NY Jets players bash Mark Sanchez, say they want Peyton Manning

F.Chowds

Which is in line with them babying him and basically hiding him. Something you can really see, especially in how the 2nd half of this season was strategized.

6.5 to 6.4 isn't really that relevant, but the overall .3 drop probably matters.

it's very relevant when you consider his completion % went up from 10 to 11..

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T.J. Yates finished the year over 7.0 YPA...offensive design or the player?

I guess we'll have to wait until next year to find out...but this past year, was brutal.

I believe a combination of both. Sanchez stinks. The coaches pretty much know this. The coaches want to win games so they develop a strategy to essentially neutralize the impact he can have on the game.

This article is just a testament that the players seem to agree.

I believe a combination of both. Sanchez stinks. The coaches pretty much know this. The coaches want to win games so they develop a strategy to essentially neutralize the impact he can have on the game.

This article is just a testament that the coaches seem to agree.

I only half agree with this. I think you're giving way too much credit to this season's horrendous coaching staff, especially considering this team only got worse with this alleged late season philosophy shift. The main problem was that Schotty and Sanchez are two of the worst people in the entire world at their respective jobs, and the longer they hung around each other, the worse they actually made each other. Thankfully one of these losers is already gone, now we just need to wait around and see what happens to the other.

This article is just a testament that the players seem to agree.

I agree with your commentary...Sanchez sucked donkey balls...I also think the coaching staff was ridiculously stoopid in the way they handed him the job/status (captainancy) without competition. The players are also using Rex's own liberal rules (allowing them to speak out) to send a massage that they do not like the duplicity. The team is limited with him as a starter. Can they move past that? Who knows...find out next year.

I only half agree with this. I think you're giving way too much credit to this season's horrendous coaching staff, especially considering this team only got worse with this alleged late season philosophy shift. The main problem was that Schotty and Sanchez are two of the worst people in the entire world at their respective jobs, and the longer they hung around each other, the worse they actually made each other. Thankfully one of these losers is already gone, now we just need to wait around and see what happens to the other.

I'm really not sure they did get worse. I think when this shift became evident, they won 3 games in a row. After that, they played better teams 2 weeks in a row, and the final week was just a complete meltdown.

That's why my feeling on Schotty has always been mixed, as I'm not sure there is a formula, in today's NFL, to make a Sanchez led offense a good one.

This I agree with. Schotty system in the hands of a pouty, mistake-prone QB was the absolute worse match for a QB expecting to set the NFL on fire. Add to that the commercial opportunities for the face of the franchise and a coach who uses blabber to motivate his troops it was a disaster waiting to happen.

I'm really not sure they did get worse. I think when this shift became evident, they won 3 games in a row. After that, they played better teams 2 weeks in a row, and the final week was just a complete meltdown.

That's why my feeling on Schotty has always been mixed, as I'm not sure there is a formula, in today's NFL, to make a Sanchez led offense a good one.

Well like I said, I think there's plenty of evidence to suggest they both independently suck at their jobs, and just made each other even worse. Sanchez has clearly regressed in his time here, which now makes the 4th consecutive starting QB Schotty has had in which that has been the case, which is quite the telling trend, while Schotty's offense hit all new levels of mind-numbing idiocy this seasons with Sanchez's constant bed-crapping. The fact that you could easily make the case either way of why one was screwed by having to work with the other tells you that the issue was not one, but both.

Well like I said, I think there's plenty of evidence to suggest they both independently suck at their jobs, and just made each other even worse. Sanchez has clearly regressed in his time here, which now makes the 4th consecutive starting QB Schotty has had in which that has been the case, which is quite the telling trend, while Schotty's offense hit all new levels of mind-numbing idiocy this seasons with Sanchez's constant bed-crapping. The fact that you could easily make the case either way of why one was screwed by having to work with the other tells you that the issue was not one, but both.

I think what you think is evidence is a big pile of crusher dung

I think the difference in our viewpoints comes down to how much value we put on offensive coordinators. I don't put much.

janesportsJane McManus

It's a shame Rex Ryan did away with captains. They just need to be voted on by peers. Nick Mangold made a strong case today. #Jets #NFL

12 minutes ago

janesportsJane McManus

I've spoken to a few players today who said they were stunned by story on Sanchez doubters. Story TK.

