Brainstorming Theme Ideas

Integrity28

Boardwalk Empire.

I just finished season 2. Holy crap what a good show. It would make a fantastic theme for complex game with a town and multiple mafia families and killers. All sorts of great individual character plot lines that can be transposed onto mafia roles. I want dibs on this setup. :)

The A-Team vs. the Interwebz

This is something I thought of years ago when we first started playing. A-Team being a 4 person mafia, the town being all sorts of retarded internet memes that the A-Team blows up and sh*t. Dumb, but perfectly suited for a 12-person vanilla game that would just be fun.

The 3 Stooges

Moe, Larry, Curly, Curly Joe and Chemp. Lots of potential for violence here. Lots.

I've got more kicking around in the back of my head, will post them when I remember them... I thought it would be good for us to have a lot of ideas floating around so if someone wants to mod, they just snatch up a theme and map it to a game.

Boardwalk Empire would be the way to go, IMO.

You should model it after Hess' Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer game.

Don't want to have to keep sucking off Hess about it, but it was the perfect setup and modding job for multiple factions (scum team and 2 SK teams).

I haven't gotten around to watching Boardwalk Empire (still). A-team vs the Internet would be a simply fun one, if you're going for 12 man vanilla. 3 Stooges and a Bond game would be good themes as well.

I have a few ideas, but I'd need help modding with my schedule which is the main reason I'm reluctant. Haven't worked through this one yet...but I wanted to do a Walking Dead game at the beginning of the mafia season. Kinda feel like it'd be best to hold off on it now with the hype of the show down during the summer

GI Joe would be great for a huge setup with multiple factions. GI's, Cobra, Dreadnoks, Ninja's, etc.

The Outsiders might make for a cool setup too. If we wanted something based on a book we are all familiar with.

Boardwalk Empire would definitely be bad a$$. I've thought about The Wire as well, but there's so many different ways you could go about doing that I'm not even sure where you would begin.

A few other ideas that I've had over time were Super Mario Bros, TMNT, and the one I've most recently been thinking about that I can't believe hasn't already been done when you consider what it is and how easily it fits in as a mafia game... Thundercats.

I'd love to see a 007 themed game

I was considering making a Goldeneye setup but I haven't got around to it yet

I love the idea of a 007 themed game, but if you or anyone does it, it should include the whole James Bond universe and not just 1 film, especially not a lesser installment like Goldeneye.

Think big, Nolder. Have Spectre, Quantum, Jaws, etc. in the game, with a bunch of hot Bond chics, Q, M, and Miss Moneypenny. Of course. Pussy Galore has to be in it.

Boardwalk Empire would definitely be bad a$$. I've thought about The Wire as well, but there's so many different ways you could go about doing that I'm not even sure where you would begin.

A few other ideas that I've had over time were Super Mario Bros, TMNT, and the one I've most recently been thinking about that I can't believe hasn't already been done when you consider what it is and how easily it fits in as a mafia game... Thundercats.

The Wire would be crazy!! You should do it!

Oh, now I remember... I started this thread specifically to help me remember the epic idea I had the other day.... Point Break.

Next game I mod, without question.

Point Break and Gangs of New York are my next two.

I love the idea of a 007 themed game, but if you or anyone does it, it should include the whole James Bond universe and not just 1 film, especially not a lesser installment like Goldeneye.

Think big, Nolder. Have Spectre, Quantum, Jaws, etc. in the game, with a bunch of hot Bond chics, Q, M, and Miss Moneypenny. Of course. Pussy Galore has to be in it.

Hey I love Goldeneye <_<

I would love a whole "bond universe" game I just have other things in the works and don't have the time to work on a game like that so I was considering a smaller game

I probably wont do it for a long time if I do, partially because I'd much rather PLAY, so if anyone wants to nab that idea feel free

JAWS WOULD BE AWESOME! *starts to think*

But wait...you ****ers don't even bother to read the scenes so what does it matter. Disgusting people.

I read the scenes, Hess. I love the scenes! Yours are great.

On a separate note, BG & Pac are like the 1970s Lucas & Speilberg of JN Mafia game lengths. BG's 2 Starr Wars games and Pac's Lost Boys & Scarface games are the only ones that topped 4,000 posts. I'm close to 2K with Inception, so I have an outside chance of being Cameron in this.

I read the scenes, Hess. I love the scenes! Yours are great.

On a separate note, BG & Pac are like the 1970s Lucas & Speilberg of JN Mafia game lengths. BG's 2 Starr Wars games and Pac's Lost Boys & Scarface games are the only ones that topped 4,000 posts. I'm close to 2K with Inception, so I have an outside chance of being Cameron in this.

LOL

I thought BSG had potential, but then Slats went and routed the town.

I ran a game on DM some months ago, completely unique material, based on a viral outbreak in an animal testing lab/facility... wrote all the scenes from the point of view of the humans (scum team) speaking into a voice recorder, each time scum died, the next person picked up the device and recorded the events, so I had to develop 4 distinct personalities to write from. It was fun. I think if I ran it here, it might have gone on forever...

I'm hoping Gangs of New York can rival some of the big games we've done in the past. :)

LOL I thought BSG had potential, but then Slats went and routed the town. I ran a game on DM some months ago, completely unique material, based on a viral outbreak in an animal testing lab/facility... wrote all the scenes from the point of view of the humans (scum team) speaking into a voice recorder, each time scum died, the next person picked up the device and recorded the events, so I had to develop 4 distinct personalities to write from. It was fun. I think if I ran it here, it might have gone on forever... I'm hoping Gangs of New York can rival some of the big games we've done in the past. :)

I would seriously dig Gangs of New York ftr. Lots of flavor please. I really liked you BSG game btw. That was your magnum opus imo.

That sounds like a really cool game, Ape.

I might have to do a James Bond game with multiple factions

Here it is:

You can get a sense of the style right in the opening scene, and like you all things I say are for style points OR clues. Like the objects, each object was a scum team ability/role. :)

I would seriously dig Gangs of New York ftr. Lots of flavor please. I really liked you BSG game btw. That was your magnum opus imo.

Thanks Hess, I really appreciate that.

I will begin GoNY soon, maybe have it queued up behind Capture the Fag

• 2 months later...

I've tentatively named this idea "Goofy Gladiators"

the idea is that there is an Emperor (Town), Heir (Backup Emporer), regular mafia team of 3 or 4, and "Gladiators" (vanilla Town)

when signing up everyone submits at least one Post Restriction (no restriction on the amount of restrictions!)

each game night PRs will be randomly handed out to all the players except the Emp (or maybe the Emp too I dunno)

also during the night the Emp will choose any number of Gladiator opponents (including himself)

upon daybreak those chosen will be announced and they'll have 24 hours during which only they may talk and make cases and try to convince the Emperor who to lynch

once the 24 hours are up everyone else has another 24 hours to speak but the Emperor may now choose to lynch one of the Gladiators chosen during the night at any time

and uhh I guess I'll make night last 24 hours too

so 72 hours per day cycle

I'm thinking 12 players atm so the game would last around 2-3 weeks or somesuch

with all the different PRs flying around I imagine it'll be some kind of ridiculous funfest

it might actually turn out to be terrible I dunno

but feedback would definitely be appreciated

Archived