Braylon Edwards Released

leonwash29

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I acknowledge they have 99 other problems but after almost a whole year off why not bring back a solid blocker and target for whoever will be playing qb. Low risk high reward if they can bring him back for cheap, you know spend the good money on a QB, RT, S, DE/LB

Sanchez will be playing QB, but your right.

Edwards has been hurt since week 2. he will probably need a scope in the offseason. If the Jets are smart they call him right now.

He won't be able to help this year, but he brought a big deep threat that nobody else can. He will probably sign for vets min, and be very motivated. If he shows up at camp next year still hurt, you release him. No loss.

Like you said low risk, high reward

I acknowledge they have 99 other problems but after almost a whole year off why not bring back a solid blocker and target for whoever will be playing qb. Low risk high reward if they can bring him back for cheap, you know spend the good money on a QB, RT, S, DE/LB

Braylon's impact on a locker room I think has more to do with why so many teams don't want him back.

My favorite Jet-please sign him Tannenbaum

They had a chance to resign him, they let him go. It isn't like the Jets lost him, they made the decision to let him go.

Truth is they agonized over Brad Smith longer than Braylon Edwards. I think that speaks volumes....unfortunately because the kid is so talented.

Braylon's impact on a locker room I think has more to do with why so many teams don't want him back.

I don't know Max, or PS, or whoever the hell you are, I think Holmes locker room antics, and mouth are more of a problem then Bray's. He was a pretty good guy while he was here as far as his mouth goes.

I think Bray's problem was his off field behavior. The one car crash at three am, then the bar fight, and stabbing the day after he went to court.

I'd take a risk that he realizes that this is the last stop. if not, cut him

He made a bunch of big plays for us.

So has Holmes, who's on our roster and everyone hates.

People forget his at least 1 stupid holding call a game, his personal fouls and his drops and only remember his 2 side line catches Houston and Indy...but everyone forget who caught the winning TD and Houston and the Cro set us up in Indy.

He made a bunch of big plays for us.

Yes he did.

No one is saying he is Jerry Rice, but he brings to the team something nobody else on the roster does. He gets open up field. A lot

He will be very cheap, he and Sanchez have a good relationship.

Plax will more then likely be gone next year. He was very effective in the red zone, but has lost what ever speed, and separation he had in the past. He's old.

Think Edwards would be thrilled to return to NY. When he left he way overvalued himself, and wanted the same kind of money Holmes got. Then he self destructed in the wee hours of the morning.

If he doesn't work out, gets in trouble., or is still hurt. Bye

If he is motivated, works out in the off season, stays out of trouble, he is a major steal.

IMO this is a no lose no brainer

I don't know Max, or PS, or whoever the hell you are, I think Holmes locker room antics, and mouth are more of a problem then Bray's. He was a pretty good guy while he was here as far as his mouth goes.

I think Bray's problem was his off field behavior. The one car crash at three am, then the bar fight, and stabbing the day after he went to court.

I'd take a risk that he realizes that this is the last stop. if not, cut him

Making Holmes a captain was a DISASTER. Not going to disagree there.

Just think they have enough guys that offer distractions and don't think they will be adding too many more of them.

I have zero problem bringing Edwards back for the right price. But the Jets were right to only do a 1-year deal with him in 2010 instead of a big one, they were right cut ties with him when he wanted a long-term deal from us a year later, and made the right move with Plaxico. Sanchez doesn't know how to use his receivers' height advantages.

I have zero problem bringing Edwards back for the right price. But the Jets were right to cut ties with him and made the right move with Plaxico. Sanchez doesn't know how to use his receivers' height advantages.

Plaxico is finished...Sanchez has used his height in the red zone just fine....he literally cant find any space between the 20's. Lining him up on the outside was a disaster from the start.

Hey - you can sign Jerry Rice in his prime and it wouldn't matter. Without a QB or offensive coordinator to get him the ball, you might as well sign a WR who can block well.

That is actually true, we will talk about the reasons why until next season but until they improve the foundation of the passing game they shouldn't add more weapons. Plax and Holmes were great in the red zone when it came to scoring touchdowns. But look at Holmes - he set career lows in average yards per catch, total yards on the season and to me that is an indication that there is a bigger problem here.

