So basically it goes like this...when the Jets lose blame everything on Sanchez?

Matt39

Whats the reality? That they just got served by Tom Brady?

I still think the Jets are better team then the Pats. Thats just the difference between having a HOF QB and having Mark Sanchez. Then you give him 4 extra chances? Nearly impossible to win.

You've fully become the I rather be right on a message board fan. I'd just embrace it at this point if I were you.

You do know that Tom Brady does in fact come into evaluations of what team is better, when comparing the two, correct?

If "wanting to be right" means that I admit that a team that beat us twice this year, with ease, is better than us, then yes, I guess I want to be right. Seems like the opposite is delusional.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So both of you missed my point.

If the defense makes the play they are supposed to it could have completely changed the game.

Coulda Shoulda Woulda......it is only one game.

The Jets were not eliminated from the playoffs much less the division race.

As last year showed, what happens in the season means little in the playoffs.

JIF, I dont how you come away from that game saying the difference was Sanchez vs Brady...with the amount of ridiculous mistakes the Jets committed last night...that I laid out in the original post.

And I agreed with you 100% the Jets handed this game to the Patriots. It just that Brady was able to capitalize and put the game away with 2 drives that completely took away any chance the Jets had of winning. He was lights out in the 2nd half and completely diced the Jets defense. Dont care how he did it, short passes, long passes, runs...whatever, the Jets had no answer.

So while the turnovers made if very difficult...Brady made it impossible.

You do know that Tom Brady does in fact come into evaluations of what team is better, when comparing the two, correct?

If "wanting to be right" means that I admit that a team that beat us twice this year, with ease, is better than us, then yes, I guess I want to be right. Seems like the opposite is delusional.

The Patriots are better team because of Tom Brady. Agreed. I think the Jets are more talented at almost every position, but it really doesnt matter. Plenty of people had the Jets winning...experts too...but you just came in and blamed it "fans". lol We should all be more like you.

And I agreed with you 100% the Jets handed this game to the Patriots. It just that Brady was able to capitalize and put the game away with 2 drives that completely took away any chance the Jets had of winning. He was lights out in the 2nd half and completely diced the Jets defense. Dont care how he did it, short passes, long passes, runs...whatever, the Jets had no answer.

So while the turnovers made if very difficult...Brady made it impossible.

The Patriots are better team because of Tom Brady. Agreed. I think the Jets are more talented at almost every position, but it really doesnt matter. Plenty of people had the Jets winning...experts too...but you just came in and blamed it "fans". lol We should all be more like you.

While I agree Brady got on and that was over, I'd hardly call it lights out. The reason being, he hardly had to work very hard for it, the defense was pathetic. There isn't a QB in the league who wouldn't have shredded that defense apart last night. They couldn't even line up properly at all the entire night. Players were constantly left completely uncovered and wide open. And on the rare occasion that didn't happen, the Pats just made sure just to go straight at Eric Smith and watch him fall flat on his stupid ******* face.

Strong QB play would make many of our other issues irrelevant. Look at the Packers. They are absolutely pathetic on defense. In fact, coming into this week, they weren't that far behind the Pats (314 ypg) in pass defense (Packers - 300 ypg allowed). Yet because of Aaron Rodgers, they're the best team in football. Funny how that works.

And how many Aaron Rodgers are out there exactly?

Are they cloning him by the dozens?

Geez.

You should be more like me, if not being miserable all day when the Jets do exactly what they're capable of doing happens.

When we beat the Pats in the playoffs, it's all us. We ignore their mistakes, like the Alge Crumpler early dropped TD which could have changed the entire pace of the game. When the Pats handle us easily, it's our own mistakes.

Oh, and since you're concerned with the type of fan that I am... I actually think the Jets have the ability to win out from here, and end this season 12-4. Then, of course, we'll find a way to "not be prepared" for the playoff game, which of course is Jets Fan-speak for, playing someone better.

So basically it goes like this...when the Jets lose blame everything on Sanchez?

WHO is blaming EVERYTHING on Sanchez?

NOBODY IS. The truth is he is average. mediocre. Not good enough to be a real difference in a game.

EVERYONE knows the entire team SUCKED last night. But the Sanchez pole smokers have to continue pushing that everyone blames Sanchez for everything. Get off it already. Accept the fact Sanchez isnt very good. Accept the fact this entire team isnt very good.

