So basically it goes like this...when the Jets lose blame everything on Sanchez?

Matt39

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not miserable either bro. I was mentally checked out after the muffed punt. Knew what kind of game it was going to be. I get over wins and losses very quickly. You have to as a Jets fan no? You act like I'm not used to this. lol

What I've noticed this year while trying to be optimistic - the day after is just the same. It sucks, but I go on with my life and it doesnt ruin my day.

Well... I raise you the missed FG.

You don't give Tom Brady free shots.

I'm not miserable either bro. I was mentally checked out after the muffed punt. Knew what kind of game it was going to be. I get over wins and losses very quickly. You have to as a Jets fan no? You act like I'm not used to this. lol

What I've noticed this year while trying to be optimistic - the day after is just the same. It sucks, but I go on with my life and it doesnt ruin my day.

my day after sucks now... but not because of the jets. its because i hate my job and my new boss.

At the same time why not?

Last year in our second meeting with the Pats we got blown out 45-3. Then we met them again in the playoffs and got revenge. Not saying anything is a guarantee like even reaching the playoffs, but Rex needs to eat crow and move on. Improve in case we do meet them again.

The answer to your question is the difference between expectations and declarations of impossibility.

OMG - 1 game and now the Jets never had a great defense?

LMFAO - this place is awesome.

Rex is a great defensive mind, in the active top 3 with Belichick & LeBeau. The Jets D has been good under Rex, but never great, and it has gotten worse since 2009 when Rex's D took everyone by surprise. But the NFL has adjusted.

Jets don't have a great D because of lack of talent at key positions. That said, I think the D will be better next year with the maturation of MoWilk (true stud) and KEllis (who we hope matures).

The Pats and Jets defenses have both given up 200 points to date.

Yeah, but he said since Rex has been here.

Jets offense didn't impress against the Pats in their first meeting. Why should I have expected them to do so in the 2nd?

Jets defense didn't impress against the Pats in their first meeting. Why should I have expected them to do so in the 2nd?

Because we've seen them do it before?

You act like its that simple and teams dont improve as the season go on or beat teams that have beaten them? I mean, hell, why did the Jets even pack up an go to Foxborough for that playoff game last season? The Pats killed the Jets the last time they were there.

Maybe the Pats shouldnt play the Bills for their 2nd match up either.

Yeah, but he said since Rex has been here.

Because we've seen them do it before?

You act like its that simple and teams dont improve as the season go on or beat teams that have beaten them? I mean, hell, why did the Jets even pack up an go to Foxborough for that playoff game last season? The Pats killed the Jets the last time they were there.

Maybe the Pats shouldnt play the Bills for their 2nd match up either.

Again, difference between expectations and declarations of impossibility. I never said it was impossible that the Jets would improve, I just didn't see anything in their play to expect it.

Since losing to the Pats the 1st time, we beat an at the time winless Miami team, a reeling San Diego team, and an overrated and falling Buffalo team. And, in none of those games, did we play close to the level that would have been necessary to beat Tom Brady, despite playing well enough to win the respective games. Maybe it was the playoff game in Foxborough that was the fluke?

Well... I raise you the missed FG.

You don't give Tom Brady free shots.

Ha! Trust me, the thought came into my mind when he missed it...but I was still holding out for hope.

Rex is a great defensive mind, in the active top 3 with Belichick & LeBeau. The Jets D has been good under Rex, but never great, and it has gotten worse since 2009 when Rex's D took everyone by surprise. But the NFL has adjusted.

Jets don't have a great D because of lack of talent at key positions. That said, I think the D will be better next year with the maturation of MoWilk (true stud) and KEllis (who we hope matures).

Sorry. I disagree. You have to be a great defense to go on the road vs. 3 future HOF Qb's and make them look like sh*t in the playoffs. (Manning, Brady, Big Rape).

Again, difference between expectations and declarations of impossibility. I never said it was impossible that the Jets would improve, I just didn't see anything in their play to expect it.

Since losing to the Pats the 1st time, we beat an at the time winless Miami team, a reeling San Diego team, and an overrated and falling Buffalo team. And, in none of those games, did we play close to the level that would have been necessary to beat Tom Brady, despite playing well enough to win the respective games. Maybe it was the playoff game in Foxborough that was the fluke?

Hard for Chargers to be "reeling" at 4-1 and be a "falling" Bills team that was 5-2 and just beat its prior opponent by 20+ points in a shutout.

Maybe it was. I dont think so though. Considering they beat them once before in that season too.

And neither of those teams were reeling or declining at the time. The Jets kind of made that happen by winning. The Jets were playing good Football coming into that game, the Pats werent. Thats how I judge these things. You are clearly better than me at it.

