OK so obviously we need a new QB. What we ALSO need is some...

SenorGato

L to XL to XXL athletic freaks on D who know how to get to the QB.

The following pass rushers (also one 6'5" 330 pound freak and one DT who carries an otherwise no name/retread/JAG-filled D to any successes) played today:

Pierre-Paul (15.5 sacks or something)

Tuck (5 on the regular season, but I think it's safe to say Justin Tuck can get to the QB)

Mathias Kiwanuka (3.5)

Aldon Smith (14 as a rookie)

Ahmad Brooks (7.5)

Terrell Suggs (14)

Vince Wilfork (3.5 sacks)

Haloti Ngata (5.5 sacks)

Andre Carter (10)

Mark Anderson (10)

Justin Smith (7.5)

The Jets have an older, slowing Pace (tss), a young guy on the up n' up in Wilkerson, and One Trick Maybin. Dixon can get there sometimes too...Still I'm thinking:

- Aaron Maybin isn't going to suddenly learn to play the run and have a more complete game against the pass so lets not go there.

- A young, pass rushing stud must be brought in to allow Pace to take on a Pace-ified version of the Bryan Thomas role in the D.

- Some pretty good ILBs played today with Lewis and Willis. I like Bart Scott, but today put me on the "be mean, get better" trail at ILB.

tl;dr version:

Get some more athletic, better pass rushing muuuhfckas at LB.

Aldon Smith was a beast! Didn't see having that kinda season. Nice pickup by the 49ers.

Just curious how many sacks did Pace have this year?

The 49ers have done a good job drafting for the 3-4 for the past few years, this offseason the combo of rebuilding their secondary, adding even more pass rushers brought them up a couple levels. It was impressive to watch.

Archived