Game Thread: New York Jets vs Washington Redskins

Maxman

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Sanchez did his thing.

Nice pump fake Sanchez.

Right, I'm saying it's just retarded to credit/discredit either of these guys. Rarely does an offensive coordinator bring up a QB and more thank likely if a system affects the player it's because the HC is an offensively minded coach (Andy Reid, Bill Walsh, etc.)

Blaming an OC as the sole reason for a QB'S problem is crap. Sanchez is wildly inconsistent and streaky. Shotty seems the same way. It's laughable that people are crediting Sanchez's pump fake as the reason he was so open. It was a good play call, a good route run, a good pump and and a good pass.

Right, I'm saying it's just retarded to credit/discredit either of these guys. Rarely does an offensive coordinator bring up a QB and more thank likely if a system affects the player it's because the HC is an offensively minded coach (Andy Reid, Bill Walsh, etc.)

Blaming an OC as the sole reason for a QB'S problem is crap. Sanchez is wildly inconsistent and streaky. Shotty seems the same way. It's laughable that people are crediting Sanchez's pump fake as the reason he was so open. It was a good play call, a good route run, a good pump and and a good pass.

true. Nice audible by Sanchez. Great TD Greene.

Actually people were saying the pump fake contributed to it as did the call and route ran. The OC and QB are as you say too inconsistent but at least the QB has shown a knack for coming up big when we need him.

The Jets went conservative and with a bunch of direct snaps and sh*t because Sanchez is Sanchez and Washington's pass rush is awesome. Tomlinson went down early and you can't give it to Greene 40 times. Sanchez was barely even afforded the opportunity to turn the ball over and as a result didn't, largely due to a very lucky play, but whatever, that's why they're DB's and not WR's. The offense didn't turn the ball over once, the Skins didn't get a sack, Sanchez didn't blow the game, and the offense exceeded their weekly PPG.

The Jets went conservative and with a bunch of direct snaps and sh*t because Sanchez is Sanchez and Washington's pass rush is awesome. Tomlinson went down early and you can't give it to Greene 40 times. Sanchez was barely even afforded the opportunity to turn the ball over and as a result didn't, largely due to a very lucky play, but whatever, that's why they're DB's and not WR's. The offense didn't turn the ball over once, the Skins didn't get a sack, Sanchez didn't blow the game, and the offense exceeded their weekly PPG.

Which is why, considering what we have on offense, I actually thought it was a well called, or at least, strategized game. They took away the other teams only strength and figured we could outlast them. Pretty much exactly what happened.

The TD pass to Holmes was a perfect pass. Was that the only deep ball thrown by MS? It sure seems like it. I watched that play again a few times and as usual he locked on Holmes the whole play. Thankfully it worked.

FWIW, I dont think Schott called a bad game. The o-line wasnt run blocking very well so maybe the play calling had to be adjusted for this. Also found it odd that in the last few minutes some Wash. players were laughing and joking on the bench while losing.

Is it time for that clown Mulligan to go?

The TD pass to Holmes was a perfect pass. Was that the only deep ball thrown by MS? It sure seems like it. I watched that play again a few times and as usual he locked on Holmes the whole play. Thankfully it worked.

FWIW, I dont think Schott called a bad game. The o-line wasnt run blocking very well so maybe the play calling had to be adjusted for this. Also found it odd that in the last few minutes some Wash. players were laughing and joking on the bench while losing.

Is it time for that clown Mulligan to go?

He was supposed to lock on him and pump fake the defender to bite on Holmes breaking off the route.

I have not gotten much enjoyment out of watching the 2011 New York Jets ya know/ I mean even the games we win are so damn close that they could have just as easily and probably should have lost another 3 or 4 games-just not fun this year

It is time to start believing again...

Which is why, considering what we have on offense, I actually thought it was a well called, or at least, strategized game. They took away the other teams only strength and figured we could outlast them. Pretty much exactly what happened.

That's the only option with Sanchez at this point against mostly everyone. Unless the defense has a bad day, in which case we're screwed.

Game conclusion, Shotty still sucks, he's in love with a wild pussy cat where the pussy hasn't shown he can pass, refuses to run a power sweep, refuses to set up Sanchez rollouts or a moving pocket. The only wildcat that worked was Greene up the middle and unless I am mistaken it was the only time run for Greene since he came into the league.

Archived