Brady threw three passes that should have been picked in the first half. If the Jets just grab one of them its potentially a totally different game.

Now i know for a fact you said there's no such thing as an INT that should've been catched, when Sanchez's dropped int's were brought up..

ALso, The Greene INT is also on Sanchez too, threw it way to hard at his head when he was right in front of him, They both made bad plays there

Hard for Chargers to be "reeling" at 4-1 and be a "falling" Bills team that was 5-2 and just beat its prior opponent by 20+ points in a shutout.

San Deigo was a mess, despite their record, and we played them early at home. All week leading up to that game I was told why the Jets would win, and then when they do win, I'm supposed to be blown away?

Buffalo... Were you impressed?

Thats how I judge these things. You are clearly better than me at it.

Engage Sad Puppy Mode!

Don't worry, we're going to win a lot more games this season. Then, we can have this conversation again when we get our asses kicked in some AFC playoff game if we make it there.

He was lights out in the 2nd half...he was eating up everything the Jets were showing. Every adjustment he made at the LOS was perfect, it was the right call, and we couldnt stop it. It was QB'ing 101, Brady style. Nothing confused him at all. Dude was a monster in the 2nd half. How you think differently is beyond me.

And LMFAO at Klacko arguing against "should have been INT"....I mean really dude? Cpt. Klacko will stand on his soap box and scream how stupid of a stat it is when its vs. Mark Sanchez...but when Brady does it, thats when it means something! :rolleyes:

329, 3 TDs, no turnovers, 67%, QBR of 118 vs. the best pass D in the league. Now thats an ordinary day.

damnit.... i gotta quit my job is jif is ninja'ing me on klacko burns..

andd yeah, Brady was awesome in the second half... good post

I think Nash could eat EY as a snack, but CTM as Mean Gene is spot on.

i'm pretty sure this is an insult, just not sure what, specifically

The fact that you believe this argument is different that the dropped INT "stat" you railed on about all offseason is typical Klacko.

YES

Schitty is a bad OC. He's been a bad OC for as long as he's been here.

The thing is, Sanchez was going to make Schitty look good if he played well, but Sanchez is not a good QB, so he can't compensate for a crappy OC.

The Patriots are better team because of Tom Brady. Agreed. I think the Jets are more talented at almost every position, but it really doesnt matter. Plenty of people had the Jets winning...experts too...but you just came in and blamed it "fans". lol We should all be more like you.

I think what's he's saying is that it's the fans faults they are all so hysterical today. I haven't seen a game in where so many people were so universally (and delusionaly) confident since heading into foxboro last year. Remember in the other thread I told you that anytime everyone's behind the jets, it usually blows up in our face. Well..

I think what's he's saying is that it's the fans faults they are all so hysterical today. I haven't seen a game in where so many people were so universally (and delusionaly) confident since heading into foxboro last year. Remember in the other thread I told you that anytime everyone's behind the jets, it usually blows up in our face. Well..

That's the reason I actually felt worse and worse about this game as it got closer. Say what you want, but these Jets teams are no different than their predecessors in that the second people start gaining confidence in them and talking them up they play like 53 guys who don't even belong in the NFL.

Now i know for a fact you said there's no such thing as an INT that should've been catched, when Sanchez's dropped int's were brought up..

ALso, The Greene INT is also on Sanchez too, threw it way to hard at his head when he was right in front of him, They both made bad plays there

Klacko is amazing. Me and Hector are the only ones in the Catch the Ball Shonn Greene thread saying the same thing. He's got to take something of that pass and not laser it at his face.

Like I said, as the week progressed...I felt less and less confident as everyone was jumping on.

Jif watch the replay....if you're going to blame Sanchez for that you might as well blame him for not being able to defend Gronkowski as well.

I've seen it, I'm not sayign Greene wasn't at fault, but you can't rifle it at a RB's head from that close. I'm sure Sanchez is as aware as we are Greene isn't a pass catcher, and should've adjusted accordingly

Jif watch the replay....if you're going to blame Sanchez for that you might as well blame him for not being able to defend Gronkowski as well.

I did watch the replay. He threw a laser at a RB's face right when he turned around for the ball. Most WR's dont catch that, let alone a not so good pass catching RB.

Take something off that pass, throw it at his chest. The pass was horrible and so was the catch.

So now throwing at someone's head is bad? where the hell should he place the ball...Is Greene incapable of moving his arms/hands up a few inches and make a play any high school running back can make?

He was about 7 yards down the field. Sanchez threw a regular pass and the stiff had it bounce of his face.

