitted it was a big game, but didn't offer any sort of bulletin-board fodder that has seemed to slip out before past matchups.

Boasting a 2-2 record and having been throttled by the Baltimore Ravens last week might have taken a little of the bravado out of Ryan. Now as the Jets look to rebound against an AFC East foe, Ryan wouldn't offer up any of his game plan, remaining coy on the injury status of center Nick Mangold and refusing to bite on who we might see matched up against Welker.

"I think the big thing [with Welker] would be, he plays in the slot a lot of times and it’s hard to get [at him]," Ryan said when asked why teams don't put their best cover corner on him more often. "He's not just an outside receiver, he’s a slot receiver and, a lot of times, there's pick routes and all those type of things that are tough to defend."

Then Ryan went to the humor: "It looks like, to me, Welker is struggling this year -- 40 catches. And this offense in general is struggling. You talk about our offense, but New England is second in scoring offense -- if you want to talk about struggling, I think they need to look at themselves first."

A few more highlights from Ryan's call:

* On improving the play of the Jets' offensive line: "I'd just like to add one player: I’d like to bring Nick Mangold back, I think that will be a big help for us. I’m definitely hopeful that Nick will play. I think that, you take out the best center in football, and no offense to Collin Baxter, but there’s only one Nick Mangold in this league. When he went out, that was really a big loss for us and hopefully he’ll be back in ready to play this week. Obviously, with Vince [Wilfork] and all those guys -- I don’t know about [Albert] Haynesworth's status -- but with all those guys they have up front, we need Nick."

* On his evaluation of the Patriots' pass rush: "The Haynesworth kid only played [two] game, but he was a dominant player. Then, obviously Vince -- I think Vince should probably move to safety, that might be the next move for Vince. They’re doing a great job. They do what they do, they force takeaways, they're playing better in red zone. Their defense, statistically, it never ranked way up there. It's not like they were [No.] 1-2 in league in defense. They are effective, they make you make mistakes, they don’t give up the run, they do great job playing the run, and they don’t have ball shot over their heads -- that's what they do. Now, I expect them to come after us more because we didn’t do a great job protecting our quarterback [last week and] I would expect more pressure from New England this week."

* On DL Shaun Ellis' play in New England: "I think Shaun is an excellent player, no question about it. They brought in [Andre] Carter, they brought in Shaun, they brought in Haynesworth, all to add to what they already have. Obviously, it's an upgrade from what New England had. Shaun’s an excellent player, he can play a 3-4 defensive end, play in a 4-3 defense... I think it was good move by Belichick to bring him in, he is a guy that can play any defense you've got."

I don't think this game is a must game at all. Sure, two division losses would suck.....but it's week five people. Get a grip already. Lament all you want closer to Thanksgiving.

Who said it was a must win? Gainzo and I agreed its a HUGE game, more so for the Pats. Which it is. Regarding the Jets, I've stated numerous times losing this game doesnt really matter...we could still go into the bye at 4-3. Thats not awful considering the stretch the Jets had on the road.

So should I tell you to get a grip because your defense could improve?

I think you just like to make statements to hear youself talk (or type) because no where in this thread did anyone call this a must win.

Who said it was a must win? Gainzo and I agreed its a HUGE game, more so for the Pats. Which it is. Regarding the Jets, I've stated numerous times losing this game doesnt really matter...we could still go into the bye at 4-3. Thats not awful considering the stretch the Jets had on the road.

I think you just like to make statements to hear youself talk (or type) because no where in this thread did anyone call this a must win.

Not sure where Garb is coming from. The Pats have won the AFCE outright 7 times since the 2002 season. When they didn't win the AFCE (2002, 2008) they lost on tiebreakers. That's not even my point!

The point is that the Pats haven't lost more than 2 Division games in a season since realignment, which occured before the 2002 season when the Colts went to the AFC South.

2 Division losses would be a big issue for the Pats going forward as they have to travel to the Jets in a month or so.

'scuse me, Spicoli ....."big" game....and honestly, I don't think it's that big.

You boys are stoopid.

:)

Archived