CANT WAIT!!!!

The Mytee Markjets

I " CANT WAIT "...To watch a game where the overly mouthy Mr.Scott isnt being road-paved by the other teams TE!!! Every game, whenever we get gashed on the run, you can be sure that the camera finds this bum being paved!!! Unacceptable!! Maybin is better, Im sick of his act. Bart is decent , at best!!! He needs to go......GO JETS!!!! :box:

I will honor that shot. I dont know what a linebacker is supposed to do..im such an idiot. However, I DO know that a LB has the dutie to tackle, cover , and sack the QB. Their role however, is NOT to be a non-factor in games. Be honest, Do you really believe this guy is any good? Ive had enough talk...Show me!!

I wasnt saying that you dont know what a Linebacker is supposed to do, but that you dont know what Bart Scott is supposed to do.

Scott's role in this defense is to take on lineman, TE's, full backs, so that David Harris and others are free to fly around and make tackle. He doesn't care about tackle numbers for himself, or being the "sexy" player.

Im also not saying that he is good in coverage, because honestly none of our LBs are great in coverage, but to look at Scott's numbers or that he was busy taking on a block so that someone else could make the play, and say that he is a non-factor in the game is quite ridiculous.

Im not in a debate w u...u makre great points. My stance is still that Ive watched enough football in 40 years, to make an intelligent observatiion. Ive also watched B. Scott when he was in B-More. Even then, his football accumen seemed to be below the standard, set by their defense. Whom, by no coincedence, was sneakily similar to oours. I think that Rex knows more than I do abt his defense, but when he left, Bart became mysteriously available. I tink his "role" is defined by more than the points u made. To me , his play isnt where it needs to be,especially considering that the Ravens dont seem to have that problem w their LBS. C'mon man.

Bart Scott gives much more than he gets. He is the absolute heart and soul of this defense. Watch how often he takes away the running back's first option. They bounce outside and Pace/Thomas (now, Westerman) are there to clean up. If they cut back or bounce upfield it should be Harris (or Smith) making the play. But its the fact of the misdirection that makes 'the play' - sometimes moreso than the tackle itself. Plus, Scott delivers crushing blows, which I'm sure isn't fun for the full back or guard.

I'll grant that he seems to be missing more tackles than I've seen before. But Jet fans should direct there criticism elsewhere. The guy gives it up every play.

I haven't keyed on Scott much this year, so I can't say if he is having a better or worse year than normal. I will agree with Joe 100% though, Scott's roll is slightly different. I don't remember seeing a LB having to sacrifice himself so much at the site of a pulling guard. It is the kind of thing that will have his #s not be really impressive.

That is why it is a team effort.

Scott has the toughest job of any Inside or middle LBers in the NFL. Playing the "stay home" ILB in a 3-4 is tough enough because the guards are usually "uncovered" by a d-lineman compared to a tradtional 4-3. Now add to that the fact that, unlike virtually all other 3-4 teams that play two gap, the Jets play a one gap with their d-linemen most of the time. So do the Ravens, but Nagata automatically get double teamed every play making it easier for the Raven stay home ILB who plays next to Lewis. So, depending on what gaps Pouha and co. shoot for, Scott can have either guard or the center coming at him from different directions right after the snap of the ball. Tough job. And he excels at it.

The Jets played a different defense yesterday. Mauga played a lot which doesn't bode well for Westerman. I think that Scott played outside a bit.

To the OP: You think Bart Scott gets "washed out" by blockers and you want to use Maybin? Maybin has trouble overpowering halfbacks. He has nice speed and pass rush moves, but he'd probably be our 3rd or 4th best safety against the run. At LB against the run he is close to useless other than running people down from behind.

The Jets played a different defense yesterday. Mauga played a lot which doesn't bode well for Westerman. I think that Scott played outside a bit.

To the OP: You think Bart Scott gets "washed out" by blockers and you want to use Maybin? Maybin has trouble overpowering halfbacks. He has nice speed and pass rush moves, but he'd probably be our 3rd or 4th best safety against the run. At LB against the run he is close to useless other than running people down from behind.