I just don't see the Jets improving one bit from the first year that Rex got here. There was nothing, not one damn good thing I can take away from yesterday's game to give me any hope that this is a championship caliber team. We may luck out and make the playoffs again but this is one step above the Pennington era, one and out playoff teams. We may win one more than the Jets used to but again, this is NOT a great team by anybody's standards. Frustrated...again...

Both get credit for that one.

Hey, look at that. Sharing is caring.

I agree. Both Sanchez and Greene are at fault. I would also blame Schitty (no, this isn't a blame everything on Schitty argument). It's further evidence of putting players in a position not to succeed.

Greene shouldn't be catching passes and neither should Connor, but Schitty designs plays for them to be out there.

I agree. Both Sanchez and Greene are at fault. I would also blame Schitty (no, this isn't a blame everything on Schitty argument). It's further evidence of putting players in a position not to succeed.

Greene shouldn't be catching passes and neither should Connor, but Schitty designs plays for them to be out there.

Greene isn't the primary read on most of those plays, I would be sure. He is out there as a release valve, if all else fails. Sanchez likes to check down to those, and I am sure he is encouraged to do so.

The impetus of a RB not having great hands is not an OC responsibility. You can only utilize the personnel you have out there.

The pass was bad, and the execution was also. Sometimes, Sanchez does not put the player in position to make a play, and you can see it particularly o those outlet passes.

I couldn't agree more.

Here's the main difference between the so-called "Sanchez lovers" and the so-called "Sanchez haters:" (and no, Chan, I am not lumping you in wither either group)

Most of the "Sanchez lovers" can admit when Sanchez makes a mistake or poor decision because we aren't so much "Sanchez lovers" as we are rational people who understand that different QBs have different learning curves.

The Sanchez haters can't bring themselves to give the kid credit for anything. Whether he makes a good read, a great throw or just pulls off a smart play, its always someone else who made it possible.

Greene isn't the primary read on most of those plays, I would be sure. He is out there as a release valve, if all else fails. Sanchez likes to check down to those, and I am sure he is encouraged to do so.

Right, and if they never threw it when Greene was out there, people would complain that Schotty is telegraphing. The amount of logical contortion people do to blame Schotty is absurd

So now throwing at someone's head is bad? where the hell should he place the ball...Is Greene incapable of moving his arms/hands up a few inches and make a play any high school running back can make?

He was about 7 yards down the field. Sanchez threw a regular pass and the stiff had it bounce of his face.

I dont know man...its kind of like throwing high to Kerley or low to Plax. You have to know your intended target and throw a catchable ball. To me, that didnt look like a very catchable ball, considering the target.

He had plenty of time, but instead he rushed it and threw a laser at his face. Take something off, throw it in his gut where he could have potentially made a play.

Schitty is a bad OC. He's been a bad OC for as long as he's been here.

The thing is, Sanchez was going to make Schitty look good if he played well, but Sanchez is not a good QB, so he can't compensate for a crappy OC.

Agree.

The people defending Schotty by saying "players need to make plays" don't seem to understand that scheme is HUGELY important in this league. The Broncos re-schemed their offense around Tebow, and they are winning. The 49ers re-schemed their offense around Alex Smith, and they are winning. Brady is a great player, in a great scheme built around what he does best. That is why he is dominant. The same goes for Aaron Rodgers.

Schotty's scheme is elementary, and not built around the strengths of his players, nor is it built to disguise their weaknesses.

Yes, players have to make players... but the point I've been making going back to Favre, Clemens and Pennington is that the players are not in a scheme built to suit them, therefore their strengths are under-utilized and their weaknesses over-exposed... leading to less plays being made.

Long story short, Sanchez sucks.... at what Schotty is asking him to do. Therefore, I'd like to see a seasoned OC build an offense around Sanchez, so that we can know once and for sure what we have in this kid. I don't believe he's as bad as he appears.

I also don't believe that in this days NFL it should be as difficult to pick up 10 yards as it is for the Jets, and has been for Schotty's entire tenure. Think about it... you know that feeling you get when a Jets QB has dropped back, that feeling that every pass is a hair from being a pick-6? It shouldn't be that way.

We've over-turned personnel 4 QBs, numerous WRs and pass-catching RBs... and the results are the same. Chronic 3-and-outs and pick-6's ... seriously I'd love to know what team has led the league in pick-6's the past 6 years.

Right, and if they never threw it when Greene was out there, people would complain that Schotty is telegraphing. The amount of logical contortion people do to blame Schotty is absurd

I think the blame Schotty people are in two camps - the rational, that look at his whole body of work and discuss it from that standpoint (like I just did above) - and the irrational that do as you are saying here, where it has become a game in itself to connect every flaw on this Jets team to Schotty.

I don't do the latter... but I'd still like his head on a plate, but then, I knew he was a problem back when Mangini was here.

Archived