Division race is over as per Peter King

nycdan

But if Holmes and Burress can be the factors they showed Sunday -- Sanchez has to be more accurate in finding them -- the Jets and Buffalo are going to have a good fight for second fiddle in the AFC East.

Oh well...it was exciting while it lasted. Thanks Peter for clearing that up for us all.

I hate articles like King's as much as anyone else.

But what does the team do to build anyone's confidence in them? Spotting our opponents 10-20 points early, and only winning games by 3 isn't going to do it.

Well they do one thing the Patriots haven't managed to do lately. Win a post-season game or four.

;)

But that's not really the point. Look at it this way, three weeks ago, everyone had KC in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Dead...buried...rotting in the ground.

Now they are 3-3 and in the division hunt. King has a blind spot for the Patriots - no surprise - but that offhanded comment comes across as arrogant and I'm just hoping Karma puts a big bite on his large rear end.

I hate articles like King's as much as anyone else.

But what does the team do to build anyone's confidence in them? Spotting our opponents 10-20 points early, and only winning games by 3 isn't going to do it.

Agree. Not to mention the Jets have been playing to the level of their opponents for decades... its not a Rex thing, its not a Mangini thing... they've made it an art form.

I am not sure why Peter King is getting all this grief from JETS fans.

Atleast this week he gives us a chance to be in the fight for second place. Here is what he wrote last week in his column:

Who I Like Tonight, Period.

Miami 23, New York Jets 20. Desperate times, desperate team, desperate win. By the Dolphins, I mean. Regarding the best thing that happened to the New Yorkers on Sunday: On the Sabbath, the Jets shutteth up.

Look at the Jets schedule going forward. If they can beat the Pats in two weeks they are going to end up with a VERY good record.

It should be. The NFCE doesnt scare me at all.

The way I see it, if the Jets can at least split with the Bills and beat the Pats at home (which I think they will), they are a lock for their 3rd straight playoff appereance which will be a first for this franchise.

That said, I dont see the Pats losing enough games for us to win the division.

This. The Jets can win out and the Pats would still win the division at 14-2. There's not enough teams left on the Pats schedule that can beat them. That Cowboy's choke job realy killed it. But turnabout is fair play considering the 'Boys choked against the Jets.

This Steeler-Pats game is huge. The Steelers have to find a way to beat the Pats in their own building, which the Steelers haven't been able to do.

These next 5/4 games for both teams will decide the division IMO.

Pats (@Steelers, Giants, @Jets, Chiefs @Eagles)

Jets (@Bills, Pats, @Broncos, Bills)

The Pats need to go no better than 3-2 and the Jets 4-0 in order for the Jets to win the division

This. The Jets can win out and the Pats would still win the division at 14-2. There's not enough teams left on the Pats schedule that can beat them. That Cowboy's choke job realy killed it. But turnabout is fair play considering the 'Boys choked against the Jets.

This Steeler-Pats game is huge. The Steelers have to find a way to beat the Pats in their own building, which the Steelers haven't been able to do.

The Pats need to go no better than 3-2 and the Jets 4-0 in order for the Jets to win the division

Meh, I've already coneded the division to the Pats. They are a regular season juggernaut. I'm just hoping for another shot at a playoff victory in their house...but some how having all WC teams at the end of the playoffs with our team having the better record and getting the Championship game at home.

Meh, I've already coneded the division to the Pats. They are a regular season juggernaut. I'm just hoping for another shot at a playoff victory in their house...but some how having all WC teams at the end of the playoffs with our team having the better record and getting the Championship game at home.

I'm still shooting for the No. 2 seed, but your scenario seems likely (except for title game @ JetLife)

I think the Jets actually have the easier road there. I think the Bills are ready to come crashing down to earth as the schedule gets tougher. The Pats can actually lose four of those five games if defenses play up to their capability.

That scenario is not out of the question by any stretch of the imagination. I give it about a 50/50 chance of happening.

I'm still shooting for the No. 2 seed, but your scenario seems likely (except for title game @ JetLife)

Ofcourse we are, but let be honest...the Pats arent losing more than 4 games and the Jets only losing 1 more the rest of the way is a bit unrealistic. I'm hoping for like a Steelers team to limp in with a 10-6 record, make a run and find us with an 11-5 record and the Jets host AFCG at JetLife.

I think the Jets actually have the easier road there. I think the Bills are ready to come crashing down to earth as the schedule gets tougher. The Pats can actually lose four of those five games if defenses play up to their capability.

That scenario is not out of the question by any stretch of the imagination. I give it about a 50/50 chance of happening.

Now thats bold!!!

Ofcourse we are, but let be honest...the Pats arent losing more than 4 games and the Jets only losing 1 more the rest of the way is a bit unrealistic. I'm hoping for like a Steelers team to limp in with a 10-6 record, make a run and find us with an 11-5 record and the Jets host AFCG at JetLife.

Now thats bold!!!

I wanted to go out on a limb. You know how it is...

It's possible, but the problem is that Tom Brady has never lost 3 games in a row and he's only lost 2 games in a row twice in 10 yrs. That's crazy. Some unprecedented stuff has to happen for the Jets and Pats just to be tied at the end of the season.

See what I mean? LOL The Eagles and Steelers are in turmoil. Sanchez is still a fraud.

Easy road? The Jets still havent proven that they can stop the run. Bills, Pats and Broncos (Tebow!) can run the ball.

It should be. The NFCE doesnt scare me at all.

The way I see it, if the Jets can at least split with the Bills and beat the Pats at home (which I think they will), they are a lock for their 3rd straight playoff appereance which will be a first for this franchise.

13-3 is still a possibility

See what I mean? LOL The Eagles and Steelers are in turmoil. Sanchez is still a fraud.

Easy road? The Jets still havent proven that they can stop the run. Bills, Pats and Broncos (Tebow!) can run the ball.

The Eagles and Steelers aren't in "turmoil." They just haven't been as good as the idiots in the media thought they were going to be.

Sanchez is a fraud? The fraud who has outplayed Brady in half of their meetings, including on the road in the Pats house in the playoffs? That's my kind of fraud, pal. Sanchez ain't a superstar by any stretch of the imagination, but calling him a "fraud" is just downright inaccurate. Your lack of understanding of the English language makes debating you a waste of time.

The Broncos can run the ball? They've racked up so many victories due to their running game this year, it's impressive. :rolleyes:

Do you even watch football?

I love how everyone just dismisses Buffalo. The Bills are no joke, folks.

nobody who watches the game is dismissive of the Bills, in fact a lot of Jets fans figure a split is probable. OTH, they have lost 2 in a row and could very well revert back to the Bills at any moment

I love how everyone just dismisses Buffalo. The Bills are no joke, folks.

The Bills have won one game away from home against a sh*tty team. So far they've had a very favorable schedule. They even caught the Pats at just the right moment. They play a "home" game in Toronto (no joke?) this Sunday against the Redskins which they will probably win.

Then they've got five very tough games left on their schedule. I'll say they are going to lose all five of those and probably one or two more that they have no business losing.

They will finish no better than 9-7, more likely 7-9. The Bills are not for real. We've seen this movie before in Buffalo and it never ends well.

Archived