Game Thread: New York Jets vs Washington Redskins

Maxman

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez is a mediocre QB. We either live with that or we dont after next season. I think its obvious we need a significant upgrade at running back and safety...especially at RB if Sanchez is going to stick around.

In fairness, he's a mediocre QB that is getting better. So we don't know where his ceiling is yet, and if we abandoned him at this point we would be abandoning Eli Manning, Drew Brees, etc. who both played worse than this in year 3.

Looking at the other QB's of the 2009 draft, it looks like we got the best of em. Stafford is exceptional, but hasn't been able to stay on the field and Freeman is just as mediocre as Sanchez right now.

In fairness, he's a mediocre QB that is getting better. So we don't know where his ceiling is yet, and if we abandoned him at this point we would be abandoning Eli Manning, Drew Brees, etc. who both played worse than this in year 3.

Looking at the other QB's of the 2009 draft, it looks like we got the best of em. Stafford is exceptional, but hasn't been able to stay on the field and Freeman is just as mediocre as Sanchez right now.

Yes, he's better than mediocre.

Yes he's inconsistent, but all young QB's are inconsistent... it's part of the process.

Yes, he makes mistakes, but even the most experienced QB's make mistakes EVERY week. Anybody see Eli's "pick 6" today? Terrible.

He is, admittedly at times, frighteningly inaccurate from within the pocket, which is the biggest concern I have with him, but at the same time, he is incredibly accurate when he's on the run. In fact, I don't think Schotty rolls him out enough week to week. Like play action, we should see more sprint outs than those 5 wide shotgun empty backfield sets which do not play to the strength of our offense.

But the kid is improving year over year, and just as importantly, he's "money" with the game on the line.

In his first 3 years, he may ALREADY be the best clutch QB this franchise has ever had.

Archived