Fix that first....

to be honest.. Braylon and Santonio were a real good due.. atleast that blended with Sanchez last season.. i say get him back. Sanchez has never had a group of receivers more then that he could really gel with, Braylon and Santonio added with Plax would be pretty damn interesting

I have zero problem bringing Edwards back for the right price. But the Jets were right to only do a 1-year deal with him in 2010 instead of a big one, they were right cut ties with him when he wanted a long-term deal from us a year later, and made the right move with Plaxico. Sanchez doesn't know how to use his receivers' height advantages.

At the time sperm I agree. He really didn't leave much choice pulling the crap he did off the field just at the wrong time. Plus he was asking big money, and the Jets went with Holmes. No problem with that

Right now he is in the crapper. Still young. Still talented, and real cheap. I really think it would be foolish to black ball him.

They had a special before the 49'ers game about what he did for those kids in Cleveland. it really was cool. I don't think he's a bad guy, I just think he is very immature with an alcohol problem.

Some guys wake up up , some don't. I'd gamble he's ready. Just nothing to lose

Plaxico is finished...Sanchez has used his height in the red zone just fine....he literally cant find any space between the 20's. Lining him up on the outside was a disaster from the start.

This is just patently untrue. Most of the red zone TD's he's wide open and his height had nothing to do with it. Sanchez throws the ball lower to him all the time. 95% of the time he uses Plaxico the same way one would use a 5'9" receiver. If he used Plaxico's height there would be no way a CB could physically bat a ball down even in tight coverage.

Plaxico had a great year statistically and enough to show other teams that he has something left in the tank warranting one more contract. As happy as he'd be with the Jets the reality is he lost a lot of money and time in prison and will probably take the biggest offer from whatever team throws it.

If/When Plax leaves (which I wouldn't be terribly upset with outside the redzone), we should welcome Braylon with open arms again. He (should) be humbled and looking to prove something with the Jets (again). If they ink him to a 3 year, 15 mil contract which is backloaded it gives the Jets the chance to cut their losses if he doesn't produce yet reward him with cash incentives and one last opportunity to score a big contact similar to Plaxico.

Please, please. Fire Schotty and SIGN THIS BEAST

Funny how 2 people watching the same exact game see something totally different.

I've rarely seen anyone open. I'm sure Sanchez has been consistently missing them, but on the other hand, when watching the Jets in person, Plax looked beyond slow and unable to get any separation.

I've rarely seen anyone open. I'm sure Sanchez has been consistently missing them, but on the other hand, when watching the Jets in person, Plax looked beyond slow and unable to get any separation.

Plax was open on the TD that got called back (total bs call), Holmes was open on the ball Mark fired 10 feet over his head. McKnight was streaking down the field wide open when marked sailed another ball 10 feet over his head. And that was just last game giving a few examples, it happens every game.

Predictive story telling is a very common thing among fans.

They had a chance to resign him, they let him go. It isn't like the Jets lost him, they made the decision to let him go.

Well, Tannenbaum snookered the whole league for the rights to Plaxico, as he had plans on doing as much as two years ago. There's no standing in the way of that type of genius.

Plaxico 0 catches of 40+ yards this year. Braylon Edwards had 5 of 40+ w/ Jets in 2010. TDs: 8-7 Plax.

Nope. Nothing to see there. WR's don't matter you know.

Not going to argue that BE was the better deep threat. Thats pretty obvious. But, care to tell me how many of those amazing BE TD's came when Holmes wasnt on the team?

Red Zone efficiency, Passing TD's, TD to Completion ratio, 8 more TDs already on the season - Nah, nothing to do with Plax. Damn we miss BE. That vertical game was impressive when he was around.

Not going to argue that BE was the better deep threat. Thats pretty obvious. But, care to tell me how many of those amazing BE TD's came when Holmes wasnt on the team?

Red Zone efficiency, Passing TD's, TD to Completion ratio, 8 more TDs already on the season - Nah, nothing to do with Plax. Damn we miss BE. That vertical game was impressive when he was around.

Dude if you're going to give Plax credit for the red zone then you'll have to say Sanchez has gotten better to...I think that CLEARLY isnt the case. He looked better as a passer last season, especially down the field.

Braylon could run the fly route and safeties would have to respect it. Even before Santonio came over he had one against Atlanta and Indy.

Archived