JaneYapBioW_normal.png

janesportsJane McManus

Nick Mangold on Michael Kay 1050 ESPN. Total captain move going public to defend QB Mark Sanchez. #Jets #NFL

janesportsJane McManus

It's a shame Rex Ryan did away with captains. They just need to be voted on by peers. Nick Mangold made a strong case today. #Jets #NFL

12 minutes ago

janesportsJane McManus

I've spoken to a few players today who said they were stunned by story on Sanchez doubters. Story TK.

JaneYapBioW_normal.png

janesportsJane McManus

Nick Mangold on Michael Kay 1050 ESPN. Total captain move going public to defend QB Mark Sanchez. #Jets #NFL

We should like, hire Jane McManus and add her the offensive staff because she knows wtf she's talking about and stuff.

janesportsJane McManus

12 minutes ago

janesportsJane McManus

JaneYapBioW_normal.png

janesportsJane McManus

jane has a crush on the model!

I think what think is evidence varies on whether or not it fits in with your current opinion.

Actually, I know this.

I think what think?

What you think?

Again, the whole well CP and Favre had good years around bad schotty years point is rubbish, and that's basically all you got... Never mind that you spent 100000's of words pointing out how bad Pennington was, yet now you are admonishing Schotty for not running an elite offense with him behind center.. it's laughable

I think what think?

What you think?

Again, the whole well CP and Favre had good years around bad schotty years point is rubbish, and that's basically all you got... Never mind that you spent 100000's of words pointing out how bad Pennington was, yet now you are admonishing Schotty for not running an elite offense with him behind center.. it's laughable

The fact that you are trying to criticize anyone else for crappy posting grammar is hilariously ironic.

On the other hand, the fact that you are trying to pass this off as what my supposed opinion is shows that you're either so completely blinded by your own opinions that you're incapable of grasping ones that vary from yours even slightly, or are a complete ******* moron who doesn't understand how to comprehend the english language. I get it, you're absolutely incapable of understanding the concept that more than one single person can ever be to blame for anything. There's really no point in debating this any further though, that dipsh*t is finally gone and hopefully his crappy QB is soon to follow.

The fact that you are trying to criticize anyone else for crappy posting grammar is hilariously ironic.

I was legitimately confused you old grouch

On the other hand, the fact that you are trying to pass this off as what my supposed opinion is shows that you're either so completely blinded by your own opinions that you're incapable of grasping ones that vary from yours even slightly, or are a complete ******* moron who doesn't understand how to comprehend the english language. I get it, you're absolutely incapable of understanding the concept that more than one single person can ever be to blame for anything. There's really no point in debating this any further though, that dipsh*t is finally gone and hopefully his crappy QB is soon to follow.

tl;dr..

and didn't need too! You're obviously talking out of both sides of your mouth here

I think the difference in our viewpoints comes down to how much value we put on offensive coordinators. I don't put much.

I actually don't think they have that much value as long as they're capable of staying within a few simple rules and not making the far more difficult job of their players even more difficult. Unfortunately, Schotty couldn't grasp that in 6 years.

I was legitimately confused you old grouch

tl;dr..

and didn't need too! You're obviously talking out of both sides of your mouth here

The fact that you think that's the case only proves you're clearly incapable of grasping the rather simple concept that more than one person can suck at their jobs at any given time. Just like I was never stupid enough to think Chad's incompetence made Herm or Hackett quality coaches, I'm also not stupid enough to think Sanchez's sucktitude changes the fact that Schotty is awful. But hey, one is already gone and things aren't looking so good for the other either, so maybe there's something to that.

Lol 000100010101010011000011110010010000101011100000010101010101110100

I would think that hypocritical would be a better word, is what he accused me of even a valid example of irony? I don't know

Figures this sh*t would happen the day after Aten is banned

The fact that you think that's the case only proves you're clearly incapable of grasping the rather simple concept that more than one person can suck at their jobs at any given time. Just like I was never stupid enough to think Chad's incompetence made Herm or Hackett quality coaches, I'm also not stupid enough to think Sanchez's sucktitude changes the fact that Schotty is awful. But hey, one is already gone and things aren't looking so good for the other either, so maybe there's something to that.

2 people can certainly sck at the same time, but when 1 guy (Schotty) is overly reliant on the other (Sanchez) for success it makes it hard to have unequivocal evidence of the formers suckiness

I would think that hypocritical would be a better word, is what he accused me of even a valid example of irony? I don't know

Figures this sh*t would happen the day after Aten is banned

Oh God, let's not get into another debate over the definition of irony. I don't think there's a single word in the English language that so many people have the definition completely wrong. Granted, that certainly was not a great example, although I could kind of justify it depending on the perspective you want to look at it from , but hypocritical would certainly be better in this instance.

