The "Dream Team" loses again.

Jetsfan80

Wow did we get lucky Nnamdi chased the moola and went to the "Dream Team". The conversation about who the better cover corner is between him and Revis Island is officially over. Revis and its not even close.

I'd like to take this opportunity to pat myself on the back for being right, yet again.

I predicted no playoffs for the Eagles and the Giants would win the division.

I'm on fire these days.

Predict the JETS win out and we'll see how good you are Jiffy!

ok - the Gints won't lose to them and and neither will the Jets.

The attitude is great and I hope you are right as I plan to be at the December 4th game at Fed Ex,

Well when was the last time the Jets were even somewhat decent when playing the Skins? 2003 and 2007 were the only times they've played them since 2000, and the Jets were awful both years and starting a backup QB in both games as well. I still actually remember that 2007 game because I actually thought Clemens had a real future for this team after that, easily his best game as a pro. He would've won it too if not for like drops galore on the final drive and in OT, and a horridly awful run D. Their offense will be able to do nothing against this D this year, they're one of the least of my concerns for the remainder of this season.

I was at Fed Ex for the 2003 game, and the Jets should have won it. The Jets are 1-8 against the skins, their only win coming in 1993. I hope they win this year.

I was at Fed Ex for the 2003 game, and the Jets should have won it. The Jets are 1-8 against the skins, their only win coming in 1993. I hope they win this year.

Be that as it may, the '03 Jets were still a 6-10 team who at the time were playing with their backup QB. The '07 team was a 4-12 team also with their backup QB (although that was probably an upgrade that time). None of that should make a damn bit of difference for a vastly superior Jets team this year. Besides, their lifetime record against the Skins is still better than against the Eagles.

We're going to have to cheat our safeties up and bring in Kyle Wilson and probably Maybin to counter Vick's speed. Our linebackers just can't keep up with Vick

Not many can. I'd assume most NFL teams have this same problem as most LB'ers dont run a 4.3. Doesnt change the fact the Eagles are an awful Football team.

Vick doesnt worry me. Shady McCoy does. That dude is a baller.

Aso has always been overrated, and that's because he's always made a living off of shutting down lesser #2 WR's. I never understood how anyone could compare Aso to Revis, when, while Revis was going man to man on the outside, completely eliminating opposing #1 WR's; Aso was taking advantage of lesser # 2's...

While I'll admit Eli is having a good season, he's also pretty much just a rich man's Mark Sanchez at this point. That offense does NOTHING early in games, despite playing mostly god awfully bad defenses all year long. And while the pass rush is certainly impressive, beyond those two things it's an extremely JAGy team. Again, just look at the teams they've played, up until this past Sunday it was pretty much just a list of every one of the worst teams in the NFL. I'm far from convinced. Like I said, I still think they take their division, but I don't think they stand a chance against any other NFC playoff team not from the NFC West (and I'm not even sure how they'll fare against San Fran).

Eli Manning has been the MVP of a Super Bowl more times than Mark Sanchez has been the MVP in any game he's ever played.

Eli Manning has been the MVP of a Super Bowl more times than Mark Sanchez has been the MVP in any game he's ever played.

So your example is of yet another game where the Eli-led offense did next to nothing throughout the game despite a mediocre (at best) defensive opponent while their defense kept them in it and then he pulled a win out of his a$$ in the end? For the love of God, they scored 3 points in the first 3 quarters. Seriously, that game was the absolute definition of a rich man's Sanchez. But hey, he got awarded the MVP just like the winning QB is 99% of the time, so there's that. Anyone who thinks the defense wasn't a far more important factor in that Super Bowl victory is out of their freakin' minds.

So your example is of yet another game where the Eli-led offense did next to nothing throughout the game despite a mediocre (at best) defensive opponent while their defense kept them in it and then he pulled a win out of his a$$ in the end? For the love of God, they scored 3 points in the first 3 quarters. Seriously, that game was the absolute definition of a rich man's Sanchez. But hey, he got awarded the MVP just like the winning QB is 99% of the time, so there's that. Anyone who thinks the defense wasn't a far more important factor in that Super Bowl victory is out of their freakin' minds.

Plus, in all fairness:

mark_sanchez.jpg

So suck on that, Tom.

Sanchez has had some excellent games since being drafted. Fans such as yourself, only choose to remember bad performances of Sanchez such as the Saints, Bills, Jaguars or Falcons games of his rookie season, or the Ravens, Packers or 2nd Patriots game of last year. And now, the only thing fans such as yourself can harp all over Sanchez for, is his performance against the Ravens this season; where our offense had no chance to begin with.

Sanchez has had 10 career games of QB ratings in the 80's, 5 games of QB ratings in the 90's, 7 games of QB ratings in the 100's and 4 games of QB rating's over 120+. So don't sit here and act as if Sanchez "sucks" you little negative critic you. It's sad, but fans such as yourself T0mShane, only remember 7-8 bad performances and completely ignore the 26 games where Sanchez has been VERY productive. Some "fan" you are.

And you wanna talk about Eli Manning? Lets talk about Eli Manning. Eli Manning never had a season with a QB rating of 80+ until his 5th season in the league. QB ratings of 55.4, 75.9, 77.0 and 73.9 before posting a QB rating of 86.4 during his 5th year. Sanchez is only in his 3rd year, with only 1 year of college starting experience, and he's ALREADY at a QB rating of 84.0 (and climbing) here in 2011. Still wanna talk about Eli Manning? It was fans such as YOURSELF, who tried to run Eli out of town... Before giving the kid a fair chance to win the SB.

Eli Manning wasn't the true MVP of that super bowl either. The Giants defense was. Eli Manning and the Giants only put up 17 points and Manning finished with a QB rating of 87.3. The Giants defense kept NE to only 14 points and won the SB for the Giants.

Be that as it may, the '03 Jets were still a 6-10 team who at the time were playing with their backup QB. The '07 team was a 4-12 team also with their backup QB (although that was probably an upgrade that time). None of that should make a damn bit of difference for a vastly superior Jets team this year. Besides, their lifetime record against the Skins is still better than against the Eagles.

Vinny was not your usual awful backup and was not any part of the reason we lost. Hackett called his usual puss-ball gameplan, the rush D sucked, and Martin & Jordan both stunk up the joint. And we still could have won despite all that. It was infuriating.

The Eagles are aweful @ O-line , D-line rush defense, all 3 of their LB's would not be able to start on 90% of teams, and their Safties are mediocre at best.

Not to mention both K and P are rookies if I'm not mistaken.

Despite the talent @ QB, RB, WR, TE, CB, & DE pass rush...they aren't very impressive at all.

Now that I've pointed out the obvious,..

The Jets need to pound the ball to set up the play action over the middle.

Ruffhouse that o line HARD (get a couple flags if need be) and let Maybin spy Vick when he is not pass rushing. Force Vick to his less accurate side (can't remember which side that is) AND HIT HIM HELLA HARD when they get to him.

But let's focus on NE first.

Archived