Mauga played ILB when Harris missed some plays with an ankle injury. It seemed to me that Mauga played the Scott 'crash' role and that Scott played the Harris role.

Be honest, you really dont understand Bart's role in this defense do you?

I know Scott's role is to occupy blockers to free up Harris, but Bart Scott is overpaid and is no longer the same player. He is slow and caused plenty of big runs for us this season. One of them was McFadden's 70 yard run.

Ray Rice barely made a move on Sunday Night and Bart Scott did not even touch him. We're spending too much money for a LB that occupies blockers.

I " CANT WAIT "...To watch a game where the overly mouthy Mr.Scott isnt being road-paved by the other teams TE!!! Every game, whenever we get gashed on the run, you can be sure that the camera finds this bum being paved!!! Unacceptable!! Maybin is better, Im sick of his act. Bart is decent , at best!!! He needs to go......GO JETS!!!! :box:

Maybin is a situational pass rusher who can NOT defend the run on his best day not to mention hes an OLB who is underweight for everydown play. Scott is an unselfish ILB who occupies blockers and does what hes is supposed to do. All that being Said Scott has not played all that well the last 4 weeks .

I know Scott's role is to occupy blockers to free up Harris, but Bart Scott is overpaid and is no longer the same player. He is slow and caused plenty of big runs for us this season. One of them was McFadden's 70 yard run.

Ray Rice barely made a move on Sunday Night and Bart Scott did not even touch him. We're spending too much money for a LB that occupies blockers.

i understand everyone's frustration about Scott, and quite frankly he probably deserves it. he does miss tackles, looks slow and isnt good in coverage. And our right he probably is overpaid.

But he is doing what he was brought in here to do, be Rex on the field and free up other players to make the plays.

that being said, he can do a better job at making plays when he has the chance.

i understand everyone's frustration about Scott, and quite frankly he probably deserves it. he does miss tackles, looks slow and isnt good in coverage. And our right he probably is overpaid.

But he is doing what he was brought in here to do, be Rex on the field and free up other players to make the plays.

that being said, he can do a better job at making plays when he has the chance.

I really like Bart. He does bring toughness to this team, but I think we can find someone else for a lot cheaper to occupy blockers. I mean, we needed him the first two years to help his peers learn the complicated playbook. Now, it's our 3rd year, and all the players are grasping the defense.

We can put that money into a pass rusher if anything or even a safety.

I really like Bart. He does bring toughness to this team, but I think we can find someone else for a lot cheaper to occupy blockers. I mean, we needed him the first two years to help his peers learn the complicated playbook. Now, it's our 3rd year, and all the players are grasping the defense.

We can put that money into a pass rusher if anything or even a safety.

Definitely a safety, but lets face it as long as Bart is in the league and Rex is this teams head coach, Bart will be on this defense. The same way Leonhard will always be Rex's safety.

Mauga played ILB when Harris missed some plays with an ankle injury. It seemed to me that Mauga played the Scott 'crash' role and that Scott played the Harris role.

It's true that Mauga got more playing time after Harris got hurt, but he was getting some snaps before that and afterwards there were at least a few plays where Mauga and Harris were on the field together. I'm not sure what the schemes were. I hope to rewatch the game and look for what the formations/situations were.

I will honor that shot. I dont know what a linebacker is supposed to do..im such an idiot. However, I DO know that a LB has the dutie to tackle, cover , and sack the QB. Their role however, is NOT to be a non-factor in games. Be honest, Do you really believe this guy is any good? Ive had enough talk...Show me!!

That made me pee my pants.

Sure there are other LB's that are "better" than Scott...age, speed..etc. etc. The reason here is here is because of Rex and the things that Rex does with the defense that Scott knows very well (and that includes Lionhard). Can Maybin do a better good...maybe. But for right now Scott is the man.

Archived