Shonn Greene starting to get rolling - no love here?

nj meadowlands

Haven't seen any thing on SG. Been a lot of hate and disappointment showered on this guy all year long, but now he's starting to emerge as the 2nd half back he's been the last two seasons. A healthy LaDainian Tomlinson (read: professional touchdown scorer) and progressively healthier ribs look like they are making a colossal difference for SG in the 2nd half of the season. He's starting to run with more purpose, hitting holes harder and more defiantly than he did in the first half of the year. He's ******* finishing defenders at the end of runs. And best of all, the kid can catch the ball now!!!

Very happy with SG right now. We will need him and LT to go hog wild over the Eagles and Giants in the next two games.

You're right, I forgot where I was. I should look for somethin to bitch about... brb

So we should be thankful to a guy who gets paid to play football for an entire season but doesn't show up until the last quarter if it when we are just floating above .500? OK. Go start a "Vlad Fanclub" thread.

I wish I would get praised for half-assing things. That'd be so awesome.

He's played better. I'm just not going to jump over the moon when he decides to show up over half way through the season.

And lets be real. Showing up for games against the Chiefs and Skins isn't a big accomplishment.

Like Crusher said, when he shows up against a good team I'll be happy. Shonn Greene showing up for half of the season sounds like par for the course to me.

When he faces a good team he's good for half the game or so...then comes the Ol nagging injury...which is why the other backs will be so critical.

I've been very impressed with his hands that everybody said he didnt have. He's made some nice catches in the passing game.

Still looks like he has the hardest job in the world when he's getting up after a play. Its like he really doesnt want to be there.

I've been very impressed with his hands that everybody said he didnt have. He's made some nice catches in the passing game.

Still looks like he has the hardest job in the world when he's getting up after a play. Its like he really doesnt want to be there.

Haha you ever had a rib injury?

I have... but I've never had to get hit by 250 pounders every couple minutes when I did.

So did Jim Brown so whats your point ?

Jim Brown looked like he had the hardest job in the world when he ran? And looked like he was literally pulling himself up off the ground fighting gravity and everything?

I dont know...wasnt around. And there is no point...just think its funny.

Part of the getting up slow is just the nature of the position he plays. I'd get up slow too, just to buy a couple seconds of recovery time.

Another part is that he gets those stupid nagging injuries every 4 carries.

Part of the getting up slow is just the nature of the position he plays. I'd get up slow too, just to buy a couple seconds of recovery time.

Toom More taught him that.

Another part is that he gets those stupid nagging injuries every 4 carries.

Schotty's fault!

Jim Brown looked like he had the hardest job in the world when he ran? And looked like he was literally pulling himself up off the ground fighting gravity and everything?

I dont know...wasnt around. And there is no point...just think its funny.

Seriously JIF Jim Brown was known for that he did it his whole career. I think Shonn Greene runs very hard and dishes out a lot of punishment . But a rib injury is tough to deal with it probably effects him when getting up would be my guess. Either way Im really happy to see him catching the football and Im sure it caught the last 2 teams we faced by surprise as well. Things like that open up the offense.

Archived