Bottom line, my point was that your grammar sucks so **** off. I also know you don't think Schotty is any good, so stop being such a whiny bitch towards anyway who dares think this entire season wasn't 100% Sanchez's fault, even if they think he sucks a$$ and is the team's biggest problem.

2 people can certainly sck at the same time, but when 1 guy (Schotty) is overly reliant on the other (Sanchez) for success it makes it hard to have unequivocal evidence of the formers suckiness

Yeah, I get what you're saying with that, but it's not like there isn't another 3 years of Schotty's Sanchez-less sucktitude. Yeah, yeah, I know, those QBs sucked too and that he helped pick 3 out of his 4 starters apparently means nothing, but that doesn't change the point that there's plenty of things that have been a consistent repeating problem for the Jets offense for 6 years now, beyond any statistical breakdown or individual performances, that are more than enough to support him sucking all by himself. He's gone and I know you don't think all that highly of him, so I have no idea what the hell the point is with all of this is anyway.

Sarcastic as you may be, this post is actually closer to reality than a belief than most positive commentary you could make about Sanchez.

Evidence being the 1 season shift from perrenial powerhouse team to #1 overall pick with just the loss of Manning.

I didn't realize that. This is true.

Shotty never changed the game play. He had a plan and stuck with it the whole game. No adjustments based on what was happening on the field.

It looks to me like he has 4 quotes from players and 7 from non-players. I would think if this was such a big deal, he would have had more than 4 quotes to use from Sanchez' teammates. I'm guessing that isn't from 4 different players too. Probably more like 2 or 3 players. On the other hand it looks like the organization has definitely lost a lot of faith in Sanchez for good reason. I think the team dissent re:Sanchez in the article is probably overblown though. Who wouldn't rather have Manning though? It's a pretty stupid question if you think about it.

I'm listening now to Manish's segment on PFT Live... Here are the highlights:

- Says he spoke to people in the organization from top to bottom, and the sentiment is of "more than a few isolated players".

- Personally believes that Sanchez was successful in the playoffs and you can't take that away from him. However, many in the organization believe he gets too much credit for that, and the run game and defense carried Sanchez and the team.

- He differentiates and clarifies the hardwork comments, saying that people have told him Sanchez is a hard worker in meetings and stays late, however, because he has no competition, they feel he has become complacent on the practice field. Says he heard it from "a lot of different people".

- Says players have been resentful for how the team shelters Sanchez. Adds that from a media standpoint, this is 100% true. Also adds that players are growing resentful of Ryan because of this.

- Conversation moves to how the Jets handled the Schotty "firing". Nothing groundbreaking.

- Talks about Jets having leaders by example (Revis, Mangold, Harris) but no outspoken leaders. Offers LT but doesn't believe he'll be back. Says that the best teams in the league have their QBs as the leader and Jets are missing that. People he's spoken to don't have that level of respect for Sanchez right now.

- Says everyone would love to have a name to attach to his quotes, but people are more willing to say things honestly with anonymity. Reiterates that these are "key people from top to bottom" who are saying these things. Says content is more important than who's saying it.

- Says that it's not unanimous and cites mangold. Also says there are others who believe he can grow into a leader and an elite QB, but says there is a "real division and real faction of people who don't feel that". Adds, "if you turn your back to that, and don't think it's the case, you're fooling yourself".

- Florio pushes for Mehta to say the fact that people are talking is the problem. Mehta disagrees, saying that this is the culture that Ryan has fostered, and it's been going on since he's been here. Essentially making the 'it wasn't a problem when they were winning' argument.

- After ending the call, Florio defends Mehta saying there's no chance in the NY Market that he would put something out that wasn't credible and that this story is great reporting.

Really have to give Manish credit here. Up until now he's been a fairly by-the-numbers, non-offensive (and bland) beat guy. Given how petty and insecure the Jets' front office is, it's good to see him swing for the fences here. He had a story to report that was going to burn bridges, and he reported it. Good for him.

The players that said this should get their man card pulled or man up and tell everyone who they are Just like Mclroy ( who should get a shot at QB before Manning does). Didn't anyone learn from the Testerverde and Favre fiasco. Give Sanchez one more season under Sprano and see what happens.

Archived