While I agree Brady got on and that was over, I'd hardly call it lights out. The reason being, he hardly had to work very hard for it, the defense was pathetic. There isn't a QB in the league who wouldn't have shredded that defense apart last night. They couldn't even line up properly at all the entire night. Players were constantly left completely uncovered and wide open. And on the rare occasion that didn't happen, the Pats just made sure just to go straight at Eric Smith and watch him fall flat on his stupid ******* face.

The problem was pressure. Pressure is what covers up for the fact that we have the worst safeties in the league. You beat Brady by hitting him. I don't think we touched him once. Any QB who stands there all day can eventually pick on Eric Smith, Brady just does it even better.

You dont think that had anything to do with Brady being 1 step ahead of everything the Jets were doing? Some of you are forgetting that the best QB's in this league are defined before the ball is even snapped. Brady made the right call at the LOS time and time again and the Jets had no answer.

And how many Aaron Rodgers are out there exactly?

Are they cloning him by the dozens?

Geez.

I'm not saying I think Sanchez needs to be Rodgers for us to win. I'm saying I want him to perform closer to the top-5 pick he is rather than the bottom-3rd-of-the-league QB he actually is. With the defense we have (that is much better than Green Bay's), even slightly above average QB play would have us in Super Bowl contention.

There were A LOT, again A LOT of communication problems with schemes and alignment. How many times did the Patriots split a wide out that was uncovered at the snap? Five, Six times? Those plays gave up probably 100 total yards alone. That is a communication problem which extends to coaching?

Who is supposed to be the leader of this defense? Last year it seemed that Leonhard would take care of those problems, but no one seems to be doing it now?

Sanchez' gaffe with the time out at the end of the first half was inexcusable. A High school player should know that situation. With that much time on the clock, he should check with the bench first, before calling it himself.

No leaders stepping up on this team

The Jets don't have a great defense, never did under Rex. They were schemed well and the NFL adjusted.

The problem is that the Jets will never win the division while Brady is around unless 1 of 2 things happen--Jets get a great defense or Sanchez becomes a good QB.

The Jets have neither right now and that's why they're 5-4.

You should be more like me, if not being miserable all day when the Jets do exactly what they're capable of doing happens.

When we beat the Pats in the playoffs, it's all us. We ignore their mistakes, like the Alge Crumpler early dropped TD which could have changed the entire pace of the game. When the Pats handle us easily, it's our own mistakes.

Oh, and since you're concerned with the type of fan that I am... I actually think the Jets have the ability to win out from here, and end this season 12-4. Then, of course, we'll find a way to "not be prepared" for the playoff game, which of course is Jets Fan-speak for, playing someone better.

Oh so if I expected them to lose, then I wouldnt be miserable today? lol

While I know you're getting a kick out of it because you were right and the Jets lost...it still stings. You're acting like I'm not a former doom and gloom fan. It still stings...even when you expect to lose. If it didnt, you wouldnt be here right now arguing with me over this. ;-)

So just to be clear, it's your opinion that early in the game when Brady couldn't hit the broad side of a bus yet the Pats were still getting down into field goal range in the blink of an eye, it had nothing to do with the Jets being incapable of even lining up properly nevermind actually execute a defensive play, but in actuality was based solely on the mystic "betterness" of the Pats? The NFL is pretty much the last sport where there is this supposed clear-cut line of "better". The truth is the Pats were fairly mediocre yesterday, but the Jets were so horrendously awful they weren't going to beat any NFL team out there, no matter how good or bad.

You dont think that had anything to do with Brady being 1 step ahead of everything the Jets were doing? Some of you are forgetting that the best QB's in this league are defined before the ball is even snapped. Brady made the right call at the LOS time and time again and the Jets had no answer.

I'm not saying he didn't play well, but Brady didn't magically make the Jets defense so stupid that they consistently left players completely uncovered. That much was made clear in the first half when Brady was playing like absolute crap and still getting the Pats down the field and completely blowing what should have been easy TDs for the Pats.

So just to be clear, it's your opinion that early in the game when Brady couldn't hit the broad side of a bus yet the Pats were still getting down into field goal range in the blink of an eye, it had nothing to do with the Jets being incapable of even lining up properly nevermind actually execute a defensive play, but in actuality was based solely on the mystic "betterness" of the Pats? The NFL is pretty much the last sport where there is this supposed clear-cut line of "better". The truth is the Pats were fairly mediocre yesterday, but the Jets were so horrendously awful they weren't going to beat any NFL team out there, no matter how good or bad.

never criticize Sexy Rexy's defense.

