Braylon Edwards Released

leonwash29

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was refering to the BUM part JIF :)

Whatever. He's far from a bum. He's had a couple of bad games otherwise he's a part of the product. Its a horrible pass attack and he's the only playmaker. Blame Sanchez, the Oline, the WR, the OC, the HC...whatever you want. Holmes is a part of the product not the problem.

He's got 51 catches. Maybe he gets to 55. Which is right about where it peaks if you are a receiver for the NY Jets while Sanchez has been the Qb. Look it up. Sanchez in 3 years hasnt thrown to a receiver more than 60 times. So kill Holmes all you want. He's clearly par for the course in this system with Mark Sanchez as a QB.

How you figure? More than half this board hates him and 80% of the board wanted BE over him.

You know what I love? I love it when Holmes catches a pass and, with the ref standing next to him with arms outstretched to get the ball back, Holmes drops it on the ground instead of handing it back to him.

Whatever. He's far from a bum. He's had a couple of bad games otherwise he's a part of the product. Its a horrible pass attack and he's the only playmaker. Blame Sanchez, the Oline, the WR, the OC, the HC...whatever you want. Holmes is a part of the product not the problem.

He's got 51 catches. Maybe he gets to 55. Which is right about where it peaks if you are a receiver for the NY Jets while Sanchez has been the Qb. Look it up. Sanchez in 3 years hasnt thrown to a receiver more than 60 times. So kill Holmes all you want. He's clearly par for the course in this system with Mark Sanchez as a QB.

Keller has 58 this year. That's the most Sanchez has ever thrown to a WR/TE. This proves your point.

Far as I can see, the nature of the offense changed when we went from Braylon to Plaxico. Give Burress credit for making key catches, absolutely. But Plaxico does not block as consistently as Braylon, it is not a coincidence that last year we were talking about the career renaissance of LaDainian Tomlinson and this year we're wondering where our run game went. It is also not a coincidence that this year we aren't throwing deep at all, when last year we were.

The team is built around establishing the run which opens up the short pass, and when they try to defend that sneaking one of our wideouts past them for a long gainer. Much of that left with Braylon.

If he was willing to play at a deep discount, I'd love to see Braylon back. IMO, Tanny let him walk because they couldn't pay him and Holmes. Now? They probably can.

This is what I think as well. Of course it all depends on whether or not his speed will still be there and if his ego will allow him to take basically a minimum contract from his former team that used to pay him many millions per year.

Archived