We All Know What We Are Seeing This Year

SoFlaJets

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

me too, or trade for Reggie Wayne today

You'd be going from one receiver that has lost a step, to another... BUT Rex seems to look at players like that dude at your fantasy draft that picks players that were awesome 3 years ago... always evaluating players based on what they "have done" and not on what they are trending towards going forward... LT, Plaxico, Mason...

I'd take Wayne over MSW any day. MSW couldn't even stick with the Rams, one of the worst WR groups in the NFL, no thanks.

With Sims-Walker you retain the draft pick with which you can draft a longer term solution. Don't want to pay the compensation needed to get a Reggie Wayne and then have to pay his salary, too. We already have Holmes at big bucks. All things considered, MSW is the way to go.

You'd be going from one receiver that has lost a step, to another... BUT Rex seems to look at players like that dude at your fantasy draft that picks players that were awesome 3 years ago... always evaluating players based on what they "have done" and not on what they are trending towards going forward... LT, Plaxico, Mason...

but at least he can catch the ball and tries

The first change I would make is to try and move on from Plaxico. I would contact Mike Sims-Walker and see if we can bring him in for the rest of the year.

Dude. Mike Sims-Walker was too bad for the Jaguars and they have maybe the worst receiving corps in the league. Plax has been bad, Sims-Walker is incompetent.

Which brings me to a question, whens the last time we saw a WR develop for the Jets into anything more than a #3 receiver?

Plax stinks. There is no one out there to replace him.

Give Pat Turner a few snaps to see what he can do. He can't be worst then Plax right now. At least Sanchez is familiar with Turner

I wouldn't mind seeing either of the McKnight's at that WR position

Dude. Mike Sims-Walker was too bad for the Jaguars and they have maybe the worst receiving corps in the league. Plax has been bad, Sims-Walker is incompetent.

Check your facts, he left the Jags as a free agent to sign with the Rams. They just released him after 4 games. In most of those games, he was their most thrown to wide receiver. The guy may have a big mouth, but he is 26 and a bit of an athletic freak. Check his numbers in Jacksonville, he was developing into a pretty nice receiver. I think there is something there.

Check your facts, he left the Jags as a free agent to sign with the Rams. They just released him after 4 games. In most of those games, he was their most thrown to wide receiver. The guy may have a big mouth, but he is 26 and a bit of an athletic freak. Check his numbers in Jacksonville, he was developing into a pretty nice receiver. I think there is something there.

Dude, I live in Jacksonville. No one in this town was crying over this dude leaving.

Braylon Edwards was also an athletic freak, just sayin. I thought part of the reason the Rams dropped MSW was poor route running and terrible hands, way too many drops.

While I agree the offseason moves at WR have been a pretty big failure, putting LT in with that group I think is beyond insulting to the guy. He's worked out extremely well for the Jets. He may not be playing like the future HOFer he was a few years ago, but he's still a hell of a talent and has done everything the Jets hoped he would for them plus much more thanks to Greene's early season sucktitude last year. Hell, he's even been a far better receiver for the Jets than either of those guys.

While I agree the offseason moves at WR have been a pretty big failure, putting LT in with that group I think is beyond insulting to the guy. He's worked out extremely well for the Jets. He may not be playing like the future HOFer he was a few years ago, but he's still a hell of a talent and has done everything the Jets hoped he would for them plus much more thanks to Greene's early season sucktitude last year. Hell, he's even been a far better receiver for the Jets than either of those guys.

Agreed.

LT's been a good Jet.

McKnight was on the field for two plays. Was thrown to twice. Caught both of them.

Guy needs more snaps

Yeah, I saw that snap count in one of the articles you posted and that's really amazing if you think about it. It really boggles the mind that this guy isn't getting more opportunities just to be on the field if nothing else, even if the play isn't designed to go to him.

I completely disagree with this thread and most poster here. Sure is a lot of negativity...jets hardest part of the schedule is out of the way. Lots on time at home now. I see everything coming together and gelling at the right time for this team. I wouldnt mind us trading and picking up someone. Asante Samuel (nah) Peyton Hillis, Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, and Matt Forte are on the block. Plax looked blah last night.

I completely disagree with this thread and most poster here. Sure is a lot of negativity...jets hardest part of the schedule is out of the way. Lots on time at home now. I see everything coming together and gelling at the right time for this team. I wouldnt mind us trading and picking up someone. Asante Samuel (nah) Peyton Hillis, Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, and Matt Forte are on the block. Plax looked blah last night.

Forte is on the trading block? If that was true, which I have a hard time believing, I would trade for him in a heartbeat. He's the only reason the Bears offense isn't abysmal.

This team is all smoke and mirrors and they are stuck with a below avg QB for the next few years.

Granted, this is a better team with Rex at the helm but what exactly have they won besides respect??

Not even an AFCE title and it aint hapening this year either.

I know, I know, I know, they LOST 2 AFCCGs. Sorry but I dont think thats worth bragging about.

You dont hear Buffalo or Minnesota fans bragging about the 4 superbowls they lost do you?

If they were playing a decent team last night they would have been trounced. Just review the 1st 1/3 of the game and think what a good NFL team would have racked up on them after all those 3 and outs and inept play on both sides of the ball.

Forte is on the trading block? If that was true, which I have a hard time believing, I would trade for him in a heartbeat. He's the only reason the Bears offense isn't abysmal.

Per espn this morning that they would consider it. Rememeber he is look for a new deal. Lots of ways to aquired him...could be a difference maker. Shonn Green is not an every down back and I still think he should be on the team, but push comes to shove I trade him in a package for Forte.

Per espn this morning that they would consider it. Rememeber he is look for a new deal. Lots of ways to aquired him...could be a difference maker. Shonn Green is not an every down back and I still think he should be on the team, but push comes to shove I trade him in a package for Forte.

I would make a trade for him a heartbeat. We would still need a bruiser/goal line back which I guess Powell is, but he didn't really instill any confidence in me or the FO IMO that he could be that short yardage guy right now.

Archived