WHO is blaming EVERYTHING on Sanchez?

NOBODY IS. The truth is he is average. mediocre. Not good enough to be a real difference in a game.

EVERYONE knows the entire team SUCKED last night. But the Sanchez pole smokers have to continue pushing that everyone blames Sanchez for everything. Get off it already. Accept the fact Sanchez isnt very good. Accept the fact this entire team isnt very good.

I can't accept the bolded. This is a fantastic team. Perfect? Not at all, but Sanchez is a disaster. What do you think his record would be on an average team?

In a year or so, he will be a backup. And he will take Ryan and this team right down the tubes with him.

Oh so if I expected them to lose, then I wouldnt be miserable today? lol

While I know you're getting a kick out of it because you were right and the Jets lost...it still stings. You're acting like I'm not a former doom and gloom fan. It still stings...even when you expect to lose. If it didnt, you wouldnt be here right now arguing with me over this. ;-)

Am I happy? Of course not. Has it ruined my week like so many people here? Not so much.

As for being here, I've been doing this Jets board thing for 5 or 6 years now. It's a part of the routine and any sting that the game had for me last night, is quickly melted away by my amusement of those who are still here only because their ceiling fan wasn't strong enough to hold their fat asses.

I'm not saying he didn't play well, but Brady didn't magically make the Jets defense so stupid that they consistently left players completely uncovered. That much was made clear in the first half when Brady was playing like absolute crap and still getting the Pats down the field and completely blowing what should have been easy TDs for the Pats.

Again, I think thats because Brady was one step ahead. The Jets couldnt respond. They didnt know what to do. I think its mainly because he's that ******* good pre snap. Never mind how deadly he is once the ball is snapped. Put it this way, if the Jets faced anyone else in the league - do you really think they are having problems lining up?

I can't accept the bolded. This is a fantastic team. Perfect? Not at all, but Sanchez is a disaster. What do you think his record would be on an average team?

In a year or so, he will be a backup. And he will take Ryan and this team right down the tubes with him.

The entire Jets team from top to bottom was so awful yesterday there's not a single QB in the league not-named Aaron Rodgers would have stopped the Jets from losing last night.

5-4. Sanchez isnt a difference maker either way. he's like me at work. There, but not really helping or hurting.

Jets offense didn't impress against the Pats in their first meeting. Why should I have expected them to do so in the 2nd?

Jets defense didn't impress against the Pats in their first meeting. Why should I have expected them to do so in the 2nd?

Am I happy? Of course not. Has it ruined my week like so many people here? Not so much.

As for being here, I've been doing this Jets board thing for 5 or 6 years now. It's a part of the routine and any sting that the game had for me last night, is quickly melted away by my amusement of those who are still here only because their ceiling fan wasn't strong enough to hold their fat asses.

my ceiling fan is there to cool off my fat a$$ sweating in the winter. I use the metal beam in the basement for post-blowout hanging out.

I'm not miserable either bro. I was mentally checked out after the muffed punt. Knew what kind of game it was going to be. I get over wins and losses very quickly. You have to as a Jets fan no? You act like I'm not used to this. lol

What I've noticed this year while trying to be optimistic - the day after is just the same. It sucks, but I go on with my life and it doesnt ruin my day.

Again, I think thats because Brady was one step ahead. The Jets couldnt respond. They didnt know what to do. I think its mainly because he's that ******* good pre snap. Never mind how deadly he is once the ball is snapped. Put it this way, if the Jets faced anyone else in the league - do you really think they are having problems lining up?

Maybe you're right, but it's not even meant as a slight against Brady, but trying to give anyone credit for that pathetic display isn't giving enough blame to the 11 (or 12... ugh) losers there were out there on the field who couldn't pull their heads out of their asses. I don't care if it's the mutant love-child of Brady, Rodgers, Manning and Brees under center, there's no excuse for that crap.

Jets offense didn't impress against the Pats in their first meeting. Why should I have expected them to do so in the 2nd?

Jets defense didn't impress against the Pats in their first meeting. Why should I have expected them to do so in the 2nd?

At the same time why not?

Last year in our second meeting with the Pats we got blown out 45-3. Then we met them again in the playoffs and got revenge. Not saying anything is a guarantee like even reaching the playoffs, but Rex needs to eat crow and move on. Improve in case we do meet them again.

Archived