Todd Haley fired

Matt39

Yeah, like the HC position he left for up in Buffalo? Dude didnt even go on the interview. Schotty wont leave for a HC position because he knows he'll be f'ing exposed. He has to and must be fired. Woody needs to come out of the box suite, tell his illuminated friends to hold off on the secret handshakes for a sec, go down stairs, fire schotty and get back to what the hell he's doing. He's killing me with this sh*t already. He's horrible man.

Would you want to coach Buffalo? I think if the right opportunity came along he would take a HC gig. He's not going to take just any job though. Here's hoping someone is dumb enough to hire him & offer a good opportunity. Just don't see it & the Jets aren't getting rid if him anytime soon

He can't be? KC reporters are already speculating that Pioli is leaning toward replacing Haley with Josh McDaniel. Yeah, I think Pioli can be stupid enough to hire Schottenheimer.

Well I hope you're right but I don't see it. Pioli already knows Shott pretty well. The Fish I could see but I don't see Shott wanting to go there

Yeah, like the HC position he left for up in Buffalo? Dude didnt even go on the interview. Schotty wont leave for a HC position because he knows he'll be f'ing exposed. He has to and must be fired. Woody needs to come out of the box suite, tell his illuminated friends to hold off on the secret handshakes for a sec, go down stairs, fire schotty and get back to what the hell he's doing. He's killing me with this sh*t already. He's horrible man.

Exposed moreso than he has been here? He's been a highly paid coach's son coordinator in NY/NJ for almost 6 full seasons now. He's worked with 4 dfferent QBs (0 of which will go to the HOF "because of" his designs, plans, and calls), has been part of at least 3 teams that went to the playoffs only to fall short, been hated by the fanbase for the majority of his time here (5/6, 6/6 for Those Who Know), has been a HC candidate for most of his time here, and is basically half a HC right now for the team. Literally the only way to expose him more is to give him the more nationally noticed HC role, in which case you can argue that the guy is significantly more qualified than your average recent (5-6 years?) first time HC. This isn't some dipsh*t flash in the pan like McDaniels, Mangini, or Spags (all guys I think are probably good coaches who were in a hurry) who rode the back of HOF/legend talent/moments to their first shots at the top spot for coaches. Those guys are the kinds of guys who stand to get exposed as a first time HC.

I think SD would be crazy NOT to hire him if this were to be the year he chooses to leave.

Edit: HC candidate every year he's been here. The Dolphins specifically have asked multiple times for an interview, starting in '06. I doubt they actually land him.

Exposed moreso than he has been here? He's been a highly paid coach's son coordinator in NY/NJ for almost 6 full seasons now. He's worked with 4 dfferent QBs (0 of which will go to the HOF "because of" his designs, plans, and calls), has been part of at least 3 teams that went to the playoffs only to fall short, been hated by the fanbase for the majority of his time here (5/6, 6/6 for Those Who Know), has been a HC candidate for most of his time here, and is basically half a HC right now for the team. Literally the only way to expose him more is to give him the more nationally noticed HC role, in which case you can argue that the guy is significantly more qualified than your average recent (5-6 years?) first time HC.

I think SD would be crazy NOT to hire him if this were to be the year he chooses to leave.

Edit: HC candidate every year he's been here. The Dolphins specifically have asked multiple times for an interview, starting in '06. I doubt they actually land him.

Nothing here I disagree with.

Nothing here I disagree with.

It was written that way.

The guys a good ****in coach and his decisions to remain a coordinator here when teams were looking to hire him away do require a certain wisdom. He eeeeeaaaaasily could have left years ago, but everyone and their mother knows that would have been stupid.

It will not be a fun time for this franchise when they look to replace him. Unleeeeesssss Cavanaugh has learned well, which I actually think I'm optimistic about. I think they've both done a tremendous job with Mark Sanchez, even if everything's not all the way there yet.

I just can't buy that he's anywhere near what the fans think he is. It doesn't make sense when given the ol critical eye.

In all seriousness, this game made me give up social media entirely. The amount of homerific delusionals flying across the Internet yesterday was staggering. People were chattering about what "the line" would be for a Jets-Packers Super Bowl. The consensus was Packers -3. I deleted Twitter and Facebook instantly.

What will it take for you to delete your JetNation account?

In all seriousness, this game made me give up social media entirely. The amount of homerific delusionals flying across the Internet yesterday was staggering. People were chattering about what "the line" would be for a Jets-Packers Super Bowl. The consensus was Packers -3. I deleted Twitter and Facebook instantly.

and there was much rejoicing?

It was written that way.

The guys a good ****in coach and his decisions to remain a coordinator here when teams were looking to hire him away do require a certain wisdom. He eeeeeaaaaasily could have left years ago, but everyone and their mother knows that would have been stupid.

It will not be a fun time for this franchise when they look to replace him. Unleeeeesssss Cavanaugh has learned well, which I actually think I'm optimistic about. I think they've both done a tremendous job with Mark Sanchez, even if everything's not all the way there yet.

I just can't buy that he's anywhere near what the fans think he is. It doesn't make sense when given the ol critical eye.

I completely agree with the history written. However, Schotty sucks and needs to be replaced. I can care less about a possible HC position because he needs to be fired, and if not let go at the end of this season. He better not be a coach on this team come next season.

I completely agree with the history written. However, Schotty sucks and needs to be replaced. I can care less about a possible HC position because he needs to be fired, and if not let go at the end of this season. He better not be a coach on this team come next season.

Sure sure. I ******* just loathe the thinking on that guy. I do not want him coaching in the division when that time does come. It also won't be fun when he grabs a Jets assistant (Thurman could/should(?) be a prime DC candidate) or two.

In the end the franchise will survive once Sanchez grows up as a player. That's happening sooner rather than later anyway, and will eat much of the blow of Schitty leaving for a HC gig. I garauntee there will be plenty of hate left over for the next coordinator, the guy after him, and the guy after him anyway. It's the nature of that job. That's why this whole Jets/Schitty situation will fascinate me until he bombs as a HC.

Exposed moreso than he has been here? He's been a highly paid coach's son coordinator in NY/NJ for almost 6 full seasons now. He's worked with 4 dfferent QBs (0 of which will go to the HOF "because of" his designs, plans, and calls), has been part of at least 3 teams that went to the playoffs only to fall short, been hated by the fanbase for the majority of his time here (5/6, 6/6 for Those Who Know), has been a HC candidate for most of his time here, and is basically half a HC right now for the team. Literally the only way to expose him more is to give him the more nationally noticed HC role, in which case you can argue that the guy is significantly more qualified than your average recent (5-6 years?) first time HC. This isn't some dipsh*t flash in the pan like McDaniels, Mangini, or Spags (all guys I think are probably good coaches who were in a hurry) who rode the back of HOF/legend talent/moments to their first shots at the top spot for coaches. Those guys are the kinds of guys who stand to get exposed as a first time HC.

Chill, bro. Schottenheimer is a lock to return.

Archived